1. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    They are providing the first 9 minutes of the movie free online as a marketing experiment:

http://video.vividas.com/CDN1/3929_S...web/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    They are providing the first 9 minutes of the movie free online as a marketing experiment:

Yes. Yes it does.
    cant wait to see this one
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Wow! That beats the hell out of the lame ads they've been running on TV.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster

be careful, i tried to point this out last week and the thread got locked.

see.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I did not lock it but since I am not familiar with the series, I asked. The other mods took it as a wasted thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    I did not lock it but since I am not familiar with the series, I asked. The other mods took it as a wasted thread.
    isnt any thread in off topic a "wasted" thread?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Sigh, too bad I am deployed in the middle of frickin nowhere and won't be able to see it for months....almost as bad as not being able to see my family
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
  9. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Sigh, too bad I am deployed in the middle of frickin nowhere and won't be able to see it for months....almost as bad as not being able to see my family
    Where is the middle of nowhere, matty? 'cuz we're thinking of resurrecting the 'Firefly DVDs to the Troops' fundraiser with the Serenity DVD (last time we sent over 1,000 DVDs through the Navy morale dept I think)...
    I am blown away. Looks like the best sci-fi movie since the original Matrix.
    Where is the middle of nowhere, matty? 'cuz we're thinking of resurrecting the 'Firefly DVDs to the Troops' fundraiser with the Serenity DVD (last time we sent over 1,000 DVDs through the Navy morale dept I think)...
    No where especially classified but this is not the venue to reveal my deployed location nor to someone I don't know. Thanks for the thought though. I have asked for the FireFly DVD series as a Christmas present, so we'll see how good Santa is to me.

I appreciate the thought, truly. I don't want to come off ungrateful, I really do appreciate the thought, just all comm is monitored and I don't want to get in trouble.

Cheers
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    No where especially classified but this is not the venue to reveal my deployed location nor to someone I don't know. Thanks for the thought though. I have asked for the FireFly DVD series as a Christmas present, so we'll see how good Santa is to me.

I appreciate the thought, truly. I don't want to come off ungrateful, I really do appreciate the thought, just all comm is monitored and I don't want to get in trouble.

Cheers
    Then again, staring up at the ceiling of a GP-Medium, the world looks the same everywhere... (I've got a couple of months of this luxury...) We used to joke that it didn't matter where we went, when we looked down, sometimes it was swampy, sometimes snowy, sometimes dirty. Locations all look the same after awhile.
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    Then again, staring up at the ceiling of a GP-Medium, the world looks the same everywhere... (I've got a couple of months of this luxury...) We used to joke that it didn't matter where we went, when we looked down, sometimes it was swampy, sometimes snowy, sometimes dirty. Locations all look the same after awhile.
    The sound of the canvas flapping in the wind puts me to sleep...

cheers
    Think I better put away this sword I am playing with before something bad happens.

This looks like a 'must see' for me.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Confirmation after last night's viewing with my wife:

True Rock-itude! Thoroughly enjoyed it! I know nothing of the TV series but this was just a great movie in keeping with the original Star Wars.
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    I saw it last night. Pretty cool movie. It seemed like watching a TV show on the big screen. I give it a 7.5 out of 10.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I saw Serenity. Strange name for a sci-fi flick. Good movie overall. Not quite in the class as Star Wars or Independence Day, but good action and entertainment.