Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Got my tickets for the Ning's opener. Who else is going to the first game of the season, or tell me what you think this season behold.

Sorry NRG, I only watch the Stanley Cup finals (on TV). . . . and to think I grew up in Michigan and for many years in and/or near Detroit.

Go Wings!

Cheers, Perry.
    Ive been to a couple preseason games here in DC. I'll have to upload my Sabres avatar soon
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Sorry NRG, I only watch the Stanley Cup finals. . . . and to think I grew up in Michigan.
    May I inquire your reasoning behind it? The most common reason for someone watching just the finals is due to them not having a team they pull for. Is this the case?
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Ive been to a couple preseason games here in DC. I'll have to upload my Sabres avatar soon
    I will look forward to that. I always liked the Sabres and that wall of a goalie you guys had, Dom.
    I used to have season tickets to the Sabres, but after several seasons of watching them just figure skate instead of playing hockey, I decided not to buy season tickets again. I would go to a game once in awhile.

Since the players went on strike, saying they don't make enough to support their families and all of their other BS, I refuse to go to anymore games.
    Hockey is back? Where did it go? Just kidding. I'm hoping to hit a few lowley Caps games in DC. I'm not a huge hockey fan but I love going to the games - lots of action off the puck that TV doesn't capture.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    May I inquire your reasoning behind it? The most common reason for someone watching just the finals is due to them not having a team they pull for. Is this the case?
    I guess football and then basketball take my interest during hockey season. Of course, don't the hockey and basketball season's end around the same time, say around Indepenence Day?

Cheers, Perry
    I'm looking forward to seeing the Blueshirts embarass themselves again and to seeing Saths run from the media.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I guess football and then basketball take my interest during hockey season. Of course, don't the hockey and basketball season's end around the same time, say around Indepenence Day?

Cheers, Perry
    See my deal is I don't care for BasketBall one bit, and I don't even watch the finals. I bet if I got you to come to a couple games you would be hooked. That is the way it was for me. Growing up in FL I had never really paid attention to hockey. Then I went to the Ning's very first game ever, and from that point on....well you know the rest. Do me a favor and try and get to a few games if you can.
    WTF is hockey??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Would that I had a team to pull for. I play but don't have a pro team nearby to cheer on. I'm a UW Badgers hockey fan, though. Gotta try and get to a game this year!
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Would that I had a team to pull for. I play but don't have a pro team nearby to cheer on. I'm a UW Badgers hockey fan, though. Gotta try and get to a game this year!
    Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' Badgers.

Games are good to goto though.
    Playing beats watching, but I agree with you. A bad day at the rink beats a good day just about anywhere else.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    The pundits aren't saying, but this is the year of the Canucks! Almost the entire team survived the new deal / salary cap / Great NHL Shifteroo and they're ready to GEL!!!
    Sorry NRG, I only watch the Stanley Cup finals (on TV). . . .
    Same here, Seems like all but 2 teams get into the playoffs. So why waste time watching the regular season....
    Go STARS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tstright
    Same here, Seems like all but 2 teams get into the playoffs. So why waste time watching the regular season....

Take it from a Blueshirt fan who hasn't seen the playoffs in years despite the highest payroll, it's a little more than two.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by daguru
    Go STARS
    Dont even get me started.....
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    The pundits aren't saying, but this is the year of the Canucks! Almost the entire team survived the new deal / salary cap / Great NHL Shifteroo and they're ready to GEL!!!
    You are going to have to get past the Ning first to get to Lord Stanley! We kept most of our team besides Nikolai. The offense is still there, we are just going to have break in the new GT.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast