Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Im curious with the users of pda msg boards that I've been on. It seems questions that deal with professional questions/issues dont get as many replies as gadget/game/entertainment threads. Has anyone else noticed this?? It seems 2 me that most people on msg boards are more concerned with using their pda for movies, music, IM, web browsing etc.

I know 1 of the pda msg boards I go 2 that alot of the members are still in High School.

Im a realtor & I want 2 find out what other Realtors with Treo's use them for. Im a member @ a Realtor msg board but it seems most of the folks there aren't that tech savey or even own a pda & the pda msg boards Im a member of dont have many Realtors or business threads!!

Does anyone know a msg board that combines technology & professionalism into 1 or is this something I may need 2 start myself??

We'll see how many views compared 2 replies this thread gets....
    Last edited by clie2treo; 10/03/2005 at 01:07 AM.
    Treo 650/1Gb SD Card, Sony Clie UX50/U with EB40, Sony 1Gb Memory Stick/256Mb Pro & 256Mb SanDisk Pro, M505, Palm IIIC

Sony Vaio Notebook K15, Sony Cyber-Shot 5MP P-10
    Quote Originally Posted by clie2treo
    Im curious with the users of pda msg boards that I've been on. It seems questions that deal with professional questions/issues dont get as many replies as gadget/game/entertainment threads. Has anyone else noticed this?? It seems 2 me that most people on msg boards are more concerned with using their pda for movies, music, IM, web browsing etc.

I know 1 of the pda msg boards I go 2 that alot of the members are still in High School.

Im a realtor & I want 2 find out what other Realtors with Treo's use them for. Im a member @ a Realtor msg board but it seems most of the folks there aren't that tech savey or even own a pda & the pda msg boards Im a member of dont have many Realtors or business threads!!

Does anyone know a msg board that combines technology & professionalism into 1 or is this something I may need 2 start myself??

We'll see how many views compared 2 replies this thread gets....
    There are many professionals on this board. I would wager most are so. As far as views to replies...that something that is irrelevant IMHO. Many might read a post and have nothing to say for one reason or another.

BTW...I didn't know you could get a realtor's license in high school
    Just wanted to let you know that I viewed this thread, but have nothing to comment on.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    Just wanted to let you know that I viewed this thread, but have nothing to comment on.
    i thought i was very helpful to you in the other thread you started i gave u a complete solution, i thought. what else are you lookin for?
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Despite the fact that people here have tried to help you and you seem annoyed by that, I have an answer for your question above...
    I just read your other thread and it looked to me like folks were very helpful. Perhaps you would have more success starting your own message board. I'm sure a board only for realtors with treos will be very popular. Let us know how it goes. I might even start one for trumpet players with treos and have my wife start one for cops with treos.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    ...I might even start one for trumpet players with treos ...
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    I had you in mind
    Thx 4 the info folks........So far, I have Docs 2 Go, I already have been using the builtin contacts , calendar, & memo pad 4 storing info. I have Mega Calculator & Loan calculator for calculating mortgages.

The only issue I have now is accessing the MLS.
    -Clie2treo

call your board to see if they offer a moible solution for MLS my wife has this free through her board in Illinois. (MSLI) i think thats the name, anyway call your board and they will tell you whats available(suprakey,mls etc.)
    -Franko

Thx. I will 2morrow. BTW, I think it is MLSI/ Multi Listing Svc.
    -Clie2treo

The point here is that most of the real estate-specific functionality that you're seeking depends on your local real estate board, to a great extent. THEY have to do a deal with Pocket Real Estate, for instance. THEY have to do a deal with Supra for the eKey and iBoxes, for instance. If you're hoping to use your Treo to access the same sites for MLS and such that you would with your laptop - that won't be a very useful experience, ultimately. You need to use programs and accessing site that are handheld-specific. What companies like Pocket Real Estate (and others) do is contract with various area boards of realtors to 'mobilize' their MLS systems. Check with your board to see if that's been done.
    -nrosser

if we didnt help, why say thanks. i thought you had 1 problem left, and i gave you the solution. guess some people are never satisfied

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Franko...you did great. Dont take it personally Dude
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Franko...you did great. Dont take it personally Dude
    Thanks

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Well you did everything but "make the call" for him.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Realtors....geez
    ...trumpet players....

What about us trombonists?
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone-Ike
    ...trumpet players....

What about us trombonists?
    you of course would need your own forum....far away from the rest of us
    another case of treocentral long-time users being annoyed with non-regulars. maybe all of you should move to another msg board

plus I didn't see where he/she said they were in High School.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    another case of treocentral long-time users being annoyed with non-regulars. maybe all of you should move to another msg board
    I think I will....

I was just making a general opinion that I've noticed on a few msg boards. If any of u have admin rights u can close this thread & my account.

Its funny how many of u folks commented on a rant but wouldnt have typed a d@mn thing if I just asked a question.
    Treo 650/1Gb SD Card, Sony Clie UX50/U with EB40, Sony 1Gb Memory Stick/256Mb Pro & 256Mb SanDisk Pro, M505, Palm IIIC

19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle

plus I didn't see where he/she said they were in High School.
    I didnt......I stated that I noticed alot of people that make posts will comment on how they use their pda in High School.

I thought the reference to high school came in the introductory post:
    ...I know 1 of the pda msg boards I go 2 that alot of the members are still in High School.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast