Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Any USC fans lovin' how they are getting back into the BCS championship with Ohio State? :-D
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Enjoy it while you can
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    Any USC fans lovin' how they are getting back into the BCS championship with Ohio State? :-D
    Prediction, USC crushes the overrated Big 11 school.
    Don't count Florida out of it yet....

I still say Auburn should have played USC two years ago in the BSC. Don't know if they would have won but I know they would have made more of a game of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Prediction, USC crushes the overrated Big 11 school.
    It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  6. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I'm still in shock. Today is a good day to be a Bruins fan.
    I hope we don't get a Ohio St vs Mich rematch.. Been there and done that and win for Ohio.. I've been saying the SEC is the place to be... now let us prove it!
    I don't want to re-play Mi either. I want the Buckeyes to defeat a wide variety of teams
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Michigan doesn't deserve a second shot at Ohio. Florida earned a shot against them and should be in the title game.

Will we ever have an undisputed National Champ until the NCAA realizes we need a playoff system? Can't the "powers that be" see you can have a playoff system AND have a bowl system? You can even rotate which site hosts the Championship game.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.
    Truer words were never spoken.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Truer words were never spoken.
    It's not mine (I wish it were). Credit Yogi Berra.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Michigan doesn't deserve a second shot at Ohio. Florida earned a shot against them and should be in the title game.

Will we ever have an undisputed National Champ until the NCAA realizes we need a playoff system? Can't the "powers that be" see you can have a playoff system AND have a bowl system? You can even rotate which site hosts the Championship game.
    I look at the BCS system as a hybrid between the earlier chaos where all we had was polls. Which poll was the final arbitrator of a champion? AP, Coaches, USA Today?

With BCS, there is an attempt to use polls in an open, systematic manner to select the top 2 teams, which then have to play for the championship.

It is not perfect, but what is? Not the earlier system, for sure.

With the length of playoff system, potential for injuries, I doubt that it is feasible for college football.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    As an alumnus of UCLA I was happy to see our well-timed moment of glory. I just wish it came around more than once every 8 or 9 years.
    I also live in Pasadena. I was taking my 5-year old to a birthday party on Saturday and Old Town Pasadena was awash in cardinal and gold. There is a certain amount of swagger associated with the Trojan fans. We Bruins are a tad more humble than Trojans--maybe we have more to be humble about! It was nice to hear the results later. I didn't watch the game as SpongeBob was on TV at our house.

Traffic as usual around the Rose Bowl was hellish, which made it hard for my wife to take the 10 year old to soccer. Mark my words. An NFL team will never come to Pasadena. Too much hostility to this from the natives, despite the efforts of our City Council.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    It was nice to hear the results later. I didn't watch the game as SpongeBob was on TV at our house.
    That's sad ... Get another TV !!!!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Lets Goooo Gators!
    Here's a guy making predictions:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16023293/
    "Ohio State over Florida by two touchdowns."
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Go Broncos! Beat the Sooners!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Congrats to those Gators.

Meanwhile, we'll be playing ND in the Sugar Bowl.

Geaux Tigers and Go SEC.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Congrats to Troy Smith for winning the Heisman Trophy by the biggest margin in history.

Correction/clarifications:
    He received 801 first-place votes, the second most ever, and 1,662 points more than second-place finisher Darren McFadden of Arkansas, making it the second-most lopsided Heisman vote. Only O.J. Simpson’s 1,750-point victory in 1968 was more onesided.

Smith received a record percent of first place votes, breaking the mark of 87.9 set by USC’s Reggie Bush last year.
    Last edited by aprasad; 12/09/2006 at 08:17 PM. Reason: correction
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM