1.    #1  
    In October 2001 I listened to Tony Blair address the Labour Party in Brighton. I thought leadership. I thought statesmanship. I thought Churchill. The calendar turns.

Tonight I saw Blair's (Tuesday) address to the 2005 Labour Conference in Brighton. I thought Roosevelt, Truman, Reagan, and Churchill. I thought courage, leadership, statesmanship. I thought God, where are our leaders?

So far, I am unable to find the video. The closest that I can come is:

http://www.labour.org.uk/home

I am sure that it will show up there soon.
    Wh

The brits have to debate everyday of there life in house of commons. In order to debate you have to know your stuff really well .If you watch there parliament session , You will know why they are so good.
    Unlike the senate session here which is very formal and mild ,papers mostly prepared by the staff.
    I watched George gallaway's senate hearing on TV, he basically rippped norman coleman and other senators.
    The people you mentioned above are truly great leaders, however this generation does not have anyone of there caliber
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Wh

The brits have to debate everyday of there life in house of commons. In order to debate you have to know your stuff really well .If you watch there parliament session , You will know why they are so good.
    Unlike the senate session here which is very formal and mild ,papers mostly prepared by the staff.
    I watched George gallaway's senate hearing on TV, he basically rippped norman coleman and other senators.
    The people you mentioned above are truly great leaders, however this generation does not have anyone of there caliber
    Yikes!! I agree to the fullesat extent one can agree!!! Nail......Meet.....Head. Although there is one disagreement from me. Staffers may not prepare everything, there is a lot of heart that goes into it. But, none the less I feel that there is no one on this side of the pond that can compare.