Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    With all the hulaballo demanding we find more environmentally-friendly alternative energy supplies... why are China and other such countries increasing demand for what will run out- do they want a WWIII over energy? It seems more logical that the countries that are just emerging in their energy use would want to be on the forefront of developing and using alternative forms of energy. They could even patent the tech and sell it to us. With so much infrastructure here relying on dirtier forms of energy, and China not having the burden of that infrastructure, they could start with a clean slate and do it right. Yet they don't, they compete with us for the oil- why? It is not that they have the same infrastructure- many of them use bikes. So, it would be as easy to get their people off bikes and onto whatever new-tech transpo is next, rather than putting them in polluting infernal-combustion machines. Maybe they know something we don't... that those new technologies are not so great after all??

Just wondering why the emerging world wants us to slow our use of old-tech energy so they will have pleanty for themselves, instead of them just skipping over the polluting era and going right to the cleaner new- tech...
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    Just wondering why the emerging world wants us to slow our use of old-tech energy so they will have pleanty for themselves, instead of them just skipping over the polluting era and going right to the cleaner new- tech...
    Because the current (dirty) technology is way cheaper and more available than any clean new sources of fuel. There's only so much you can do with windmills and biomass.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Oh so now it's just lobbyists? Didnt make that distinction before did you? Just profit.
    Sounds more like evasion than a real answer. Big surprise.
    Who puts the lobbyist there? BTW I did not say "lobbyist" I said "lobbying".
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ....talk about diggin up skeletons...
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    a search for oil spill returned this... thought it would make a good home for it...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    For the OP: this is a very good site from USF that shows an animation of the prediction of the movement of the spill. Batten your hatches in the keys. You actually might do OK in the Tampa Bay area....relatively speaking, of course. There's no way it won't cause some damage everywhere on the gulf coast.

animation prediction of the Deepwater Horizon spill
    FYI, this is a motivator for the incompetent response to the current leak. The worse the damage, the more ammunition for opposition to future drilling. Meanwhile there are THOUSANDS of drill platforms being operated by other countries just outside US waters where we can't regulate.

FYI, the same thing happened at 3-mile island. That was used to stop and reduce the use of nuclear power plants.

No flames please. I'm not saying I am for or against nuclear power or off shore drilling. I'm saying that politicians take advantage of people's emotions for political gain. Always. Same with any divisive hot-button issue on either extreme.

I'd love to not need oil. I'd love to never send another dime to an Arab country, etc. etc. I hope we treat that objective like we did putting a man on the moon.

Until then, they need to quit playing games. Many heads should roll at BP and in the government when this is over. This is just ridiculous. And the damage may be around for generations...
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567