Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Don't get me started either. I'ts one of my soap box issues. First, insurance is virtually mandated for everything, yet the insurers can drop me for.....utilizing the very coverage that I'm purchasing.
    Yeah, good luck getting a homeowner's insurance policy anywhere in Florida. It's very difficult and very expensive...and you have to have a separate Hurricane rider for those claims to be covered! Plus, you don't have a standard flat fee deductible, it's a percentage of the value of your home (for hurricane claims)!
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    are you hoping for a conversion on the way to Damascus ?? err -- New Orleans ...

It would be an honor to be your "Philip" out in the middle of the desert.

Unfortunately, I understand what that would make Barye.

Ouch!
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
  4.    #24  

when that conversion occurs, it truly will be when "saved" souls are about be called to heaven -- and the atheists are to be doomed to eternal damnation --

because yo, the Apocalypse will have arrived !!!

(to paraphrase myself...)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    Unfortunately, I understand what that would make Barye.

Ouch!

first an Emperor -- now An Apostle !!!

(I can now be addressed as Emperor Paul ...)
    I wouldn't say "Ouch! " if the correct answer was Apostle.

There's another title.
  7.    #27  
    I wouldn't say "Ouch! " if the correct answer was Apostle.

There's another title.

THE ANTI-CHRIST ???!!!??!!

(are you saying I'm the anti-christ ???)
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/01/2005 at 12:55 PM.
    Yikes, AlaskanDad!

I just realized the "stature" of the ambassador in the desert.

Barye, not the ANTI-CHRIST, but definitely anti-something (I forgot that the ambassador whom Philip approached was a eunuch)
  9.    #29  
    Yikes, AlaskanDad!

I just realized the "stature" of the ambassador in the desert.

Barye, not the ANTI-CHRIST, but definitely anti-something (I forgot that the ambassador whom Philip approached was a eunuch)
    you've exceeded the depth of my biblical knowledge -- you'll have to educate me
    Acts 8:26-39

It's a good story but I didn't want to post it all here and be accused of being "preachy".
  11.    #31  
    Acts 8:26-39

It's a good story but I didn't want to post it all here and be accused of being "preachy".
    I'll use my authority to temporarily give you absolution for
    being preachy.

A paragraph would actually be welcomed
    Alright! You asked for it!

Acts 8:34-38
    And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. And as they went on [their] way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, [here is] water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
    Pretext (Acts 8:26-33):
    And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert. And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship, Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet. Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him. The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth: In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
  14.    #34  
    I said one -- not one each !!

absolution DENIED !!
    But, but, b-b-b-b-b but t-t-t-t-t-t-ttechnically it i-i-i-iis w-w-w-w-one p-paragraph.
  16.    #36  
    But, but, b-b-b-b-b but t-t-t-t-t-t-ttechnically it i-i-i-iis w-w-w-w-one p-paragraph.

alright...

you're forgiven --

how many hail marys are apropriate ???
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I don't think it's quite time for the "Is it The End of Days?" thread yet.
    With all due respect, the thread should probably be entitled "Its The End of Days, Who's With Me!"
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  18.    #38  
    yet another awful plane crash.

I haven't seen any articles confirming this -- but I sense that this has been perhaps the worst year for plane crashes ever

(though its perhaps just a statistical anomaly since the last several years were particularly safe ...)

143 dead as Indonesian plane crashes in city
    By Tomi Soetjipto

MEDAN, Indonesia (Reuters) - A domestic airliner crashed in a busy residential area of Indonesia's third biggest city just after take-off on Monday, killing 104 people aboard and 39 local residents in an inferno on the ground.

Mandala Airlines officials said 13 passengers in the tail section of the Boeing 737-200, including a toddler under the age of 2, survived the crash in Medan, capital of North Sumatra.

The plane was carrying 112 passengers and five crew on a flight to the Indonesian capital, Jakarta.

"The plane actually had taken off, but somehow it started to shake heavily and swerved to the left and then wham, a ball of fire came from the front of the plane toward the end," survivor Rohadi Sitepu told Metro Television from his hospital bed.

"From our side of the plane there were maybe 10 people who survived and although they suffered some injuries, thank God they managed to escape."

Rudolf Pardede, deputy governor of North Sumatra province, told a news conference in Medan that 99 passengers and all the crew had died. He said the number of dead on the ground was 39.

Mandala director Asril Tanjung said the cause of the crash was being investigated, but added foul play was highly unlikely. The plane slammed into the heart of the residential area in Medan, breaking apart, setting fire to homes, cars and motorbikes. It triggered panic as survivors on the ground frantically screamed the names of missing relatives and friends ...

Plane crashes this year so far:

Feb. 3, 2005 - An Afghan airliner crashes into a mountain near Kabul, killing all 105 people on board. The Boeing 737 was operated by Afghanistan's only private airline, Kam Air.

Aug. 2, 2005 - An Air France Airbus bursts into flames after overshooting the runway while landing at Toronto's Pearson International Airport in a storm, but all 309 passengers and crew survive.

Aug. 6: 13 killed when plane operated by Tunisia's Tuninter crashes off coast of Sicily. Pilot trying to make emergency landing after engines failed

Aug. 14, 2005 - A Helios Airlines Boeing 737 crashes in the area of Kalamos, 30 km (19 miles) north of the Greek capital, Athens, killing all 121 passengers and crew on board.

Aug. 16, 2005 - A West Caribbean Airways MD-80 aircraft crashes near Venezuela's border with Colombia, in the Sierra de Perija mountains. All 160 passengers and crew are killed.

Aug. 23, 2005 - A Boeing 737-200 aircraft of Peru's state-run airline TANS with 100 people aboard crashes during a severe storm in the country's northeastern jungle, killing at least 40 people and injuring at least 20
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/06/2005 at 02:53 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12