1.    #1  
    I think a lot of people are veru angry about Palm dealing with the Devil. One way to prostest may be to:

1) avoind purchasing palm products and instead support other palm device vendors.

2) sell all stock you may own in Palm and put it elsewhere. Both of these actions, if successful, may drive down the price of the stock to the point at which the Japanese firm Access will try and unload Palm os to other bidders such as Monta Vista or Wind River which may be able to place emphasis on POL and dump the Doze nonsense in the garbabe where it belongs. Comany CEO's like Corel's Derek Burney have long been suspected of being able to force shareprice down by unethical means and I think Palm users should fight fire with fire. Collectively we can become a powerful force and we must do our best to avoind POL from dying in a dark corner of the world without any chance of being reincarnated as another Linux distro.

Perhaps someone like Monta Vista, WindRiver, RHAT or IBM might then buy out Palm os and return the os to American expertise where it belongs. It would likely have a much more productive future then instead of dying of starvation on an Asian island at the edge of civilization. What a shame this would be really. What a power house it could have been in the right hands. We need to stand up and vote with our feet. The killing off of Palm os by the Redmond mob must not be allowed. If us shareholders can force Palmsource's share price to come down significantly then it would become an ideal acquistion target for many major tech companies. For example, IBM or RHAT or Nokia may buy it and then open source it to undermine WinMob from dominating yet another industry.
    I'm happy to see you AND it's a Treo in my pocket!
    Palm could not fight corporate America's IT departments that were following a windows only strategy. Might as well sell them the hardware.

Just do not abandon 10 years of Palm users. . . . . release the 700p.

I still believe.
    Hey we can also get gas companies to lower prices by only filling up on the second Tuesday of every month! ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Tubule
    ...we must do our best to avoind POL from dying in a dark corner of the world...
    <snip>
    ...have a much more productive future then instead of dying of starvation on an Asian island at the edge of civilization...
    The Japanese would likely disagree that they live in a dark corner of the world at the edge of civilization... I understand wanting competition in the marketplace. PalmSource should not die... but let's not insult the Japanese in the process of making our point.

Unfortunately, the measures you outlined won't happen. If they did, the most likely result would impact Palm (who now just makes the hardware - for the umpteenth time) not PalmSource. Putting Palm out of business (the most likely imapct) would not do good things for PalmSource, obviously.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    It would likely have a much more productive future then instead of dying of starvation on an Asian island at the edge of civilization.
    Why put down the Japanese when we gave it to them. And in my opinion the Japanese has allot more gadgets then we do. I have been looking at cell phones that are available there but not here. So give the "Asian islands" a chance. They may improve it.. I don't remember the last time canadians invented anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    Why put down the Japanese when we gave it to them. And in my opinion the Japanese has allot more gadgets then we do. I have been looking at cell phones that are available there but not here. So give the "Asian islands" a chance. They may improve it.. I don't remember the last time canadians invented anything.
    Blackberry!
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    I think a lot of people are veru angry about Palm dealing with the Devil. One way to prostest may be to:

2) sell all stock you may own in Palm and put it elsewhere. Both of these actions, if successful, may drive down the price of the stock to the point at which the Japanese firm Access will try and unload Palm os to other bidders such as Monta Vista or Wind River which may be able to place emphasis on POL and dump the Doze nonsense in the garbabe where it belongs. Comany CEO's like Corel's Derek Burney have long been suspected of being able to force shareprice down by unethical means and I think Palm users should fight fire with fire. Collectively we can become a powerful force and we must do our best to avoind POL from dying in a dark corner of the world without any chance of being reincarnated as another Linux distro.

This would punish PalmSource, not Palm. They're not the ones who made the "deal with the devil". And let's say that everyone on TC who owns PSRC shares does sell to do what you're suggesting. How much of a dent do you think that would make? Why would it all of a sudden not be worth the bid price to Access anymore?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.

1) avoind purchasing palm products and instead support other palm device vendors.

Perhaps someone like Monta Vista, WindRiver, RHAT or IBM might then buy out Palm os and return the os to American expertise where it belongs. It would likely have a much more productive future then instead of dying of starvation on an Asian island at the edge of civilization. What a shame this would be really. What a power house it could have been in the right hands. We need to stand up and vote with our feet. The killing off of Palm os by the Redmond mob must not be allowed. If us shareholders can force Palmsource's share price to come down significantly then it would become an ideal acquistion target for many major tech companies. For example, IBM or RHAT or Nokia may buy it and then open source it to undermine WinMob from dominating yet another industry.
    Good luck with this, let us know how this turns out for you.....
    I'm back!
  9.    #9  
    All right, all right. Perhaps I don't make the best posts late at night when I have insomnia spells. But, I know for a fact that my next smartphone will be a Blackberry or a Sharp Linux PDA. I want to help build market share and developer network effect under a new platform and will be willing to take the time to move my business over to the new platform. Changes happen slowly initially. But with Palm now supporting WinMob on the Treo, I think the other platforms are ripe for a surge in market share and I hope to be one of them. Good bye for ever Palm os. You've served me well but it's time to move on.
    All right, all right. Perhaps I don't make the best posts late at night when I have insomnia spells. But, I know for a fact that my next smartphone will be a Blackberry or a Sharp Linux PDA. I want to help build market share and developer network effect under a new platform and will be willing to take the time to move my business over to the new platform. Changes happen slowly initially. But with Palm now supporting WinMob on the Treo, I think the other platforms are ripe for a surge in market share and I hope to be one of them. Good bye for ever Palm os. You've served me well but it's time to move on.
    This looks promising...

http://www.rimarkable.com/archives/325
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    I don't remember the last time canadians invented anything.
    Insulin
    Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    I don't remember the last time canadians invented anything.
    Maple syrup!