Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am trying to setup a website for one of my businesses and all be a monkey's uncle if I can not figure out how to link a page/movie (in flash) to a button/hyperlink.

    The deal is I made a duplicate of a page that I would like to switch the text in. For example the original page stated:

    NRG is the king of procrastination
    and I simply want to change the text to read:

    NRG went way and above the call of duty to get this done
    I will keep the original quote on one page and I just want to add a duplicate to read the second quote.

    I am I clear on this? If you need more info please tell me so.
  2. #2  
    NRG,

    Could you post your code from the original page? I think I can show you how to change the right thing.
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    NRG,

    Could you post your code from the original page? I think I can show you how to change the right thing.
    Hang on. Thanks for the help.
  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #4  
    Not to sure where to find the code. All I am trying to do is add a link to a page that I duplicated. The page I duplicated does all the actions I am looking for , I just can't get it to link to a button to bring it up.
  5. #5  
    Do you have a separate page with nothing but your flash on it?

    i.e. http://www.myisp.com/OriginalFlash.htm

    If so, do a right click on that page (off of the flash part) and select View Source. Post that here.

    If not, what is the URL for the page with Flash on it?
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    Do you have a separate page with nothing but your flash on it?

    i.e. http://www.myisp.com/OriginalFlash.htm

    If so, do a right click on that page (off of the flash part) and select View Source. Post that here.

    If not, what is the URL for the page with Flash on it?
    That is the issue. It is a 100% flash webiste that is not being hosted at this moment. I.E. it is in flash (.fla) format.
  7. #7  
    I see.

    You'll need to create an HTML page with text like the following:

    Code:
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
      codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=4,0,2,0"
      id="MenuMovie" width="400" height="300">
      <param name="movie" value="MenuMovie.swf" />
      <param name="quality" value="high" />
      <param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" />
      <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
      <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
        <!--
        if (navigator.mimeTypes && navigator.mimeTypes["application/x-shockwave-flash"]) {
          document.writeln('  <embed name="MenuMovie" src="MenuMovie.swf"');
          document.writeln('   quality="high" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain"');
          document.writeln('   width="400" height="300"');
          document.writeln('   type="application/x-shockwave-flash"');
          document.writeln('   pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>');
        } else {
          document.writeln('No flash player plugin installed');
        }
        //-->
      </script>
      <noscript>
        No javascript support
      </noscript>
    </object>
    Now, I'm no expert (not being modest, I've only done these through SwishMax), but I believe you could get away with adding these lines of code within your HTML body and modifying the following:
    MenuMovie
    MenuMovie.swf
    width="400" height="300"

    Give 'er a whirl and see what happens!
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
  8. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    I see.

    You'll need to create an HTML page with text like the following:

    Code:
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
      codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=4,0,2,0"
      id="MenuMovie" width="400" height="300">
      <param name="movie" value="MenuMovie.swf" />
      <param name="quality" value="high" />
      <param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" />
      <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
      <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
        <!--
        if (navigator.mimeTypes && navigator.mimeTypes["application/x-shockwave-flash"]) {
          document.writeln('  <embed name="MenuMovie" src="MenuMovie.swf"');
          document.writeln('   quality="high" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain"');
          document.writeln('   width="400" height="300"');
          document.writeln('   type="application/x-shockwave-flash"');
          document.writeln('   pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>');
        } else {
          document.writeln('No flash player plugin installed');
        }
        //-->
      </script>
      <noscript>
        No javascript support
      </noscript>
    </object>
    Now, I'm no expert (not being modest, I've only done these through SwishMax), but I believe you could get away with adding these lines of code within your HTML body and modifying the following:
    MenuMovie
    MenuMovie.swf
    width="400" height="300"

    Give 'er a whirl and see what happens!
    I am terrible at websites. Where would I place this in the html document? head, body, etc?
  9. #9  
    HTML
    Head
    /Head
    Body

    Stuff I sent you

    /Body
    /HTML
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    HTML
    Head
    /Head
    Body

    Stuff I sent you

    /Body
    /HTML
    Is is not working for me. I am trying to do this in flash, not HTML.

    Here is some source code i think.

    <body style="padding:0; margin:0; background:#ffffff ">
    <table width="768" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
    <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><object style="display:block" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="766" height="650">
    <param name="_cx" value="20267">
    <param name="_cy" value="17198">
    <param name="FlashVars" value>
    <param name="Movie" value="89083.swf">
    <param name="Src" value="89083.swf">
    <param name="WMode" value="Window">
    <param name="Play" value="0">
    <param name="Loop" value="-1">
    <param name="Quality" value="High">
    <param name="SAlign" value>
    <param name="Menu" value="0">
    <param name="Base" value>
    <param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="always">
    <param name="Scale" value="ShowAll">
    <param name="DeviceFont" value="0">
    <param name="EmbedMovie" value="0">
    <param name="BGColor" value>
    <param name="SWRemote" value>
    <param name="MovieData" value>
    <param name="SeamlessTabbing" value="1"><embed src="8908.swf" quality="high" menu="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="766" height="650">
    </object></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    My issue does not seem to be with HTML. It has more to do with assigning a function to a button. Such as bring up "page x" which is a flash movie clip .when this button is clicked.
  11. #11  
    I understand what you're trying to do as I've done this as well.

    Page X must be written in HTML as that is the web language. The .htm page will be the "canvas" which carries your flash clip.

    First, let's make a link. On your home page (or wherever you'd like to have your link), use this code in your HTML:

    Code:
    <a href="http://myisp.com/PageX.htm">Click here to see my cool flash clip</a>
    Next, let's make Page X:

    HTML
    Head
    /Head
    Body

    Stuff I sent you (or some of the code you included between the object tags)

    /body
    /html

    The code I sent you (with the modifications I noted for you) is used to trigger your Flash clip on Page X. Flash can't just sit by itself, you'll need the HTML "canvas".

    Again, here are the three things that you would have to modify from my code to paste it directly into your HTML code:
    MenuMovie (you could change the name to NRGMovieClip)
    MenuMovie.swf (what is the name of your Flash file?)
    width="400" height="300" (this is the size of the rectangle in pixels, try different ones)

    Getting more clear?
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
  12. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    I understand what you're trying to do as I've done this as well.

    Page X must be written in HTML as that is the web language. The .htm page will be the "canvas" which carries your flash clip.

    First, let's make a link. On your home page (or wherever you'd like to have your link), use this code in your HTML:

    Code:
    <a href="http://myisp.com/PageX.htm">Click here to see my cool flash clip</a>
    Next, let's make Page X:

    HTML
    Head
    /Head
    Body

    Stuff I sent you (or some of the code you included between the object tags)

    /body
    /html

    The code I sent you (with the modifications I noted for you) is used to trigger your Flash clip on Page X. Flash can't just sit by itself, you'll need the HTML "canvas".

    Again, here are the three things that you would have to modify from my code to paste it directly into your HTML code:
    MenuMovie (you could change the name to NRGMovieClip)
    MenuMovie.swf (what is the name of your Flash file?)
    width="400" height="300" (this is the size of the rectangle in pixels, try different ones)

    Getting more clear?
    Yes it is very clear. But the issue is I do not want to pull up a whole seperate page. I would like to do it in flash. PM me your address and I will send you a copy of it. Cool? My main site does not pull up seperate pages and I would like to keep that function.
  13. AirData's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #13  
    When you publish your Flash movie check the box for ".html" that will make the page you need. You will need to upload this .html file and your .swf file.
  14. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by AirData
    When you publish your Flash movie check the box for ".html" that will make the page you need. You will need to upload this .html file and your .swf file.
    right. I want the page call to take place in the .swf file.

Posting Permissions