Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Horrible President...

FBI FREEH UNLOADS ON CLINTON: 'CLOSETS WERE FULL OF SKELETONS'
    Thu Oct 06 2005 14:07:50 ET - DRUDGE

Louis Freeh Speaks for the First Time About his Terrible Relationship with the President

Former FBI Director Louis Freeh says publicly for the first time that his relationship with President Bill Clinton – the man who appointed him – was a terrible one because Clinton’s scandals made him a constant target of FBI investigations. Freeh discloses this and many other details of his dealings with the Clinton White House in a new bombshell book: 'My FBI : Bringing Down the Mafia, Investigating Bill Clinton, and Fighting the War on Terror' -- set for release next week.

Freeh has taped an interview with Mike Wallace and CBSNEWS '60 MINUTES' to be broadcast Sunday, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

MORE

In the book, “My FBI,” he writes, “The problem was with Bill Clinton -- the scandals and the rumored scandals, the incubating ones and the dying ones never ended. Whatever moral compass the president was consulting was leading him in the wrong direction. His closets were full of skeletons just waiting to burst out.”

The director sought to distance himself from Clinton because of Whitewater, refusing a White House pass that would have enabled him to enter the building without signing in. This irked Clinton. “I wanted all my visits to be official,” says Freeh. “When I sent the pass back with a note, I had no idea it would antagonize the president,” he tells Wallace.

Returning the pass was only the start of the rift. Later, relations got so bad that President Clinton reportedly began referring to Freeh as “that F…ing Freeh.” Says Freeh, “I don’t know how they referred to me and I really didn’t care,” he says. “My role and my obligation was to conduct criminal investigations. He, unfortunately for the country and unfortunately for him, happened to be the subject of that investigation,” Freeh says.

In another revelation, Freeh says the former president let down the American people and the families of victims of the Khobar Towers terror attack in Saudi Arabia. After promising to bring to justice those responsible for the bombing that killed 19 and injured hundreds, Freeh says Clinton refused to personally ask Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah to allow the FBI to question bombing suspects the kingdom had in custody – the only way the bureau could secure the interviews, according to Freeh. Freeh writes in the book, “Bill Clinton raised the subject only to tell the crown prince that he understood the Saudis’ reluctance to cooperate and then he hit Abdullah up for a contribution to the Clinton Presidential Library.” Says Freeh, “That’s a fact that I am reporting.”

The most unsavory of those investigations was the one concerning Clinton and Lewinsky. The White House intern had kept a *****-stained dress as proof of her relationship and a Clinton blood sample was needed to match the DNA on the dress. “Well, it was like a bad movie and it was ridiculous that…Ken Starr and myself, the director of the FBI, find ourselves in that ridiculous position,” he tells Wallace. “But we did it…very carefully, very confidentially,” recalls Freeh. As he explains the plan in the book, Clinton was at a scheduled dinner and excused himself to go to the bathroom. Instead of the restroom, he entered another room where FBI medical technicians were waiting to take a blood sample.

Freeh says he was determined to stay on as FBI director until President Clinton left office so that Clinton could not appoint his successor. “I was concerned about who he would put in there as FBI director because he had expressed antipathy for the FBI, for the director,” he tells Wallace. “[So] I was going to stay there and make sure he couldn’t replace me,” Freeh tells Wallace.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Horrible President...

FBI FREEH UNLOADS ON CLINTON: 'CLOSETS WERE FULL OF SKELETONS'
    Thu Oct 06 2005 14:07:50 ET - DRUDGE

Louis Freeh Speaks for the First Time About his Terrible Relationship with the President

Former FBI Director Louis Freeh says publicly for the first time that his relationship with President Bill Clinton – the man who appointed him – was a terrible one because Clinton’s scandals made him a constant target of FBI investigations. Freeh discloses this and many other details of his dealings with the Clinton White House in a new bombshell book: 'My FBI : Bringing Down the Mafia, Investigating Bill Clinton, and Fighting the War on Terror' -- set for release next week.

Freeh has taped an interview with Mike Wallace and CBSNEWS '60 MINUTES' to be broadcast Sunday, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

MORE

In the book, “My FBI,” he writes, “The problem was with Bill Clinton -- the scandals and the rumored scandals, the incubating ones and the dying ones never ended. Whatever moral compass the president was consulting was leading him in the wrong direction. His closets were full of skeletons just waiting to burst out.”

The director sought to distance himself from Clinton because of Whitewater, refusing a White House pass that would have enabled him to enter the building without signing in. This irked Clinton. “I wanted all my visits to be official,” says Freeh. “When I sent the pass back with a note, I had no idea it would antagonize the president,” he tells Wallace.

Returning the pass was only the start of the rift. Later, relations got so bad that President Clinton reportedly began referring to Freeh as “that F…ing Freeh.” Says Freeh, “I don’t know how they referred to me and I really didn’t care,” he says. “My role and my obligation was to conduct criminal investigations. He, unfortunately for the country and unfortunately for him, happened to be the subject of that investigation,” Freeh says.

In another revelation, Freeh says the former president let down the American people and the families of victims of the Khobar Towers terror attack in Saudi Arabia. After promising to bring to justice those responsible for the bombing that killed 19 and injured hundreds, Freeh says Clinton refused to personally ask Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah to allow the FBI to question bombing suspects the kingdom had in custody – the only way the bureau could secure the interviews, according to Freeh. Freeh writes in the book, “Bill Clinton raised the subject only to tell the crown prince that he understood the Saudis’ reluctance to cooperate and then he hit Abdullah up for a contribution to the Clinton Presidential Library.” Says Freeh, “That’s a fact that I am reporting.”

The most unsavory of those investigations was the one concerning Clinton and Lewinsky. The White House intern had kept a *****-stained dress as proof of her relationship and a Clinton blood sample was needed to match the DNA on the dress. “Well, it was like a bad movie and it was ridiculous that…Ken Starr and myself, the director of the FBI, find ourselves in that ridiculous position,” he tells Wallace. “But we did it…very carefully, very confidentially,” recalls Freeh. As he explains the plan in the book, Clinton was at a scheduled dinner and excused himself to go to the bathroom. Instead of the restroom, he entered another room where FBI medical technicians were waiting to take a blood sample.

Freeh says he was determined to stay on as FBI director until President Clinton left office so that Clinton could not appoint his successor. “I was concerned about who he would put in there as FBI director because he had expressed antipathy for the FBI, for the director,” he tells Wallace. “[So] I was going to stay there and make sure he couldn’t replace me,” Freeh tells Wallace.
    Uh, Clinton is no longer in office. Plus not to mention the Repubs were the ones bringing all the investagations making it difficult to do his job. Overall this is just bad news for Clinton and you felt like sharing. Understandable, though.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Now we have the answer to Barye sig line question. Clinton could not deal with Katrina because his closet was full of skeletons he was trying to keep quite.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Now we have the answer to Barye sig line question. Clinton could not deal with Katrina because his closet was full of skeletons he was trying to keep quite.
    If Katrina wore a thong, I bet somehow he would have found a way.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    LOL
    I feel like saying "Better a President who screws an intern than one who screws-up the economy, the nation, and the world" ... but I'll refrain .... for the sake of civility :-)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I feel like saying "Better a President who screws an intern than one who screws-up the economy, the nation, and the world" ... but I'll refrain .... for the sake of civility :-)
    But, he did it all.
    Hey! Don't look at the current failure of an administration! Remember the (married) guy that poked that intern? Never Forget!

Edited to add "married".
    Last edited by daThomas; 10/06/2005 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Hey! Don't look at the current failure of an administration! Remember the guy that poked that intern? Never Forget!
    The married guy
    The married guy that was getting serviced while talking on the phone about deploying American servicemen in harm's way...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    The married guy that was getting serviced while talking on the phone about deploying American servicemen in harm's way...
    How many were harmed? How long were they in harm's way? What was the purpose of putting them in harms's way?
    And is the title of this thread an intentional pun!!??!
    I know the fact that he was in the Oval Office doing this doesn't bother you...
    I know the fact that he was cheating on his wife doens't bother you...

But don't you think deploying American forces into a hostile zone maybe deserves his full attention?

I don't think we lost many, if any soldiers in that goat rope. They're still there. And what was the purpose of putting them in harm's way...hmmm...I thought it was to unilaterally intervene in another nation's internal affairs.
    I know the fact that he was in the Oval Office doing this doesn't bother you...
    I know the fact that he was cheating on his wife doens't bother you...

But don't you think deploying American forces into a hostile zone maybe deserves his full attention?

I don't think we lost many, if any soldiers in that goat rope. They're still there. And what was the purpose of putting them in harm's way...hmmm...I thought it was to unilaterally intervene in another nation's internal affairs.
    Two years after that decision, what was the living situation for the native population?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Two years after that decision, what was the living situation for the native population?
    And again you don't answer the questions posed to you. Why is that? What are you hiding? Oops, there I go again.

To answer your question, balanced on a razor's edge.

http://www.economist.com/World/europ...ory_id=4489028
    And again you don't answer the questions posed to you. Why is that? What are you hiding? Oops, there I go again.

To answer your question, balanced on a razor's edge.

http://www.economist.com/World/europ...ory_id=4489028
    I think your image of someone gettting a hummer and ordering a deplyment at the same time is unrealistic.

Clinton. NEVER FORGET! (even if it's fiction)
    Read the Starr report.

Another question for you...what US national interest was secured by involving ourselves in that civil war? Stop the suffering? Why there and not Rwanda? Was our first black president a racist? Anyway, it sure got us a lot of good press with the Islamic community...
    Don't look at the current failure of an administration! Remember the (married) guy that poked that intern?
    You may feel the current administration is a failure. That does not make it so. By any objective measure the country is in a better position now than when Bush took office. You may not like it You may wish to slant the table by only looking at evidence that reinforces your prejudices. That doesn't change reality.

Everything is not perfect (obviously). We're also not as bad off as the left would like to the voting public to believe.
    Last edited by phurth; 10/06/2005 at 07:55 PM.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Overall this is just bad news for Clinton...
    Agreed. The truth of him being a do-nothing President is coming forward. He was so busy getting in trouble and partying, he never did anything worthwhile. He was fortunate that the Repubs had the House and Senate and the economy was rolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast