Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    On CNN.com they had a picture and it sure looked like a Treo....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emair
    On CNN.com they had a picture and it sure looked like a Treo....
    Sure looks like it. I wonder why they waited 80 days to let her talk.?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Because her confidential source released her from nondisclosure.
    Yep, turned around trying to dig the speaker into her ear.

650 alright
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I think she is just fixing her hair. It can be a 600.
    I'd be all if I was locked up and couldn't use my Treo. That's assuming I had time to think about anything other then how to take a safe shower .
    looks like an iPaq to me.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Because her confidential source released her from nondisclosure.
    That's my point. Why did the source wait 80 days to leave her rotting in jail?
    That's my point. Why did the source wait 80 days to leave her rotting in jail?
    I think thats the implication. She refused to reveal unless her source told her she could. I think the source (i.e. Libby) knew that she was going to face criminal charges if the grand jury session ended without her testimony so he said "I release you from our confidentiality agreement" and evidently that was put in a writing.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I think thats the implication. She refused to reveal unless her source told her she could. I think the source (i.e. Libby) knew that she was going to face criminal charges if the grand jury session ended without her testimony so he said "I release you from our confidentiality agreement" and evidently that was put in a writing.
    Both of you are missig my point or I am not making it very clear. Why did Libby wait 80 days, when he could have just as easily said it 79-80 days. Why the WAIT? Is this clearer?
    Both of you are missig my point or I am not making it very clear. Why did Libby wait 80 days, when he could have just as easily said it 79-80 days. Why the WAIT? Is this clearer?
    I am thinking that he probably thought if he can get her to hang in there and wait, then the grand jury session would be over and she wouldnt have to testify. My opinion is that the special prosecutor told her that if she didnt testify, she would face criminal charges (i.e. jail) and she told Libby "Look I am not staying in jail for X amount of time over this" so he probably thought "Hmm...maybe I can spin this in my favor" and gave the oral and written release. (Just my guess.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

The truth is that Libby and Libby's laywer gave her verbal and written permission over 80 days ago, before she ever went to jail. The laywer even confirmed to her that Libby really meant it. Rumor is that she wanted to be known as the journalist who went to jail to defend the 1st Amendment, versus the story she wrote during the Gulf War. It was a story where she bought and believed a lie, wrote about it, no one else had believed the lie, and it was very embarrasing for her. Therefore, she went to jail even though she didn't have to because her source had already said it was OK to testify - just to save face and not be remembered for the Persian Gulf story. That's the media for you.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouzome
    The truth is that Libby and Libby's laywer gave her verbal and written permission over 80 days ago, before she ever went to jail. The laywer even confirmed to her that Libby really meant it. Rumor is that she wanted to be known as the journalist who went to jail to defend the 1st Amendment, versus the story she wrote during the Gulf War. It was a story where she bought and believed a lie, wrote about it, no one else had believed the lie, and it was very embarrasing for her. Therefore, she went to jail even though she didn't have to because her source had already said it was OK to testify - just to save face and not be remembered for the Persian Gulf story. That's the media for you.
    I hink it was delivered by the lawyer and it was a blanket policy. Therefore she did not buy it. Where are these rumors being talked about?

"Some people say"
    I believe it is more that the administration knows that Patrick Fitzgerald is about to
    make a number of indictments and that it would be worse if they didn't allow her
    to speak than look like hiding more.

The administration is so corrupt to begin with that this hardly will make a difference.
    Get ready for 3+ more years of trench warfare in this regard. Rather than go down
    with style, they will pull their entire party down. But that's exactly what Neoconian,
    nee Straussian, thinking is. It is arrogant. It doesn't believe the masses are entitled
    to information about how they are government and believes the elite plutocrat
    aristrocrats should govern.

So the pendulum will swing the other way first in 2006 then in 2008.

After all, any group that would kill 100,000+ people has blood all over its hands
    and should really be tried for war crimes, shouldn't it?

Power corrupts. Absolutely.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smcracraft
    The administration is so corrupt to begin with...
    you forgot to throw in the part that GWB imploded the twin towers.....

Libby gave permission a year ago. If this administration is sooooo corrupt, let's see the convictions, not the hot-air.

Can you give me some hard data and not talking points ?

Sorry everyone, couldn't let the talking points slide in uncontested.
    Well said Pabo, it was a year ago she was told she could testify, and told more than once because she supposedly didn't believe it.

NRG - I cannot agree with your thought that she did not buy their agreement to testify. She was told it was valid several times. It doesn't make since and she has other motives. I have read the 'rumors' on credible mainstream websites and also on political talk shows. You might try to educate yourself beforr giving your thoughts. Thumbs down to you.

And to the liberal wacko, you also forgot that Bush blew up the levees in New Orleans to kill all of the black people. Just like his friend Bill Bennett wants to do.

Give me a break. Democrats will not win in 2006 or 2008 because all they can do is complain. You need to have ideas of your own for people to vote for you. No ideas, no plan, just the same 30 year old talking points. Oh yeah, and Bush Lied - Kids Died. Go move to France.
    What does this have to do with a Treo? Mods, please move this.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein

Her Treo wasn 't working or may be she did n't have Jeff gibson 's volume care .
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouzome
    Well said Pabo, it was a year ago she was told she could testify, and told more than once because she supposedly didn't believe it.

NRG - I cannot agree with your thought that she did not buy their agreement to testify. She was told it was valid several times. It doesn't make since and she has other motives. I have read the 'rumors' on credible mainstream websites and also on political talk shows. You might try to educate yourself beforr giving your thoughts. Thumbs down to you.

And to the liberal wacko, you also forgot that Bush blew up the levees in New Orleans to kill all of the black people. Just like his friend Bill Bennett wants to do.

Give me a break. Democrats will not win in 2006 or 2008 because all they can do is complain. You need to have ideas of your own for people to vote for you. No ideas, no plan, just the same 30 year old talking points. Oh yeah, and Bush Lied - Kids Died. Go move to France.
    Boy you are grumpy. I should go educate myself before giving my thoughts? What kinda sh** is that? Political talk shows? Mainstream websites? You still have not named where you heard these "rumors".

It went down like this.

• Miller is supeaned to testify before a grand jury
    • Miller refuses since she said she would keep her source secret
    • White house issues blanket release for all employees
    • Sources Lawyer submits a release to Miller, Source does not do it in person
    • Miller believes it is a statement made under duress therefore invaild in her eyes. The Time reporter did the same thing. Although he recieved a phone call from Rove himself just before he was going to goto jail.
    • Miller goes to jail to wait for a personal release from source.
    • 80 days later she is released because.....................................she got a personal message from Libby!

These are the facts not "rumors". Hey how bout citing some of your sources so we all can get a look at these rumors. You may turn out to be right, but as it stands right now these are the facts we have to go on. We have a little rule here in the O/T, cite sources when making a statement such as yours

Your attitude towards me is uncalled for and frankly I find it childish.
    Last edited by NRG; 10/01/2005 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Whoops, I thought his liberal wacko comment was directed at me., but it wasn't.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Her Treo wasn 't working or may be she did n't have Jeff gibson 's volume care .
    TeeHee
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast