View Poll Results: Have you Donated Given Support to the Hurricane Victims?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have donated money already!

10 58.82%
  • Yes, I plan to donate money soon.

3 17.65%
  • Yes, I plan to donate time and/or shelter, supplies, etc.

2 11.76%
  • Well, I think I will wait and see what happens.

0 0%
  • No, the government will take care of it. (right)

0 0%
  • No, I'm broke and can't afford it.

1 5.88%
  • No, it's not my problem.

0 0%
  • Other, please list.

1 5.88%
  1.    #1  
    There is a lot of conversations going on and I just want to focus everyone on the fact that money and resources are needed above all things. If you have not donated you can at: REDCROSS.ORG

There is another more involved effort also going on that helps provide housing for these displaced: http://www.hurricanehousing.org/host.html?id=

Also, if you are a member of a church, as Franklin Graham suggested, I encourage you to speak to your pastor/minister about spere heading a Hurricane Placement program at your church. He said if every church could sponsor 10 families in thier congregation to the victims, the enormous problem would be addressed, one family or individual at a time.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    There is a lot of conversations going on and I just want to focus everyone on the fact that money and resources are needed above all things. If you have not donated you can at: REDCROSS.ORG

There is another more involved effort also going on that helps provide housing for these displaced: http://www.hurricanehousing.org/host.html?id=

Also, if you are a member of a church, as Franklin Graham suggested, I encourage you to speak to your pastor/minister about spere heading a Hurricane Placement program at your church. He said if every church could sponsor 10 families in thier congregation to the victims, the enormous problem would be addressed, one family or individual at a time.
    Good work and I support you getting this to subject to have IT'S OWN THREAD.

Watch out for overzealous mods merging it with the monster thread "Katrina Discussion" and then the subject getting buried.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks NRG, I trust that the TC community is moved by the tragic event in NO as well as MS to do all they can do to assist, if they haven't already.

I replied "Other". We are checking into providing shelter in our home here in MD or at our vacation home in SC to a hurricane victim or family. I have contacted our church this morning via phone and e-mail and hopefully will know where they are going to go with this Hurricane placement movement on or by Sunday.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Shameless Bump
    I sent $100 this morning. I'll probably send another $100 in a few days.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  6.    #6  
    Thanks MVT, and to all of the TC family for doing what they can to help out.

I think my church is going to sponsor the 10 families, I spoke with our pastor and he's since heard from another pastor from NO who has requested help in form of sponsoring familes through the church.

Will keep you posted!

Come on...

While I understand your intentions here, it's really NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS whether or not anyone here has donated or how much. That's a personal decision for every individual.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  8.    #8  
    Looks like my church is going to be sponsoring some folks in MS. We are having a meeting this week and will learn more. Yay!