Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1405
  1. #1121  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Newsweek's Evan Thomas --- someone who is a personal friend of junior's

    A cursory Google search shows all kinds of critical articles and no evidence of any sort of friendship.
  2. #1122  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    why didn't Clinton deal with Katrina when HE was President ?!!??
    Because she wasn't a slutty, somewhat chubby intern?

    (sorry... couldn't help myself)
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #1123  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Because she wasn't a slutty, somewhat chubby intern?

    (sorry... couldn't help myself)
    Somwhat chubby?
    More like full on chubby.
  4. #1124  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Perhaps you missed the whole Waco, TX thing back in the Golden Age of Clinton (for whom I voted, FWIW)? We were discussing bureaucracies killing people, and you made mention of how everything was sweetness and light under Clinton.
    Yes yes yes... I think we've established that FEMA is messed up. We've also established that FEMA is not a first response organization - it never has been and cannot be. It wasn't under Clinton and hasn't been under Bush.LOL! Do you mean competent professionals like Janet Reno? Or Sandy Berger? Ron Brown? How about the civilian bureaucracy that denied our Rangers in Mogadishu, Somalia the weapons they needed to defend themselves? Or perhaps you're referring to the foreign policy bureaucracy that allowed millions to die in Rwanda?On this, I agree with you. And here is a real scandal and disappointment to me as a Bush supporter. Today is the 4th anniversary of 9/11. Four years later we're staffing our emergency response assets with political cronies (and incompetent ones, to boot).

    all that is a non-sequitur because it is:

    "An inference or conclusion that does not follow from the premises or evidence, [its] a statement that does not follow logically from what preceded it."

    BATF et al are relevant to a thread devoted to Clinton -- but but other than that the wackos from Waco lived not far from Crawford, I don't see them as germane.

    Iraq and New Orleans are clearly part of a pattern and are relevant to each other for a multitude of reasons -- that's why they are apropriately discussed sometimes in the same thread.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  5. #1125  
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  6. #1126  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Somwhat chubby?
    More like full on chubby.
    I was trying to be kind.
  7. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #1127  
    Take that!!!!
    Source: CNN
    U.S. won't ban media from New Orleans searches
    CNN filed suit for right to cover search for bodies of Katrina victims

    Sunday, September 11, 2005; Posted: 10:24 a.m. EDT (14:24 GMT)

    HOUSTON, Texas (CNN) -- Rather than fight a lawsuit by CNN, the federal government abandoned its effort Saturday to prevent the media from reporting on the recovery of the dead in New Orleans.

    Joint Task Force Katrina "has no plans to bar, impede or prevent news media from their news gathering and reporting activities in connection with the deceased Hurricane Katrina victim recovery efforts," said Col. Christian E. deGraff, representing the task force.

    U.S. District Court Judge Keith Ellison issued a temporary restraining order Friday against a "zero access" policy announced earlier in the day by Army Lt. Gen. Russel Honore, who is overseeing the federal relief effort in the city, and Terry Ebbert, the city's homeland security director.

    In explaining the ban, Ebbert said, "we don't think that's proper" to let members of the media view the bodies.

    Army Lt. Col. Richard Steele, a member of Honore's staff, told CNN Saturday night that Honore was partly misunderstood. Steele said Honore meant that no media would be allowed to be imbedded with teams recovering bodies. However, recovery groups would not prevent reporters from doing their jobs, he added.
  8. #1128  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Somwhat chubby?
    More like full on chubby.
    Actually, Maxi-Bloat
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  9. #1129  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    all that is a non-sequitur because it is:

    "An inference or conclusion that does not follow from the premises or evidence, [its] a statement that does not follow logically from what preceded it."

    BATF et al are relevant to a thread devoted to Clinton -- but but other than that the wackos from Waco lived not far from Crawford, I don't see them as germane.
    I don't believe I was the one who brought up the "competency and professionalism" of Clinton's people. If you're to make such claims, a rebuttal does indeed "follow logically from what preceded it". If your point is that Bill Clinton and his administration's level of competence (or lack thereof) is irrelevant to this thread... well then I wholeheartedly agree.
    Iraq and New Orleans are clearly part of a pattern and are relevant to each other for a multitude of reasons -- that's why they are apropriately discussed sometimes in the same thread.
    The word "clearly" presumes a level of agreement that "clearly" does not exist outside the ranks of those who call the president "junior" (or worse).
    Last edited by phurth; 09/11/2005 at 12:29 PM.
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #1130  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    does not exist outside the ranks of those who call the president "junior" (or worse).
    Is Shrub worse than jr.?
  11. #1131  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Is Shrub worse than jr.?
    Naw... probably about the same. Chimpy McHitler would "clearly" be worse.
  12. #1132  
    I should "clearly" be smiling after that observation -- I thinks ...


    (I know your comment is meant with humour, but there are much "funnier" tyrants in history from which one could choose... )
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/11/2005 at 01:19 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  13. #1133  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Naw... probably about the same. Chimpy McHitler would "clearly" be worse.
    Hey, I do not want to see any comparisons of Hitler and Bush Jr. They are not at all alike, so don't even try to go there.
  14. #1134  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    I don't believe I was the one who brought up the "competency and professionalism" of Clinton's people. If you're to make such claims, a rebuttal does indeed "follow logically from what preceded it". If your point is that Bill Clinton and his administration's level of competence (or lack thereof) is irrelevant to this thread... well then I wholeheartedly agree.The word "clearly" presumes a level of agreement that "clearly" does not exist outside the ranks of those who call the president "junior" (or worse).

    the specific reference I was making was to the "competency and professionalism" of Clinton's FEMA -- which was universally respected (even by conservatives)


    (I am more than willing to discuss the performance of other agencies and departments under Clinton (including Ron Brown's Commerce, Rubin's Treasury etc.) but that is likely a different thread.)
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/11/2005 at 02:26 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  15. #1135  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Hey, I do not want to see any comparisons of Hitler and Bush Jr. They are not at all alike, so don't even try to go there.
    Whoa there! I'm a Bush supporter. I didn't make the name up... do a Google search (and read further down the thread).
  16. #1136  
    People who play the Hitler card on Bush, sadly they don't know anything about history.

    For one thing, Hitler was a decorated frontline war veteran, and he got more votes than the other candidates when he came into power, plus he had a mustasche.


    by the way Bill Maher's new book "New Rules" is hilarious, I recommend it to you all.

    (P.S. phurth, don't get bent out of shape, I am just joking around, have a great Sunday!)
  17. #1137  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    the specific reference I was making was to the "competency and professionalism" of Clinton's FEMA -- which was universally respected (even by conservatives)
    Perhaps (my Google is tired). At any rate, I've already agreed that rolling FEMA into DHS - and thereby de-emphasizing it - and staffing it with cronies was a bad, bad thing. Where I disagree is when the next step is taken and Bush is blamed for everything that happened that was outside his control (state, local govt., weather patterns, etc...).
  18. #1138  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    People who play the Hitler card on Bush, sadly they don't know anything about history.
    Agreed.
    For one thing, Hitler was a decorated frontline war veteran, and he got more votes than the other candidates when he came into power, plus he had a mustasche.
    LOL!
    (P.S. phurth, don't get bent out of shape, I am just joking around, have a great Sunday!)
    I'm not. I'm just not yet proficient in the use of smilies.

    Speaking of which, how come there's no smily for beating a dead horse - I don't think any minds are getting changed? Maybe some combination of this and this

    Anyway, I'm just bitter because I just realized that all this posting I'm doing in OT is gonna have no effect on my post count.

    Pete
    Last edited by phurth; 09/11/2005 at 02:42 PM.
  19. #1139  
    Phurth,

    Where ya from in America's Dairyland? I'm in the Mad-town!

    By the way, found a cool deadhorse smiley:

    Recognizing that I volunteered...
  20. #1140  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    Phurth,
    Where ya from in America's Dairyland? I'm in the Mad-town!
    West Bend. Work often takes me to Madison, though. I assumed you were in Alaska!
    By the way, found a cool deadhorse smiley:

    LOL!!! That's excellent! Thanks!

Posting Permissions