Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Their are some members that need to be reminded of they're usage of these three homonyms because there always using them incorrectly...

They're = THEY ARE going to play ball.
    Their = It is THEIR ball.
    There = The ball ended up over THERE.

If all of their communication is verbal, then no one knows the difference, however in written communications improper usage is highly visible...

Are you a teacher? Or shouldn't I go their?

(For the record, I'm with you.)
    !
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Don't forget to, too, and two.

I've lost count of how many times I've seen these words all screwed up. Not so much with two. Most people seem to know when they're talking about numbers, but the other two words seem to be a major source of confusion for some people.

to meaning toward (direction): She went to the store.
    too meaning also or in addition to: I like apples and oranges, too.
    two meaning twice, more than one and less than three: There are two ways to do most things.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    Their are some members that need to be reminded of they're usage of these three homonyms because there always using them incorrect
    How's that go again?

HEHEHE

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    Their are some members that need to be reminded of they're usage of these three homonyms because there always using them incorrectly...

They're = THEY ARE going to play ball.
    Their = It is THEIR ball.
    There = The ball ended up over THERE.

If all of their communication is verbal, then no one knows the difference, however in written communications improper usage is highly visible...

I fear that the English language will continue to be "simplified" over the decades. Who/whom have apparently been given up on by society so they're/there/their will likely be next.

Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    Don't forget to, too, and two.

I've lost count of how many times I've seen these words all screwed up. Not so much with two. Most people seem to know when they're talking about numbers, but the other two words seem to be a major source of confusion for some people.

to meaning toward (direction): She went to the store.
    too meaning also or in addition to: I like apples and oranges, too.
    two meaning twice, more than one and less than three: There are two ways to do most things.
    And tutu, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    And tutu, too.

Too funny!!
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Its poor grammar that effects people the wrong way, and strikes a cord with me. Irregardless, I can insure you that my grammar is alright, and probably exceptionable.

By the way, no one feeling nauseous should drive, as they might cause a wreak.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Supposebly their's a spell checker hear. If not their should be, and a grammar one to!
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Can we also add it's and its? The apostrophe marks a contraction of "it is." Something that belongs to it is "its."
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Its poor grammar that effects people the wrong way, and strikes a cord with me. Irregardless, I can insure you that my grammar is alright, and probably exceptionable.

By the way, no one feeling nauseous should drive, as they might cause a wreak.
    Of course you're being funny.

"Its"
    "effects"
    "Irregardless"
    "insure"
    "exceptionable" (Is that a word at all?)
    "wreak"

--Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Ha! What a bunch of loosers!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Supposebly their's a spell checker hear. If not their should be, and a grammar one to!
    I'd advice you to get some advise before you write again.
    O how I due love these sinsless rants. Sense we are so in toon with proper grammer and speeling, Eye cant beleive how badly sum people right.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Shhhh! Wood you all just be quite now?

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Shhhh! Wood you all just be quite now?
    O know. This is weigh two much fun!
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Insertion - is your avatar's avatar an orangutan? It's difficult to tell with all the hats and burning and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    O know. This is weigh two much fun!
    Keep it up you too and you will be send to see the principle.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast