Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    My brother-in-law is in Hattiesburg for his company right now, and I had to give him the play-by-play for the entire second half on MSN Messenger.
    Public service and a paper trail.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Pound your chest like the rest, fall like the rest.

Watching you guys (UF) against Wyo. you let up 14 points? FSU kept Miami's O to just 7 points. UF may have had a good year against FSU last year but if you keep playin' like you did against Wyo. you won't have a chance against FSU, Miami, or any other top ACC team for that matter.
    Yeah, I wouldn't beat my chest over a 32-14 win over Wyoming.

It will get far harder against Tennessee.

At least I know that Weatherford won't see a better defense, except in practice, than the one he saw last night.
    I'm back!
    Public service and a paper trail.
    We do what we can....

Plus, he's a huge UM fan, so it was nice to type out "MUFFED SNAP!!!" and "NO FG!!!" right after Monroe dropped the ball.
    I'm back!
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    \
    At least I know that Weatherford won't see a better defense, except in practice, than the one he saw last night.
    That is about the best excuse I could come up with on why our O looked so bad (except the running backs).
    That is about the best excuse I could come up with on why our O looked so bad (except the running backs).
    Don't kid yourself, they aren't good, but I'm not sure they're quite as bad as they looked last night.

The QB and OL definitely need some work, and the receivers have to start running routes to help a rookie QB.

The corners need to grow and cover better.

Booker and Washington are Booker and Washington, but if Weatherford and/or Lee doesn't learn how to complete a pass soon, they will be seeing a lot of 8 and 9 man fronts.
    I'm back!

Watching you guys (UF) against Wyo. you let up 14 points? FSU kept Miami's O to just 7 points. UF may have had a good year against FSU last year but if you keep playin' like you did against Wyo. you won't have a chance against FSU, Miami, or any other top ACC team for that matter.
    We can put up 20+ points.. But I don't know if your teams can count that high...

Plus it was 17-0 before Wyoming scored..
    Just saw this thread, I'll repost

The ineptness of our QB play made their loss even greater. Reminds me of the majority of our losses over the last 20 years. And yes it was very, very LOUD.

This game was payback for the following losses for me - I unfortunately was at each of these.
    1987 Loss 26-25
    1991 Loss 17-16
    1992 Loss 19-16
    2000 Loss 27-24
    2002 Loss 28-27
    2003 Loss 16-14 (Orange Bowl Game)

So to win a game cheap - I'll take it. You also can't forget that Defense is just as important as your offense and our Defense is SSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    We can put up 20+ points.. But I don't know if your teams can count that high...
    Wow.

20+ against Wyoming.

Surely it's the return of the Fun 'N Gun at Ol' Redneck Stadium.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Just saw this thread, I'll repost

The ineptness of our QB play made their loss even greater. Reminds me of the majority of our losses over the last 20 years. And yes it was very, very LOUD.

This game was payback for the following losses for me - I unfortunately was at each of these.
    1987 Loss 26-25
    1991 Loss 17-16
    1992 Loss 19-16
    2000 Loss 27-24
    2002 Loss 28-27
    2003 Loss 16-14 (Orange Bowl Game)

So to win a game cheap - I'll take it. You also can't forget that Defense is just as important as your offense and our Defense is SSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
    I was at the '87 and '91 games, both were very painful, but let's be honest, the '91 game was the most painful game for me ever. The 2000 game is a close second.
    I'm back!
    I was at the '87 and '91 games, both were very painful, but let's be honest, the '91 game was the most painful game for me ever. The 2000 game is a close second.
    You hit it on the head. The 91 game I was in the opposite end zone and to this day I swear that field goal of ours was good. We were jumping up and down only to notice so were the Cane fans.

The 2000 game was crazy - we looked like world beaters and it fell apart late.
    Wow.

20+ against Wyoming.

Surely it's the return of the Fun 'N Gun at Ol' Redneck Stadium.
    Yeah it was 30+ points and we'll see when we put those same #'s against you guys... State Champions!!! I'm not a redneck by the way..
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I'm not a redneck by the way..
    You are if you are a gator fan.
    You are if you are a gator fan.
    I guess I can assume that you are a criminal since your a Florida St fan...
    Yeah it was 30+ points and we'll see when we put those same #'s against you guys... State Champions!!! I'm not a redneck by the way..
    The "20+" was quoting you. I know the score was 32-14. Still not impressed.

If you think you can put up 32 against Wyoming and 32 against an FSU defense that nearly killed Wright last night, you're crazy.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    You hit it on the head. The 91 game I was in the opposite end zone and to this day I swear that field goal of ours was good. We were jumping up and down only to notice so were the Cane fans.

The 2000 game was crazy - we looked like world beaters and it fell apart late.
    I was in on the sideline/endzone where the FG attempt was, so my view offered no perception of whether it was good or not, only if it would be long enough. And of course our entire section erupted, because all of us thought it was good. I was crushed when I looked down and saw that damn Ibis running onto the field.

They had no business losing the 2000 game after Weinke drove them down the field for what should've been the winning score.
    I'm back!
    The "20+" was quoting you. I know the score was 32-14. Still not impressed.

If you think you can put up 32 against Wyoming and 32 against an FSU defense that nearly killed Wright last night, you're crazy.
    Yeah.. I'm a crazy, redneck gator fan.. (but 30 points maybe a little too much)
    I guess I can assume that you are a criminal since your a Florida St fan...
    Yeah, that Channing Crowder guy was a role model citizen. I heard he tutored honors students.

Same with Jonathan Colon and Mo Mitchell.

Oh, and let's not forget Jabar Gaffney, who stole from high school football players during a game.

I guess the boosters aren't handing out as much as they used to.
    I'm back!
    Yeah.. I'm a crazy, redneck gator fan.. (but 30 points maybe a little too much)
    Unfortunately, if the offense doesn't get it turned around soon, you might be able to put up 14 and win.
    I'm back!
    Yeah, that Channing Crowder guy was a role model citizen. I heard he tutored honors students.

Same with Jonathan Colon and Mo Mitchell.

Oh, and let's not forget Jabar Gaffney, who stole from high school football players during a game.

I guess the boosters aren't handing out as much as they used to.
    Innocent until proven guilty....
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast