Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo
    Apparently not the result you were hoping for?
    No it wasnt. I was really hoping Lindell would get the 1st down when there was 2:05 on the clock and they were going for it on 4th and 2.

It didn't happen. And to top it off, Bing got that facemask penalty to keep that drive going for Tx. It was a GREAT game though.

(When I saw VY pass on the 3rd and 7? at the goaline and it was incomplete, I told my friend that he was going to run it the last play.)

All the bowl games were great this year.

(Just a prediction: IMO Vince won't be a great NFL quarterback unless he learns to stay in the pocket and drop back more. If he goes pro next year and tries running all the time, it will be the kiss of death.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Agreed. a la Michael Vick. Not impressed with Vick. Fun to watch him run for 23 yards for a first down - but bottomline is he doesn't get the job done.

Mike Vick NFL Stats

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    (Just a prediction: IMO Vince won't be a great NFL quarterback unless he learns to stay in the pocket and drop back more. If he goes pro next year and tries running all the time, it will be the kiss of death.)
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    It was a great game, I can not understand why Bush was on the sidelines both times USC went for it on 4th down. If TX had to defend White, Bush and a QB sneak it may have been different. The real surprise is that the refs did not review the lateral by Young when his knee was on the turf, or that USC did not call time to give the officials a chance to consider review. TX might have scored on that drive anyway, but may have have been stopped.
    Yeah I think the reason the extra point was missed is because the kicker was told to rush it. Texas probably would have gotten the TD anyways, but you hate to see the refs miss those calls.

Speaking of reviews, I was surprised at how many times a review was done. There were reviews of fumbles that would not have happened in the NFL because the whistle had been blown.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Not only will he get hit much harder in the pros on a regular basis than he ever got hit in college, but even if he stays back in the pocket, his throwing mechanics are terrible. He's very raw as an NFL QB, a pro QB coach will have to work with him for a while on his technique.

And BTW, Ron Mexico is the most overrated QB in the league right now. He's not nearly as good as ESPN wants to make him out. Him and his brother, who folded in the only 2 tough games they played this season.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Yeah I think the reason the extra point was missed is because the kicker was told to rush it. Texas probably would have gotten the TD anyways, but you hate to see the refs miss those calls.

Speaking of reviews, I was surprised at how many times a review was done. There were reviews of fumbles that would not have happened in the NFL because the whistle had been blown.
    Agreed, here in Northern CA, there are a lot of USC fans and they are really complaining about the reveiws that were done at certain points of the game (the reception on the last drive, that after receiver was down the ball came out, reviewed and clock stopped with 58 sec, reset to 1:07) and then that play not be reviewed.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Not only will he get hit much harder in the pros on a regular basis than he ever got hit in college, but even if he stays back in the pocket, his throwing mechanics are terrible. He's very raw as an NFL QB, a pro QB coach will have to work with him for a while on his technique.
    I found the fact impressive that he was/has been one of the most proficient passers, he was 19-20 on passing in the first half. And he had been that way for most of the year. I think most of rules will go bye with this guy. I agree maybe he will get hit harder in the pros, but who knows. What did WD-28 (Warrick Dunn) say about the pros when he got to the bucs? He said they hit harder in college. I would be willing to side with WD most of time, because they all (NFL Players) know their careers are on the line. In college they are trying o make a name, whereas in NFL they have already 'made it'. Nonetheless I think if VY leaves he will do great things in Houston.

Just my .2
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I found the fact impressive that he was/has been one of the most proficient passers, he was 19-20 on passing in the first half. And he had been that way for most of the year. I think most of rules will go bye with this guy. I agree maybe he will get hit harder in the pros, but who knows. What did WD-28 (Warrick Dunn) say about the pros when he got to the bucs? He said they hit harder in college. I would be willing to side with WD most of time, because they all (NFL Players) know their careers are on the line. In college they are trying o make a name, whereas in NFL they have already 'made it'. Nonetheless I think if VY leaves he will do great things in Houston.

Just my .2
    He is very accurate on short routes, especially when the DB plays 9 or 10 yards off the receiver, but his long throws are not very accurate or very long. His arm strength is going to be an issue in the NFL. I see him being a lot like Slash, a great athlete, but probably not great at a position.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Agreed, here in Northern CA, there are a lot of USC fans and they are really complaining about the reveiws that were done at certain points of the game (the reception on the last drive, that after receiver was down the ball came out, reviewed and clock stopped with 58 sec, reset to 1:07) and then that play not be reviewed.
    Cardiooo, would they be you?

Just my .2
    Yes, but how many of those passes were 7 yard ins and slants? Quite a few. I'm just saying, I've seen plenty of great college QBs who were great because of the system, and they could never translate to the pros. I think a guy with flawed throwing mechanics is doing great because of the system. He's not asked to hit a lot of 30 yards in the air throws. Nor is he throwing a 60 yard bomb. You can't come sidearmed like that in the pros, every DL is 6' 4" with a 70 inch wingspan and can knock that stuff down at the line of scrimmage.

Wuerffel was a great college QB with a hitch in his throw, how'd he do in the pros?

Houston is sticking with Carr over Young. Bush will be going to Houston because Domanick Davis is too fragile.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Cardiooo, would they be you?
    No, as stated early on in this thread (I think) I have been a Noles fan for many years. After the Noles I am SEC (yes even the hated gators). When friends come over to watch the games with a USC shirt, I remind them it stands for University of South Carolina.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    No, as stated early on in this thread (I think) I have been a Noles fan for many years. After the Noles I am SEC (yes even the hated gators). When friends come over to watch the games with a USC shirt, I remind them it stands for University of South Carolina.
    I was not aware that you were/are a Noles fan. Sorry for that. Just chastising ya.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I was not aware that you were/are a Noles fan. Sorry for that. Just chastising ya.
    Yep, lived in Ft Walton Beach area for several years in the late 80s-mid 90s and started seriously following them then.
    Marcus Vick kicked off Virginia Tech

Kid was a cancer, a bad kid.
    Yep, lived in Ft Walton Beach area for several years in the late 80s-mid 90s and started seriously following them then.
    Cool! My family goes on vacation to Destin almost every summer.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    When I watched VY throw in the Rose Bowl, I thought his passes had good 'touch' on them.

As far as WD, remember he is being hit by mostly DB's and linebackers. VY will be getting hit by DE's and Tackles who I would argue are bigger and hit harder in the NFL.

I wish him the best of luck either way.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    When I watched VY throw in the Rose Bowl, I thought his passes had good 'touch' on them.

As far as WD, remember he is being hit by mostly DB's and linebackers. VY will be getting hit by DE's and Tackles who I would argue are bigger and hit harder in the NFL.

How do you figure WD is getting hit by DBs only? He is a running back, so I would assume he is also seeing LBs and DEs and DTs and CBs.

And I agree with you, VY's passes looked nice, tight, and smooth like butta.
    How do you figure WD is getting hit by DBs only? He is a running back, so I would assume he is also seeing LBs and DEs and DTs and CBs.

And I agree with you, VY's passes looked nice, tight, and smooth like butta.
    I didnt say only, I said mostly. I say that because WD usually runs pitches or draws where the downed linemen are engaged and if they do get to WD, it is usually just to trip him up. The players that really get a chance to put a hit on him are the DB's an LB's. Remember too that WD is very small and extremely shifty...making it even harder to really put a lick on him. VY is bigger (hence a larger target) and if he goes to a team with a poor winning record, likely he won't have a lot of protection in the pocket (which may make him want to run more. )

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Cool! My family goes on vacation to Destin almost every summer.
    Destin is great, spent many a summer day on the beach watching the scenery walk by
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

He is going pro, the thinking now is maybe to The Titans with the 3rd pick. His short passes are very nice, great accuracy and touch, however his deep throws (15+ yards) are off target and float on him (read interception by corners and safeties). The pros will definately work on arm strength from day 1 with him. I wish him all the best in the pros.
    Destin is great, spent many a summer day on the beach watching the scenery walk by
    I've spent many a day on the beach with my Treo in Destin. My favorite place to vacation.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover