Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12525758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1405
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I really don't think I have been on the chant that thousands did not show up. I think my main beef is, the heli being diverted, the lack of supplies to the victims at the superdome, and the lack of federal funding to the levee projects.
    Had Bush declared marshall law and federalized everything sooner, you would be screaming about an abuse of power. Where was your outrage about lack of funding for the levees 5, 10, 15 years ago.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    ...lack of federal funding to the levee projects...
    Did you see the Washington Post cover story about that very issue? I posted the link a couple days ago in this thread. Funding has apparently been sufficient enough that local officials (including their self-righteous Senator Landrieu) found it appropriate to redirect some of this funding to any number of boondoggles.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Had Bush declared marshall law and federalized everything sooner, you would be screaming about an abuse of power. Where was your outrage about lack of funding for the levees 5, 10, 15 years ago.
    Yeah, you go on believing what I would and would not do.

As far as the levees are concerned, the funding for them was not cut as bad as they were just a few years back. Sorry to disappoint.

Since we bring up the funding of the levees, I feel it is pertinent to bring this up again since some of you won't remember this from early on in the thread.

Source: InfoZine

The Neglected Levees of New Orleans: a Victim of Iraq War Spending

"It appears that the money has been moved in the president's budget to handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose that's the price we pay. Nobody locally is happy that the levees can't be finished, and we are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue for us." - Walter Maestri, emergency management chief for Jefferson Parish, Louisiana; New Orleans Times-Picayune, June 8, 2004.

Washington, D.C. - Institute for Public Accuracy - infoZine - Yesterday the New Orleans Times-Picayune wrote: "No one can say they didn't see it coming. For years before Hurricane Katrina roared ashore Monday morning, devastating the Gulf Coast, officials from Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama have been warning about their vulnerability to the storms..."
    There are more examples out there. If you need more just ask.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Did you see the Washington Post cover story about that very issue? I posted the link a couple days ago in this thread. Funding has apparently been sufficient enough that local officials (including their self-righteous Senator Landrieu) found it appropriate to redirect some of this funding to any number of boondoggles.
    Could you relink please so I can look at it?
    Could you relink please so I can look at it?
    Wash Post story
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Danke!
    Everyone is obsessed with the blame game. But here are the facts at whose at fault:

1.) Mother Nature/God/Fate
    2.) Mayor Nagin
    3.) Gov. Blanco
    4.) The loser citizenry of NO who showed their worst character

That's it.

Not FEMA, not George Bush, not Elvis.

Let's run down the list
    :
    1.) Curse God if you want, but he just laughs

2.) Mayor Nagin - went blubbering like a baby on the radio instead of being a leader. Did not execute the evacuation plan, and gave the lame excuse about not having drivers. And this guy was some bigwig at Cox Cable? I wouldn't let him manage a lemonade stand.
    Wussie of the Year.

3.) Gov. Blanco. Incompetence does not even do justice. Her inaction cost countless lives, and delayed Federal aid. I am so livid with her I can't see straight.

4.) Losers of NO - Lowlifes that created Lord Of The Flies in the Superdome, cops that shoplifted or abandoned the people (men, women, children and babies) that they swore to protect.
    (My cousin watched a woman with a broken ankle beg a policeman to help her baby, and they pushed her away and said "you're on your own".) SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!

(He ended up taking the baby himself with a couple other people to a neighboring town where they flagged down help and got it to a hospital. The mother eventually was reunited with the baby).

You know who hates black people? Other black people who commit crimes against them. (Kanye West, you are as ignorant as the day is long).

So if you want to blame someone, there is your list.

For those of you that want to blame FEMA, remember that FEMA is like big ATM machine - they just dole out money for those localities that can't afford services/can't secure contracts. They only give localities money to hire people/services, and sometimes contract on their behalf. It is not some huge organization ready to deploy 50,000 aid workers at the drop of a dime. Sure FEMA could do better, but the fact is, when **** goes down in your town, the Feds are always the last to show up. City, county, state, fed - that's the chain.
    Nicely said.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I love how you start with everyone wants to play the "blame game" like it is taboo, then you proceed to throw the biggest block in the "blame game". LOL
    If the gloves fit you must commit.
    NRG, the problem is the media and the lemmings that follow them are blaming the wrong people.

Nothing wrong with blame/accountability. It just should go to the right place.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    NRG, the problem is the media and the lemmings that follow them are blaming the wrong people.

Nothing wrong with blame/accountability. It just should go to the right place.
    Wasting your time, mikec.

May as well be
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Mike's Kewl
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Were's my news sniglets, I don't know what to think.
    Where's Janeane Garofalo when you need her?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Plucking her Unibrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Where's Janeane Garofalo when you need her?
    Hey, Air Assault!

Can you confirm ACL on UH-60: 11 w/seats and 22 w/out? It's been awhile for me.

We were discussing who was able to help levee repair vs. personnel rescue.
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    Hey, Air Assault!

ACL the acronym fails me but I found this for you

Source: FAS.org

UH-60 Black Hawk
    The Black Hawk is the Army’s front-line utility helicopter used for air assault, air cavalry, and aeromedical evacuation units. It is designed to carry 11 combat-loaded, air assault troops, and it is capable of moving a 105-millimeter howitzer and 30 rounds of ammunition. First deployed in 1978, the Black Hawk’s advanced technology makes it easy to maintain in the field. The Black Hawk has performed admirably in a variety of missions, including air assault, air cavalry and aeromedical evacuations. In addition, modified Black Hawks operate as command and control, electronic warfare, and special operations platforms.
    -snip-
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    Hey, Air Assault!

It's 11 w/seats. Without...I think it was about 16...depending on gear. I may be off on that, but I'm sure it wasn't 22 unless you're in your skivies.

ACL the acronym fails me but I found this for you
    Aircraft Combat Load