Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84
  1. #61  
    OT posts are no longer +1. Why? George Bush!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2. #62  
    George Bush probably has a WM Treo too!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    ATM -- everything -- EVERYTHING that junior did before Rita that was different and additional to what he and his cronies did during Katrina was CONFESSION of their CRIMINAL malfeasance.
    BWAHAHAHAHA
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    George Bush probably has a WM Treo too!
    Can "W' use his WM Treo to find "WMD" ?
  5. #65  
    WMD = Windows Mobile....Dubya?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. #66  
    Only his has an odd red button.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    The Dodgers would have won the West year, if not for that damn George Bush!

    though most of you're theories about junior are probably true, its just unfair to hold him responsible for the Dodgers -- he's had nothing to do with baseball in years !!

    (I may be angry, but I'm fair )
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    WMD = Windows Mobile....Dubya?

    700w = WMD =windows mobile device.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Cardio -- please correct my memory but I think I recall you, 1911sforever, vw2002 explaining why junior's people were so slow to provide aid was because of the NO violence and the "shooting" at Nat. Guard helicopters.

    It was why thousands and thousands of armed police and troops needed to be deployed before aid could be delivered.

    I fear that the talking point agenda has now changed -- and that now the emphasis is on saying that things weren't so bad, that the press exaggerated stuff.

    Ironically I have seen enough first person description of horrible stuff happening to people directly that I now believe that some monstrous stuff did occur -- at the convention center and in flooded New Orleans.

    All of it could have been easily prevented by reasonable deployment of FEMA resources and troops as soon as the winds died down.

    Does everyone know that Brownie is still employed as a FEMA consultant ??
    I just skimmed all my posts on the Katrina thread. I asked in #701 I asked a rhetorical question on why Red Cross workers were being held up. Maybe I missed one.

    For the record, if they were held up due to the possibilty of coming under fire, I totally agree with the decision.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Ouch... lol
    Don't believe I ever said that. (But I wish I had.)

    Here's a link to your comment on one of my posts.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=415
    Thanks for the "Well said, dude" comment
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    I just skimmed all my posts on the Katrina thread. I asked in #701 I asked a rhetorical question on why Red Cross workers were being held up. Maybe I missed one.

    For the record, if they were held up due to the possibilty of coming under fire, I totally agree with the decision.

    I meant what I said as a general recollection of the sentiments of those discussions. I also recalled things said in the "why I pack" thread.

    But both are big long discussions -- and I wasn't looking for anyone's gotcha quote.

    if I misattributed to you those sentiments, you're owed an apology by me.

    Several times during the Katrina catastrophe I voiced skepticism about the reported widespread violence, the shooting at helicopters.

    I was alone then in my skepticism.

    What actually happened was horrific -- and could and should have been prevented.

    I don't blame the media for the misreporting -- I blame FEMA and the Nat. Guard for not performing their job.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  12. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    I meant what I said as a general recollection of the sentiments of those discussions. I also recalled things said in the "why I pack" thread.

    But both are big long discussions -- and I wasn't looking for anyone's gotcha quote.

    if I misattributed to you those sentiments, you're owed an apology by me.

    Several times during the Katrina catastrophe I voiced skepticism about the reported widespread violence, the shooting at helicopters.

    I was alone then in my skepticism.

    What actually happened was horrific -- and could and should have been prevented.

    I don't blame the media for the misreporting -- I blame FEMA and the Nat. Guard for not performing their job.
    I also scanned my posts, I think what you are referring to is the fact that individual rescue efforts were hampered by reported snipers, armed gangs and violence that just was not there. I did post articles that dealt with these issues and I voiced my disgust at the individuals who the media stated were involved. Several individuals voiced their opinon that there were exaggerations (mainly toward political agendas such as Jesse Jackson saying individuals had resorted to cannabalism) in the media. I did imply that these reports slowed resuce response and used that as an argument as to why individuals in boats were not allowed into certain areas. If you were on a rescue team in this situation and you were told that there were snipers in that area shooting at rescuers would you continue into that area?

    I do blame the media for the reporting tactics they resorted to. If they had not continued the hyperbole maybe a few more boats would have been allowed in earlier and a few more people rescued. At the least I am sure some of the suffering could have been reduced for those stuck on rooftops.

    And I applaud every individual in the National Guard that was involved in this effort.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Does anyone know of a confirmed timeline of when what happened with this? I think that would go a long ways in seeing what level of gov failed in what areas and when.
    I agree totally!

    I'm sure this will come out very soon. One of the Congressman was asking about this same question yesterday.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  14. #74  
    I think what this whole situation really shows is that 'We have very weak leaders at all levels of gov't!' We have leaders that have mastered the art of talk/spin/finger pointing, but not the art of action!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  15. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    I agree totally!

    I'm sure this will come out very soon. One of the Congressman was asking about this same question yesterday.
    There are quite a few out there.

    Wikipedia's Timeline

    Thinkprogress' Timeline(Left-Leaning?)

    Right Wing Nut House's Timeline(Right-Leaning?)

    Enjoy
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    And I applaud every individual in the National Guard that was involved in this effort.
    How about the Coast Guard?
  17. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    How about the Coast Guard?
    Of course. I was replying to a post that placed the blame on the National Guard for not doing their job. Every individual that took part in the rescue effort deserves a big .
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Don't believe I ever said that. (But I wish I had.)

    Here's a link to your comment on one of my posts.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=415
    Thanks for the "Well said, dude" comment
    and? Dont defend yourself against me, all I said was ouch.... I still agree with most of the post linked above.


  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    (I may be angry, but I'm fair )
    That has to be the best line of year!!!! You.... ..... fair with President Bush???????

    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Man [Barye] you have an unbridaled pure, deep to the core, all consuming, wearing not only on your sleeve but also on your chest and forhead hatred towards ANYTHING that has to do with Bush. To the point of only seeing the negative stories and never able to even recognize a single good that has to do with Bush. [/B]
    This will likely be the most accurate statement I will read within this thread !!


  20. #80  
    Originally Posted by BARYE
    Quote: Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Man [Barye] you have an unbridaled pure, deep to the core, all consuming, wearing not only on your sleeve but also on your chest and forhead hatred towards ANYTHING that has to do with Bush. To the point of only seeing the negative stories and never able to even recognize a single good that has to do with Bush. [/B]

    This will likely be the most accurate statement I will read within this thread !!

    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    That has to be the best line of year!!!! You.... ..... fair with President Bush???????

    its all relative Hobbes !

    In comparison to Insertion who was flagrantly blaming junior for things that he could have had nothing to do with -- like the Dodgers not winning -- I was being fair.

    As I said, junior has had nothing to do with baseball since he extorted the poor people of Arlington Texas into giving him corporate welfare to finance his new baseball stadium (thereby making him a wealthy man.)

    (in honor of the 100th anniversary of E=MC 2)


    (btw: I hope your line is quoted on my grave marker)
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/29/2005 at 01:05 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions