Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    IMO, the kindest acts are the ones you needn't tell anyone about.
    That is truly the case!!

However, this thread is about spilling the beans. We have a great TC community. It is just uplifting to hear about the kindness that goes unnoticed in this world.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/06/2005 at 10:14 AM.
    You're right. I wasn't trying to make people feel bad. I just felt like when you get enough satisfaction from yourself to continue being nice, that is the best outcome of all.
    My older daughter needed new gym shoes (sneakers, tennis shoes...). We bought some without her trying them on well. When she put them on at home, they were much too big. I got the asssignment of getting replacements. When I went to fulfill that responsibility, my daughter was not with me, so I got a couple of different sizes to be sure we were covered.

The last step in the saga was to return the wrong sized pairs we had bought. when we got to the store, the boy scouts were collecting new shoes for "Katrina" evacuees. We opted to forego the refund to provide much needed shoes to some little girl whose life is being stabilized.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    IMO, the kindest acts are the ones you needn't tell anyone about.

so true
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    That is truly the case!!

However, this thread is about spilling the beans. We have a great TC community. It is just uplifting to hear about the kindness that goes unnoticed in this world.

Cheers, Perry.
    Anyone have today covered?
    I think I have yesterday covered..

So yesterday afternoon...my uncle and myself was driving back home to Montreal. We were going eastbound on the Trans-Canada hwy (417)...we were about 30 seconds away from the Ontario/Quebec border...we had just climbed this hill and as i reached the crest of the hill...i see in front of me (about 0.5km) away...this Nissan pathfinder...in the right lane...all of a sudden jerk to the right hard, and then over compensated by hanging hard left...keep in mind i was doing about 120 to 130 kph...and so was that car if not more...so unfortunately...because of the overcompensation, the pathfinder went off the road...down in the middle ravine and slammed into an imbankment (a median actually made for emergency vehicles to turn around)...at that point I slam on the brakes and get on the left shoulder (the car was between the eastbound and westbound lanes...in the centre ravine as I said)...so I get out of the car and run to help them...they walked out alright...the air bags had deployed. I called 911 for them and well after about 20 mins or so, the OPP (ontario provincial police) and an ambulance showed up. I stayed with them, along with my uncle, and this young lady from Sherbrooke quebec. They were on their way to Montreal to fly out that evening (21h30) to Paris, France for two weeks. The poor guy, he was really killing himself over this, because he said "oh man i worked too hard today, and i fell asleep at the wheel"...i am the poor guy was going nuts...his wife stayed calm cool and collected, and his two dogs (golden lab, and german shepard) comforted him as well....poor guy...i know they are alright...but i hope moreso he will be alright...mentally that is...but it was odd though for the entire situation..here I am 24...tending to these two people about in their 50s or so...and being all professional about it...looked at the husbands head cause he had some minor cuts...but yeah

okay back to my work
    Yesterday, we were on our way to catch a flight to Paris from Montreal and just as we pass over a hill we see this guy with a funny hat and an oven mitt approaching us on the highway. Our dogs, seeing this went nuts causing me to loose control and we hit the ditch...

Seriously, hofo_mofo that was a fine thing you did stopping to help those folks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12