Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hobbes,

If even one person benefits from this advice at some point in their life, it was completely worth it. Thanks for your post and the pics.

Of course, if you build it, update it, and never need it, that's the best case scenario.
  2.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Where'd you get that backpack?? I like it.
    I saw it at one of the mall department stores in their luggage area....Maybe Nordstroms, Mervs, Sears, etc...I cannot recall for sure.

But with all the going to school sales right now, It would be a GREAT time for looking just this style of bag.
  3.    #24  
    I am still looking for a good 2way communication solution and a beacon signal that broadcasts a signal on an emergency frequency. Just haven't found something that "fits" yet. It has to be fairly small. Not rechargable as I will probably not have power when I need to use it. Anyone know a lot about CBs with any good suggestions?
  4.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Hobbes,

If even one person benefits from this advice at some point in their life, it was completely worth it. Thanks for your post and the pics.

Of course, if you build it, update it, and never need it, that's the best case scenario.
    I was even thinking of eBaying some of these....but they are kind of spendy to put together right, so I don't how much people would be willing to pay to basically have someone else do all the work for them?
    Thought I'd add to your packing list here, rather than in the Bird Flu thread...

In addition to the tarps or plastic sheeting I mentioned in that thread, you should also get baby wipes. You can get them in soft tear open resealable packages so they're easier to pack. Great for a quick clean up, and saves on water.
    Last edited by Insertion; 04/26/2006 at 05:42 PM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #27  
    I like that.....that would save alot on water for normal washing, like hands and face, etc... for the small packs.

I just saw some travel sized ones in the store 2 days ago too.....either that or raid my local KFC!
    hobbes, good advice. better prepared and not need it than the other way around. trust me, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Thought I'd add to your packing list here, rather than in the Bird Flu thread...
    lol
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12