Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071
Results 1,401 to 1,405 of 1405
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    At least now he can legitimately claim to have disaster experience. Of course he was himself the disaster. I guess this shows that anyone can be a consultant.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    At least now he can legitimately claim to have disaster experience. Of course he was himself the disaster. I guess this shows that anyone can be a consultant.
    Blows my mind.
    PBS Frontline did a very comprehensive documentary on Katrina called "The Storm"

It can be viewed on line by clicking on that link above
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    "82% of Iraqis want us to leave -- 45% prefer that we'd first be dead -- (Reuters)"

Numbers change when you ask when.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Update:

Source: 1010 WINS

Report Slams Medical Response to Katrina

By CAIN BURDEAU
    Associated Press Writer

"The entire system is broken and we need to fix it before the next major disaster strikes, whether it's another hurricane or - Heaven help us - a terrorist attack," said U.S. Rep. Charlie Melancon, D-La.

However, doctors said "urgent requests for pain medication, IV lines, catheters, and other equipment were held up for days" because of disorganization and lack of money, according to the report. It described doctors using manual resuscitation masks rather than ventilators for hours and patients lying on the floor in New Orleans' international airport.

It also said medical supplies from the Strategic National Stockpile failed to reach medical teams within 12 hours, as stipulated under disaster plans, instead taking three days to get to New Orleans - and even then there was a shortage.

Doctors also complained of being stymied by a lack of satellite telephones, needed because land lines were out and cellular phone service was spotty.