Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Go hear to read up on "Schumer's Plumbers"...
    http://www.investors.com/editorial/I...issue=20051003

The money graph: "Can you imagine the media firestorm if staffers for, say, Frist, had used Barack Obama's Social Security number to fraudulently obtain his credit report looking for stuff to derail his Senate campaign? Frist would have been before a media firing squad faster than you can say Bill Bennett."
    We will see what comes of this. If they did in fact invade his privacy then they should pay the price. The rest of it is speculation. This sounds alot like the old battle cry of the right "Media-Bias".
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    This, however, is not a typical conservative response.
    Because some are not typical conservatives, see I did go see Crash based on your recommendation.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    http://www.benningtonbanner.com/Stor...813819,0.html#

"Jim Barrett, chairman of the Vermont Republican Party, used Sanders' family payments to highlight what he said is Democratic "hypocrisy" for fiercely attacking DeLay. "It's the standard hypocrisy from the left," Barrett said. "When a Republican does it, it's inappropriate and front page news. But now it turns out, our own Bernie Sanders has been doing it for a long time."

He added: "If it's corruption when Tom DeLay does it, then it's corruption when Bernie Sanders does it."
    There is a little part you left out.

No laws prohibit candidates from paying family members for campaign work. But the appearance that lawmakers use their position to benefit people close to them concerns watchdog groups.
  4.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    There is a little part you left out.
    So why the big deal when Delay was doing it? Or did you miss that obvious point?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Because some are not typical conservatives, see I did go see Crash based on your recommendation.
    Thank you for your faith in my movie reviews. I do recommend Lord of War as Well.
  6.    #27  
    We will see what comes of this. If they did in fact invade his privacy then they should pay the price. The rest of it is speculation. This sounds alot like the old battle cry of the right "Media-Bias".
    Ah, yes. That unfounded charge:

On Thursday, Book World Editor Marie Arana, noting that she had been "a Young Republican at 15, a marching SDSer at 20, and roundly disgusted by the blue-team, red-team political dialogue by the time I turned 30," criticized an article on what was called a "stealth evangelism" festival by saying: "The elephant in the newsroom is our narrowness. Too often, we wear liberalism on our sleeve and are intolerant of other lifestyles and opinions. . . . We're not very subtle about it at this paper: If you work here, you must be one of us. You must be liberal, progressive, a Democrat. I've been in communal gatherings in The Post, watching election returns, and have been flabbergasted to see my colleagues cheer unabashedly for the Democrats."

Downie says he is concerned if some staffers are openly displaying political preferences but that Arana's comments were valuable and "made clear that we do have a diverse staff when it comes to ideological backgrounds."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...0201296_2.html
  7.    #28  
    You guys would be squealing.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1001136170

But since it is just information that shapes public opinion, they get a pass.
  8.    #29  
    Thank you for your faith in my movie reviews. I do recommend Lord of War as Well.
    How do you think BSG is going to play out next January? Will Galactica destroy Pegasus?
    My bet is it is some teenagers. Why would you bring this up? I can show the same things done to Liberals. This is nothing more than some teenagers that do not know any better. They should be caught and made to serve this guy for 6 months (i.e. paint his vinyl siding, mow his lawn, polish his metal flags, etc.).
    Paint Vinyl siding?? I think the point of vinyl siding is to avoid having to ever paint again.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    How do you think BSG is going to play out next January? Will Galactica destroy Pegasus?
    I cant wait to see that. How about this ridiculous short season. July 15 to Sept 23rd? Cmon people.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Paint Vinyl siding?? I think the point of vinyl siding is to avoid having to ever paint again.
    Whoops. . Maybe they should be forced to take some paint thinner or whatever is to take it off/get rid of it. Stickler!
    Well, the GF thinks the Pegasus is Cylon but I say that's too obvious.

I am however having trouble with the premise that there is no discernable difference or "test" between humans and cylons.
  13.    #34  
    Well, the GF thinks the Pegasus is Cylon but I say that's too obvious.

I am however having trouble with the premise that there is no discernable difference or "test" between humans and cylons.
    Agreed. For instance, Boomer #2 being raped in that cell? Or letting Adama choke her out? I thought they were possessed of super human strength or something.

Also, why hasn't Pegasus been affected by the computer virus? They've had contact with the Cylons...
    Agreed. For instance, Boomer #2 being raped in that cell? Or letting Adama choke her out? I thought they were possessed of super human strength or something.

Also, why hasn't Pegasus been affected by the computer virus? They've had contact with the Cylons...
    Yup! Exactly. I'm allowing for the lack of logical difference test for the sake of the storyline at the moiment but it is nagging.

That's what my GF said when she was saying they have to be cylons since they were not affected by the virus.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12