Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Hey I could care less about the trees just as long as they rotate crops. I don't want my dolphins, groupers, barracuda, marlins, sailfish, sharks, egrets, pelicans, children swimming in oil polluted waters.

That's hilarious. You dont care about trees. Trees help create the air you breathe. Do dolphins do that? Egrets? etc? Talk about selective conservation. Youre no environmentalist, youre just selfish.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    You would rather pay higher prices? No drilling off YOUR coast?

Folks, you just can't make this stuff up!
    I missed your point or you missed mine.

If higher gas prices is a consquence of not having oil drilling on the FL coast then so be it.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    That's hilarious. You dont care about trees. Trees help create the air you breathe. Do dolphins do that? Egrets? etc? Talk about selective conservation. Youre no environmentalist, youre just selfish.
    You did not read the whole thing did you Woof?

I think I put in there "just as long as they rotate crops".
    I missed your point or you missed mine.

If higher gas prices is a consquence of not having oil drilling on the FL coast then so be it.
    The points are:

1. Not everyone can afford to pay more for gasoline/oil to drive to work, or heat their homes, or fly across the country on business trips, or buy petroleum based products. This nation RUNS on oil, and there is no viable alternative anywhere on the horizon.

2. You refer to it as "your" coast. I wasn't aware that you had declared soveignty. Say "hi" to Condi for me when they set up the embassy on your property!
    Are they proposing kicking you out of your house? Are they proposing running a pipeline through your kitchen?
    Yawn.
    Let's look at it this way oil is a dead end. We need renewable sources of energy. If by keeping oil off my coast makes some you realize this quicker than ao be it. Some of you are just whistling past the graveyard.
    Well DUH!

Problem is with human nature being what it is, we wont collectively make the complete switch until we have to. As long as there is oil to use we will use it.

And I caught your rotating crops statement. You know much about trees?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Are they proposing kicking you out of your house? Are they proposing running a pipeline through your kitchen?
    Yawn.
    That'd save on the drive to the gas station. Think of the personal conservation there.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Let's look at it this way oil is a dead end. We need renewable sources of energy. If by keeping oil off my coast makes some you realize this quicker than ao be it. Some of you are just whistling past the graveyard.
    I sympathize with you. Everyone seems to recognize we are dependant on oil to meet our energy needs. The only currently existing practical alternative is nuclear. A large portion of our population will never accept this, irrationally, IMO - Japan has a vigorous nuclear program with an excellent safety record, for example. Ironically, environmentalists lead the opposition to nuclear power.

Other alternatives to oil suffer from the significant disadvantage of having not yet been invented.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Can you say Flip-Flop, not even on principle either, caving to special interest!

I now live on the coast directly east of where they are talking about. I grew up on the water directly east of where they are planning. All be DAMN if they will drill in my grouper fishing ground! All be DAMN if those tankers will come through my Estuary and possibly spill oil in the beautiful Tampa Bay or the white sugary beaches!!!!!! All be damn if they try and run a pipeline which could crack during a hurricane or just crack because of faulty engineering. All be damn if they try and put on those rigs which could break loose during a storm and wash up on my BEACHES! I will fight this because Florida's natural beauty is TOO MUCH to risk!!!!!! Damn I AM PISSED!!!!
    We should be using hydrogen by now !

Sorry, guess your backyard was cheaper and easier.
    Can you say Flip-Flop, not even on principle either, caving to special interest!

I now live on the coast directly east of where they are talking about. I grew up on the water directly east of where they are planning. All be DAMN if they will drill in my grouper fishing ground! All be DAMN if those tankers will come through my Estuary and possibly spill oil in the beautiful Tampa Bay or the white sugary beaches!!!!!! All be damn if they try and run a pipeline which could crack during a hurricane or just crack because of faulty engineering. All be damn if they try and put on those rigs which could break loose during a storm and wash up on my BEACHES! I will fight this because Florida's natural beauty is TOO MUCH to risk!!!!!! Damn I AM PISSED!!!!

Whaaaa! You want some cheese with that wine? Yea... you want cheap gas, but you do not want to look at, smell it, or have it in your back yard! Pukes like you should be washed out to sea!
    This country needs an intervention and badly. I sit in morning traffic and look at all the idots sitting alone in their escalades when gas is $3 a gallon and I am just amazed.

It's sad really.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrthomasfritz
    Pukes like you should be washed out to sea!
    Watch your tone eh? We can be a bit more civil than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    We should be using hydrogen by now !
    Hydrogen is not a SOURCE of energy. It requires energy to produce Hydrogen. Hydrogen is a means of transporting energy.

Even known nuclear fuel will run out in a few hundred years. Then what? Anyone know of nearby planets to colonize?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    This country needs an intervention and badly. I sit in morning traffic and look at all the idots sitting alone in their escalades when gas is $3 a gallon and I am just amazed.

It's sad really.

What do you drive and how many people are in it while YOU'RE sitting in traffic?
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Whaaaa! You want some cheese with that wine? Yea... you want cheap gas, but you do not want to look at, smell it, or have it in your back yard! Pukes like you should be washed out to sea!
    Ya fritz theres no need to be rude.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    If you're gonna rip NRG at least rip things he actually wrote. He never said he wanted cheap gas - the opposite actually. The washing out to sea comment is inappropriate, IMO, especially given that he lives on the Gulf coast...
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Yawn.
    No they are planning on putting something in my backyard that will at some point wash up on MY shore.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'll tell you what Dutch. Let me put a refinery in your backyard, how do you feel about that?
    Hummm...I got a refinery in my back yard (well, not right in it about 40 miles away) got miles and miles of those nasty looking windmill things about 20 miles away, oh and I also got one of those Nuclear Plants within 30 miles....
    Also grew up in Kentucky with a coal mine within 2 blocks of my house...
    Let's see the city I live in has crappy public transat...buses only run certain hours, I work 7am til 6pm, can't ride either way, so I have to drive and just an FYI, I live in Minnesota, so ever try to bike on 2 inches of ice or 4 ft of snow...yeah so I drive, and I love having heat in the wintertime...be a bit*h here without it.
    And like the others said asking Dutch if he wants one in his backyard...LOL!!! Do you know how many THOUSANDS of people in Texas have one in the backyard????
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    You my friend need to read the whole thread before opening trap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    What do you drive and how many people are in it while YOU'RE sitting in traffic?
    3 days a week I bicycle to work (year round) and 2 days a week on the bus.

I don't expect people to bicycle, and I realize most people consider the bus ghetto which they often are, particularly in non-urban areas, BUT people could AT LEAST carpool one or two days a week! That would make a huge impact!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast