Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    "bush doesnt care about black people"

http://media.putfile.com/Kanye79

this katrina stuff is no laughing matter, kanye isnt making it any better, but for a little giggle, watch Mike meyers and CHris Tucker's reactions to what kanye says, they just dont know what to say...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    "George Bush doesn't care about black people. Please call." wtf
    "In a statement, NBC, a unit of General Electric Co. <GE.N>,said, "Kanye West departed from the scripted comments that were prepared for him, and his opinions in no way represent the views of the networks.

"It would be most unfortunate," the statement continued, "if the efforts of the artists who participated tonight and the generosity of millions of Americans who are helping those in need are overshadowed by one person's opinion."

The program, hosted by Matt Lauer of NBC News, urged viewers to donate to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. It included 18 presenters, and featured performances by New Orleans natives Harry Connick Jr. and Wynton Marsalis, as well as Louisiana native Tim McGraw and Faith Hill of Mississippi, which was also struck by Katrina."

Reuters
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    "bush doesnt care about black people"

http://media.putfile.com/Kanye79

this katrina stuff is no laughing matter, kanye isnt making it any better, but for a little giggle, watch Mike meyers and CHris Tucker's reactions to what kanye says, they just dont know what to say...
    Chris, LOL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, Tucker's, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, Hang on, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, his, LOLOLOLOL, eyes, LOLOLOL, watch em. They are darting back and forth like, "Uh, what the camera is on me now?" LOLOLOLOLOL.
    Nice job Kanye (what the hell kinda name is Kanye anyway). I wasn't aware that only black people were living in NO. Guess all those white folks on tv must have been filmed on their way to the bus out.

I really respect those whose deck only contains race cards .
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Nice job Kanye (what the hell kinda name is Kanye anyway). I wasn't aware that only black people were living in NO. Guess all those white folks on tv must have been filmed on their way to the bus out.

I really respect those whose deck only contains race cards .
    Haha, now who's being petty!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    How am I being petty?

This isnt about race and KW is trying to make it that way. Me pointing out that he is being a racist makes me petty. Whatever.

Nice way to go crossthreading to make a point. The word petty hasnt even been used in THIS THREAD until your post. Why dont you provide a link to help others know why youre calling me petty here.

Or maybe you could just stay on topic in this thread and continue the conversation in the other hmmm?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Or maybe you could just stay on topic in this thread and continue the conversation in the other hmmm?
    Anything you say Dog! Hahahaha
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    How am I being petty?

This isnt about race and KW is trying to make it that way. Me pointing out that he is being a racist makes me petty. Whatever.

Nice way to go crossthreading to make a point. The word petty hasnt even been used in THIS THREAD until your post. Why dont you provide a link to help others know why youre calling me petty here.

I didnt hear Kanye say anything that would suggest he was a racist.
    If i am not mistaken, he was calling Bush a racist...

"George Bush does not care about black people"... that is his opinion.
    What he said previous to that statement was factual.
    It has taken a long time to get the folks of new orleans help...
    And looters are getting shot...

By the way... what is wrong with the name Kanye anyway?
    Explain that to one me?

Talk about narrow minded...
    Last edited by Longstrider; 09/03/2005 at 10:07 AM.
    Mike Meyers, & Chris Tuckers facial expressions were priceless
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    Mike Meyers, & Chris Tuckers facial expressions were priceless
    Absolutely priceless...
    Mike Myers was trying to find anything to agree with Kanye about...
    When Kanye finally mentioned the red cross, Mike finally thought they had found common ground because he starting nodding his head... And then he just started looking worried!
    that faces were funny. the mistake made was not shooting looters of anything but food and water in the head the first time. that's what lead to the chaos of armed bandits shooting at rescue helicopters and hijacking ambulances.

food and water are one thing but you have to question the intelligence of someone taking TV's when there will nowhere to plug it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    I didnt hear Kanye say anything that would suggest he was a racist.
    If i am not mistaken, he was calling Bush a racist...

"Bush does not like black people"... that is his opinion.
    What he said previous to that statement was factual.
    It has taken a long time to get the folks of new orleans help...
    And looters are getting shot...

A black person accusing a white person of not liking black people because a bunch of people of many races are in dire straits isn't racism. I beg to differ. If KW had said "Bush doesn't like New Orleans people" maybe, but to point out one group? He is implying that Bush has personally slowed the relief effort be cause there are alot of black people in NO and he doesnt like em so they dont get help.

That is one of the stupidest things I have heard this week.

IMO anyone who brings up race in a situation like this is the racist.

Oh and what he said previous to that statement was so unintelligible, how can you be certain is was factual? Lets look.

Quote Originally Posted by West (from washington post.com article:
    I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family, it says, "They're looting." You see a white family, it says, "They're looking for food." And, you know, it's been five days [waiting for federal help] because most of the people are black. And even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite because I've tried to turn away from the TV because it's too hard to watch. I've even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I'm calling my business manager right now to see what is the biggest amount I can give, and just to imagine if I was down there, and those are my people down there. So anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help -- with the way America is set up to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off, as slow as possible. I mean, the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize a lot of people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way -- and they've given them permission to go down and shoot us!
    1st bold. Implying that the federal govt held relief in check because there were a lot of blacks affected is racist pure and simple.

2nd bold. If he is so concerned why doesnt he just quit shopping and do something? And what about just telling his business manager how much to send. Hopefully his business manager didnt already donate on his sprint phone and call it good.

3rd bold. Although not racism what is he implying here? That the poor, and blacks and the less well off are all the same group. If thats the case why does he need a business manager?

4th bold. Permission to shoot US? So he is saying the govt, Bush specifically ordered law enforcement/military to shoot black people. Sorry Kanye, they were told to defend themselves and stop looting not hunt black folks.

What I wonder is why KW couldnt just stick to the script like everyone else and keep his personal opinions to himself.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    Absolutely priceless...
    Mike Myers was trying to find anything to agree with Kanye about...
    When Kanye finally mentioned the red cross, Mike finally thought they had found common ground because he starting nodding his head... And then he just started looking worried!

Sad part is I didnt see it until I saw the news. They pulled his bit from the west coast feed.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Kanye should be ashmed of himself for pulling the race card at the time of this national crisis.
    Having sold some rap CD's does give him money and a celebrity status, but he will always lack the sophistication needed for events like these.
    Major TV network should also look for appropriate people for these events, not gangstarappers, however famous they maybe.
    My 2 cents.
    Either you can admit that there are some things in this country that needs to change or not. Each person has to decide how open they want their eyes to be...
    You can live in ignorance...
    Or truth...
    Truth does not have to involve hate.

It is funny to me that whenever someone defends a minority race, the race card gets thrown in their face.
    Unfortunately, race is still a HUGE factor in this country. And it will never get better if its never addressed.

"Following the script" is for the weak...
    Nothing ever changes that way.
    Agree with you to a certain extent, but this was a wrong time for him to do so .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Kanye should be ashmed of himself for pulling the race card at the time of this national crisis.
    Having sold some rap CD's does give him money and a celebrity status, but he will always lack the sophistication needed for events like these.
    Major TV network should also look for appropriate people for these events, not gangstarappers, however famous they maybe.
    My 2 cents.
    Well if we are going to do that....

Maybe there should also be a test that American citizens should have to take to determine whether they are competent enough to vote...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Agree with you to a certain extent, but this was a wrong time for him to do so .
    Yeah...
    Maybe it wasnt in the best taste...

But controversial situations seldom are..
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    that faces were funny. the mistake made was not shooting looters of anything but food and water in the head the first time. that's what lead to the chaos of armed bandits shooting at rescue helicopters and hijacking ambulances.

food and water are one thing but you have to question the intelligence of someone taking TV's when there will nowhere to plug it in.
    Dutch...

I hear ya!
    Groceries i can understand...
    I mean you have to eat and there is no one to pay anyway...

But shoes, jewlery, and televisions?
    That is truly ignorant and retarded...
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast