Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    He is going pro, the thinking now is maybe to The Titans with the 3rd pick. His short passes are very nice, great accuracy and touch, however his deep throws (15+ yards) are off target and float on him (read interception by corners and safeties). The pros will definately work on arm strength from day 1 with him. I wish him all the best in the pros.
    Unfortunately for him, and maybe the Titans as well, there's only so much you can do to improve arm strength. You either have it or you don't.

It's easier to teach a guy to become more accurate.

There may be some wasted movement in his long delivery that coaches will cut down on in his release and allow for some extra distance and speed.

I'd say he's a risk and a long term project. Whoever gets him needs to bring him along like the Bengals did with Palmer. You just can't rush him into action. If the Titans aren't planning on keeping Volek, unless Mauck is ready to be a backup then that's the wrong place for him, because McNair will get hurt and the backup will get a lot of PT.
    I'm back!
    Ernie Sims, Junior at Florida State going to NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Ernie Sims, Junior at Florida State going to NFL.
    Bad move for him. He's not ready, and the draft is heavy at LB. He just cost himselft millions.

That will leave FSU very thin at LB next year as well. Nicholson, Sims, Church, and at least one of McGrew and Davis gone.
    I'm back!
    Typically they think so much more of themselves than the NFL does. They get one chance at millions if 1st round choice. No way is he a 1st rounder and he may not even be a 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Bad move for him. He's not ready, and the draft is heavy at LB. He just cost himselft millions.

That will leave FSU very thin at LB next year as well. Nicholson, Sims, Church, and at least one of McGrew and Davis gone.
    Typically they think so much more of themselves than the NFL does. They get one chance at millions if 1st round choice. No way is he a 1st rounder and he may not even be a 2nd rounder.
    I just read the announcement at Warchant (couldn't find it on sun-sentinel.com, Yahoo, or seminoles.com), and the NFL Advisory committee came back and projected him as an early 2nd rounder, with an outside shot at late 1st round.

Next year he could've been the top LB taken.

BTW, Davis still has a year of elibility. He will probably be the starting MLB next year.
    I'm back!
    Well if that is true, I'll be eating crow and he'll be eating caviar!

I just read the announcement at Warchant (couldn't find it on sun-sentinel.com, Yahoo, or seminoles.com), and the NFL Advisory committee came back and projected him as an early 2nd rounder, with an outside shot at late 1st round.

Next year he could've been the top LB taken.

BTW, Davis still has a year of elibility. He will probably be the starting MLB next year.
    Well if that is true, I'll be eating crow and he'll be eating caviar!
    Still, there is a big difference in money between early 2nd round and mid 1st round, which is what he was probably looking at by staying another year.

Same thing with Cromartie, I dont' get him either. He has exactly 1 start in his college career, and he was a preseason All-American (big difference in my book between preseason and postseason). I know he has the size that NFL scouts are drooling over, but he would've only been a junior next season. He could've been a Thorpe award winner and a surefire 1st rounder. I don't know where they're projecting a guy with a gimpy knee and 1 start.
    I'm back!
    Agreed, Cromartie was 2004 All ACC. Amazing for one start.

Still, there is a big difference in money between early 2nd round and mid 1st round, which is what he was probably looking at by staying another year.

Same thing with Cromartie, I dont' get him either. He has exactly 1 start in his college career, and he was a preseason All-American (big difference in my book between preseason and postseason). I know he has the size that NFL scouts are drooling over, but he would've only been a junior next season. He could've been a Thorpe award winner and a surefire 1st rounder. I don't know where they're projecting a guy with a gimpy knee and 1 start.
    Uh oh...NC State could go from a "middle of the pack team" to a bottom level team! We've can't seem to have a great offense and defense at the same time (we had Philip Rivers and that offense with Norm Chow for 4 years but had one of the worst ranked defenses...then after Philip graduated, we had the #1 defense with one of the worst ranked offenses).

But now....3 of our defensive juniors are declaring (Mario Williams, John McCargo, Tulloch (bowl-game MVP)) Along with the seniors that are leaving...we're about to have a mediocre defense that compliments our mediocre offense...oooh, my season tickets are gonna be a hot commodity next season!
    Just had to bump this thread back for my new avatar! And state is 2nd in the ACC basketball rankings now (behind Duke). Too bad I'm not nearly the basketball fan as I am a football fan
    Me canes are actually doing alright in the bb season so far. Hope they make the NCAA tournament...

CFB recruiting sucked though. We got hammered in recruiting b/c ***** Coker can't coach and fired all the assistants a month before LOI...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I now Miami is in a different league than State in Football, so ya'll expect higher..but don't get me started on the trash we hauled in for football this year! We lost 4 players early to the draft and our offense was mediocre at best last year and we didn't even pull in ONE 4-star recruit let alone a 5-star! Man, I love my school, but I believe the next few years are going to be like a sinking ship. And even worse...UNC has a top 25 recruiting class this year! http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=178&p=9...d=3533&yr=2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Me canes are actually doing alright in the bb season so far. Hope they make the NCAA tournament...

CFB recruiting sucked though. We got hammered in recruiting b/c ***** Coker can't coach and fired all the assistants a month before LOI...
    FSU thanks you for your donations to their 2006 class. Thanks for not giving Preston Parker, Patrick Robinson, or Anthony Leon enough love. I know we really appreciate that.

If we could've stolen Franklin from you and Spiller from Clemson (stolen Spiller from Clemson??? Are you kidding me???), this class would've been really special.
    I'm back!
    Just wanted to revive this thread again.. As I'm preparing for a very special Clemson season , I wonder what is everyone using on their Treo to keep track of every team's NCAA schedules this football season?
    <br>
    Last year I used ESPN and Sportsline. Unless, someone suggests something better, I guess I'll go with them again.
    Geaux Tigers
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Last year I used ESPN and Sportsline. Unless, someone suggests something better, I guess I'll go with them again.
    Geaux Tigers
    Agreed, I typically use ESPN WAP (http://proxy.espn.go.com/wireless/espn/xhtml/index). Yahoo has a pretty decent sports page as well (http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/raw?dp+sports)
    I plan to spend the entire day on Sat in front of the TV. Great games on the tube.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I'm an Auburn fan first and a SEC fan second. Best conference in the country, year in and year out. Shame the BSC has chosen to thumb thier noses at us.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    I'm an Auburn fan first and a SEC fan second. Best conference in the country, year in and year out. Shame the BSC has chosen to thumb thier noses at us.
    All about tv ratings and the audience they can draw.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie View Post
    Just wanted to revive this thread again.. As I'm preparing for a very special Clemson season , I wonder what is everyone using on their Treo to keep track of every team's NCAA schedules this football season?
    Handmark Express has pretty good (and Free!) Sports module.

Go Bucks!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A