1.    #1  
    This is not a typical post from me.
    But if you take a look at my Avatar you might realize why i am devestated today.
    Highest payroll on the league means NOTHING!!
    Ya still gotta go out there and perform.

I have *****ed to everyone else today.... so i decided not to leave out the good folks of TC!

At least Boston was swept. That soothes my pain slightly.
    There is nothing sweeter than the remainder of the playoffs without either the Red Sox or the Yankees.
    I'm back!
    I'm an old '77-79 Yankees fan (lost interest after the major trades) but this photo from the NY Times really captured it for me:

Recognizing that I volunteered...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    I'm an old '77-79 Yankees fan (lost interest after the major trades) but this photo from the NY Times really captured it for me
    That picture pretty much sums up their entire season!
    Not much without steroids, huh ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    bwahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    I'm an old '77-79 Yankees fan (lost interest after the major trades) but this photo from the NY Times really captured it for me:

I didn't watch the series, so don't know this picture's context, but its almost too perfect --

"San Diego ZOO" framing a crumpled body collapsed into the bulls eye of one "O" -- the legs perfectly askew of a player hanging in mid air his knee jabbing the solarplexis of his teammate -- as the missed ball targets the other "O"...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Maybe there is something to the "curse of Shea"

Yankees LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE

THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHE YANKEES LOSE!
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Hey

Professional athletes on steroids??!!
    Thats just crazy talk...
    They are much to concerned about the examples they set for small children.
    too many rich egos trying to be leaders (lone rangers) and you won't get a cohesive team-based performance.
    Hey Longwhiner- as a Red Sox fan all I can say is welcome to the deep pit of despair!
    Longstrider: I liked it just fine (and we got a good start on the Sox too!)

I kind of felt bad for Johnson in game 4. I just think the Angels started hitting the ball well. Plus its not like you guys saw a lot of Santana to know how to hit him in the postseason.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I'm just glad the sox are out...the mass pike gets jammed whenever there's a fenway game.
  14.    #14  
    Longstrider: I liked it just fine (and we got a good start on the Sox too!)

I kind of felt bad for Johnson in game 4. I just think the Angels started hitting the ball well. Plus its not like you guys saw a lot of Santana to know how to hit him in the postseason.
    "The Big Unit" had trouble right from the beginning handling that NY fan pressure. That's no excuse. To be great you have to perform in the post season. Jeter NEVER plays bad when its all on the line! He is truly a hall of famer. And A-Rod... I won't even go there. Him and Matsui stranded so many runners I thought I was watching an episode of LOST!
    Santana is great. But when you are getting paid 225 million for 10 years you better be able to hit "half of a pea" coming at you at 100 miles an hour!
    Post season play is how you become one of the greats!
  15.    #15  
    I'm just glad the sox are out...the mass pike gets jammed whenever there's a fenway game.
    I hear ya. What's wrong... Bauwston folks don't like sitting in the KAHR?