1.    #1  
    does anyone know how to delete the most recent list to: in "messaging"?
    You mean the "Quicklist"?

If you have FileZ:
    Look up SMS Quicklist
    Highlight it.
    From the Menu, select Edit
    It will bring up a "Record List" starting with 0.This list will correspond with your Quicklist, with 0 being the first entry on your list...
    Delete all, or pick the ones to remove (if you highlight the entry and select view, you'll be able to make out the phone no. and name for the entry)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    when I go to compose a new text message and I select the down arrow to look at the last few people I sent messages to....I want to clear that list
    Follow my instructions above. There is no easy "Delete Last Entry?" type option. You have to manually edit the quicklist file.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    thanks...I'll give it a go
  6.    #6  
    Well thanks for the tip...It worked Great!!
    Is is Voodoo if somebody writes several posts and still has a post count of zero?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Is is Voodoo if somebody writes several posts and still has a post count of zero?
    No. Posts in the OT section no longer count.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=94964

Strange rule about posting. This is a forum site not some important research center. Who cares if posts are counted? Do we win something if we get to 10,000 posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Strange rule about posting. This is a forum site not some important research center. Who cares if posts are counted? Do we win something if we get to 10,000 posts?
    That's my opinion. They should do away with post counts all together. I used to be on a board a few years back, that since has folded up. But they didn't do any "rankings." Pretty cool, no ego's or anything like that.

Oddly enough, probably the only people that really give a rip about post counts are the ones who wanted "Other" forums to not count. I guess the sight of Claire having more posts than them was too overwhelming. Is it really that bad?? Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That's my opinion. They should do away with post counts all together. I used to be on a board a few years back, that since has folded up. But they didn't do any "rankings." Pretty cool, no ego's or anything like that.

Oddly enough, probably the only people that really give a rip about post counts are the ones who wanted "Other" forums to not count. I guess the sight of Claire having more posts than them was too overwhelming. Is it really that bad?? Wow...

My post was confusing. Here is what I mean - posts should count. For instance, I find it facsinating that you average 31 posts a day. Makes me think that you are holed up in your mom's basement with no job OR you are really rich and you simply are posting from your penthouse suite in Beverly Hills.

I don't want to post very often in the hardware area - I go there to get an answer and I leave. Every question about the 650 has been answered - only duplicate threads are being made. It was fun to see yours and Claire's post count go astronomical. I suspect the O/T area will fizzle out a bit as a result of this.
    My post was confusing. Here is what I mean - posts should count. For instance, I find it facsinating that you average 31 posts a day. Makes me think that you are holed up in your mom's basement with no job OR you are really rich and you simply are posting from your penthouse suite in Beverly Hills.
    I'm somewhere in between of mom's and the Penthouse...

Actually, my house is bigger than my moms house, come to think of it. Ha! Take that, old woman!! w00t!!!

I don't want to post very often in the hardware area - I go there to get an answer and I leave. Every question about the 650 has been answered - only duplicate threads are being made. It was fun to see yours and Claire's post count go astronomical. I suspect the O/T area will fizzle out a bit as a result of this.
    You're right. How many times can you answer "What are your must have apps?" questions. Anyways, my participation in OT is fizzling, but this is mainly due to the drooling zombies who view everything that goes on in life through Blue State colored glasses. The Katrina thread is perfect a example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm somewhere in between of mom's and the Penthouse...

Actually, my house is bigger than my moms house, come to think of it. Ha! Take that, old woman!! w00t!!!

You're right. How many times can you answer "What are your must have apps?" questions. Anyways, my participation in OT is fizzling, but this is mainly due to the drooling zombies who view everything that goes on in life through Blue State colored glasses. The Katrina thread is perfect a example of that.
    Yes, I may leave on a bang and throw out several expletives and point out all of the idiots on this forum before my post is deleted and I'm banned.
    I agree, I think OT will suffer because of the new rules. I think we've lost sight of what this forum is, and too many people are taking what goes on in OT WAY too seriously. It's called "Off Topic" for a reason, or at least I thought it was.

Insertion, you hit it right on the head. How many more "What is this snowflake?" or "What is the best launcher?" or "I want the Linux Treo 9000 now...who's with me???" threads do we need? If I spend more time over there and less time in OT to boost my post count, I'll be flaming noobs and people who can't search left and right.

And that won't be good for TC.

We should have a contest to see who can have the most posts without actually getting an "official" post though. FatboyVooDoo is already up to 4.
    I'm back!