Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Robert Tilton has been the farting preacher for soooo long. I remember seeing him like this back in '85. Believe in God or not it's pretty funny.
    Since I was only born in 1985, I dont have that same special relationship with Preacher Tilton. I would, however, suspect that someone that is on a first name basis with God, like the preacherman, would, after twenty years, have been able to pray-away his intestinal distress. No??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Well, the discussion got lively around here, so here's so lighter fluid for the BBQ...

If you have faith, great. If you don't, fine too. Just treat your fellow person with respect.

Now the big religions that have lasted, succeed because they have adapted; they have gone through reformations which make them adaptable to the modern world.

Christianity (Catholicism, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Baptists, etc.) have had their reformations.

Judiasm has had their reformations.

Isalm....well, they still are working on that one, which is why there are so many problems.

Buddhist and Hindus - don't know if they really need one.

Now, contrast that to the cults like scientology. Yes, it is a wealthy, sexy, etc., but it is a cult.

Secretive (cutting you off from family, friends who aren't part of the brainwash), exclusive (you are special and others are not), and based on the premise of paying more and more money for "readings" to get "clear" (snake oil if there ever was).

You only need to listen to Tommy Cruise to see what conviction blithering idiots have. And as far as a "silent birth", that is bull**** by men who want women to suffer and don't want to hear them cry. It is amazing any person with any common sense would even consider that.

But hey, you have the right to choose to be stupid.
    Isnt John Travolta also one of them Scientology dudes.
    List of Scientologists
    A Scientologist is a believer in Scientology. The following is a list of well-known past and present Scientologists.

Conventionally, the label applies to members of the Church of Scientology, not to the Free Zone (those who practice Scientology outside the original Church).

Kirstie Alley, actress
    Anne Archer, actress
    Jennifer Aspen, actress
    Jason Beghe, actor
    Catherine Bell, actress
    Karen Nelson Bell, producer, director and musician
    Karen Black, actress (later repudiated Scientology)
    Sonny Bono, artist and congressman
    William S. Burroughs, author, Beat Generation icon (later denounced Scientology)
    David Campbell, musician
    Nancy Cartwright, voiceover artist
    Kate Ceberano, actress and musician
    Erika Christensen, actress
    Keith Code, racing instructor
    Chick Corea, musician
    Tom Cruise, actor
    Dave Davies, musician
    Xavier Deluc, actor
    Jenna Elfman, actress, and her husband Bodhi, actor
    Werner Erhard, ex-Scientologist who founded est
    Michael Fairman, actor
    Beck Hansen, (Beck) musician
    Isaac Hayes, musician, actor
    Nicky Hopkins, musician
    Katie Holmes, actress, former Catholic, converted in 2005 while in a relationship with Tom Cruise
    L. Ron Hubbard, founder of Scientology
    Mark Isham, musician
    Terry Jastrow, TV producer and director
    Jim Johnson, owner of Mr. Jim's Pizza chain
    Kimberley Kates, actress
    Jason Lee, actor and professional skateboarder
    Geoffrey Lewis, actor
    Juliette Lewis, actress
    Peggy Lipton, actress
    Courtney Love, musician and widow of Kurt Cobain
    Charles Manson, serial killer who joined Scientology in prison before starting his own cult
    Christopher Masterson, actor
    Danny Masterson, actor, older brother of Christopher Masterson
    Lisa McPherson, died controversially while in the care of the Church of Scientology
    Peter Medak, director
    Van Morrison, singer, songwriter (later repudiated Scientology)
    Floyd Mutrux, writer, director and producer
    Haywood Nelson, actor
    Judy Norton, actress and musician
    Eduardo Palomo, actor, and his wife Carina, actress and musician
    Jeff Pomerantz, actor
    David Pomeranz, musician
    Priscilla Presley, actress
    Lisa Marie Presley, daughter of Elvis
    Kelly Preston, actress and John Travolta's wife
    Leah Remini, actress
    Patrick Renna, actor
    Giovanni Ribisi, actor
    Marissa Ribisi, actress
    Michael D. Roberts, actor
    Mimi Rogers, actress
    Carl-W. R?rig, artist
    Billy Sheehan, rock bassist
    Megan Shields, physician and author
    Michelle Stafford, actress
    Sharon Stone, actress (reportedly now a convert to Buddhism)
    Patrick Swayze, actor
    Greta Van Susteren, host of On the Record with Greta Van Susteren on FOX TV
    John Travolta, actor
    Patrick Warren, musician
    Edgar Winter, musician
    Robert Zoller, author
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Robert Tilton has been the farting preacher for soooo long. I remember seeing him like this back in '85. Believe in God or not it's pretty funny.

I assumed that piece was created by some clever sound effects editing.

Perhaps I'm the only one here too ignorant to have ""heard" of his "special" talents. I'm literally breathless at the idea that he actually goes on tv performing his little squeaky miracles...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Most Scientographers seem to be democrat. Hmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Are you saying that based on your list of well-known followers or have you seen something that speaks to the political affiliation of group-wide membership? I think the majority of celebrities (actors and musicians) are liberal but isn't Scientology made up of more then just celebs?
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE

Perhaps I'm the only one here too ignorant to have ""heard" of his "special" talents. I'm literally breathless at the idea that he actually goes on tv performing his little squeaky miracles...
    Reclaim your breath (of course you may want to hold it while the smoke clears). You have observed and audibly detected clever sound effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Are you saying that based on your list of well-known followers or have you seen something that speaks to the political affiliation of group-wide membership? I think the majority of celebrities (actors and musicians) are liberal but isn't Scientology made up of more then just celebs?
    If the list had Noah Zark or Ben Dover on it, you wouldnt care. I assume that the "church" likes to tout its high profile followers
    If the list had Noah Zark or Ben Dover on it, you wouldnt care. I assume that the "church" likes to tout its high profile followers
    I understand that. I'm just curious about to overall political affiliation of "church" members. It wouldn't shock me if most were Dems but your statment led me to believe you knew, or had seen something related to that.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I understand that. I'm just curious about to overall political affiliation of "church" members. It wouldn't shock me if most were Dems but your statment led me to believe you knew, or had seen something related to that.
    I received the information from the ether through an electromagnetic pulse.
    Wow, still using pulse width modulation ?
    Cool. Just wanted to make sure you cited your source.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE

It was created by some clever sound guy. Too ignorant to realize that he isn't really like that on tv? Cmon Barye even youre smarter than that, arent you?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  15.    #55  

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123