1.    #1  
    This past week, I had an opportunity to meet with an old friend from High School. We hadn't seen each other since we were seventeen and it was an interesting visit which felt a bit like a time warp. It got me thinking...

If you had the chance to speak with yourself at sixteen (knowing what you know now), what would you say? Would you even listen to yourself let alone do anything your "old" self said? (My wife told me that she wouldn't even give herself the time of day...)

Even more, if you had the chance to listen to your 83 year old self talk to you now, what do you think you'd hear? Would you listen and obey?

For me, on both occasions, I know that I would sit and listen. I would probably obey as well although I'm sure I wouldn't give me anything to do.

35 to 16: Dude, relax! You're going to get everything that you've ever wanted eventually. Your life will be more exciting than I can tell you but I won't tell you what will happen. Chicks: Don't sweat it. There will be plenty enough and you'll end up with the one you want.

83 to 35: Dude, relax! This is not hard. You'll experience hard later but this is just practice. Until then, enjoy your wife and girls while they still all live with you. You'll miss that. You are more fortunate than you realize. Start appreciating what you've got while you've got it.
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    Me to 16yo Me: Me, you know on your 16th birthday, when you drank that bottle of Yukon and jumped off your balcony? Well, your feet will still ache...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Almost forgot (thanks to Insertion for jogging my memory):

35 to 16: You know that Ranger School that your Dad went through. You'll go, too, and BOY, will it suck! hahahahahaha! Glad I'm not you anymore!
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    Interesting. The current-to-16 is easy, but the 83-to-35 makes you think.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    35 to 16 pay attention to your studies dip****,

83 to 35 pay attention dip****.
    I don't think I would have listened when I was 16, I would definitely listen now.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Me to 16 (19) yr old me: "Stop and think before you act." 83 yr old me to me: Hopefully, "Aren't you glad you made time for all that fun?"
    Now to 16: You know, things may come easy to you now, but there will come a time when they will get a lot harder. Taking the short cut may get you to the destination faster, but it's what you learn on the journey that makes the difference.

83 to now: I don't want to have any regrets. So please, whatever you do, follow your dreams. And teach your children to follow theirs...NOT YOURS!!
    83 year old me to current me: "You think your feet ache now?!?!"
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Now To 16: This is a hard one. I look back and I can see events that just took a second to occur but have changed the whole direction of my life. Some of the events have been good decision and some have been bad choices. But no matter what, if my life would not have taken those turns, I would not have met my wife and have my children that I have and love so much. I know that if I warn him...er me...of mistakes to come that I would be choosing to live a different life, and who is to say if it would be better or worse. I am very happy now with my life, so I would choose to say nothing more than general wisdom that I have always lived my life by....be faithful to your what you believe....be kind and think of others....always be honest in your dealings with others....and don't shy away from responsibility while not forgetting to have fun.
    this will probably not come as a surprise to most of you -- but if I played that communication game it would be from the perspective of my current 9 yr. old self. I have always been 9 yrs. old -- I will be nine when I die...

Everything I am as an "adult" is a pose, a fraud. No matter how ancient my body becomes, I inside remain unchanged, unevolved.

(isn't anonymous confession therapeutic ??)
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/26/2005 at 10:47 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)