Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Freeh says that Clinton shook down King Abdullah for a contribution for his library...using the threat of using the FBI to investigate the Khobar Tower bombing.
    Whatever the political leanings, this book tour should be interesting. I'm looking forward to NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross (he's written a book.. I'm sure he'll come on Fresh Air).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Freeh will be on Comedy Central's The Daily Show next week (so is Bill O'Reilly and to compensate .. Dolly Parton!!).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Freeh says that Clinton shook down King Abdullah for a contribution for his library...using the threat of using the FBI to investigate the Khobar Tower bombing.
    Clinton is the niggest fn phony in the history of politics. It's all about ME with him. Gore probably would of held that title if he could of won the 2000 election.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Clinton is the niggest fn phony in the history of politics. It's all about ME with him. Gore probably would of held that title if he could of won the 2000 election.
    He did win the election.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    He did win the election.
    No he did not. He had more national votes than President Bush, but President Bush had more electoral votes than Gore. It came down to Florida. After several recounts President Bush won the Florida vote. A couple of recounts even after the election determined President Bush still won. It is democrat spin to say Gore won. The same thing nearly happened to President Bush against Kerry last fall. Had Kerry won Ohio, Kerry would of won the election with less votes, but more electoral votes. Had that happened, I wouldn't be complaining five years later like you.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    No he did not. He had more national votes than President Bush, but President Bush had more electoral votes than Gore. It came down to Florida. After several recounts President Bush won the Florida vote. A couple of recounts even after the election determined President Bush still won. It is democrat spin to say Gore won. The same thing nearly happened to President Bush against Kerry last fall. Had Kerry won Ohio, Kerry would of won the election with less votes, but more electoral votes. Had that happened, I wouldn't be complaining five years later like you.
    After the recounts were done in FL it showed gore won the state of FL. Therefore winning both popular and electoral. Source: AEI
    After the recounts were done in FL it showed gore won the state of FL. Therefore winning both popular and electoral. Source: AEI
    LOL! The media recount! Oh, yeah...

I'm not a particularly religious man, but I thank God every day that Bush was commander in chief when we finally started to fight back.

On another note, did anyone else catch Gore's latest rant? Help me understand...is he actually longing for the day when there were only 3 networks, and that he regrets the level of exchange of ideas enabled by the internet?
  9.    #29  
    Not true. The analysis assumed any vote not readable was given to Gore. That way he did win, but not very plausible.

I googled "Gore won recount" and only blogs came up. Gore lost, again.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Not true. The analysis assumed any vote not readable was given to Gore. That way he did win, but not very plausible.

I googled "Gore won recount" and only blogs came up. Gore lost, again.
    We are going to agree to disagree on this one. But I think we can both agree that election was not decided by the people but by SC.
    We are going to agree to disagree on this one. But I think we can both agree that election was not decided by the people but by SC.
    The Supreme Court doesn't decide anything. They just end discussion.

We wouldn't say that the right to abortion was decided by the SC in Roe v. Wade. It was (and is) a personal, local, and state decision. They just ruled on the constitutional legality.
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
  12.    #32  
    Can't agree with you at all. You provided a link that assumed any non-counted ballot would go to Gore. That is a horrible arguement. It's ridiculous. Gore lost and Florida proved their Republican resolve this last November by unquestionable vote for President Bush.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12