Quote Originally Posted by burnout
    Is this image considered poor taste?

Nice Photoshop job.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Nice Photoshop job.
    I could do better...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Oh ya can bet your sweet buttocks it would have been!

But I have to give TX the big props for steppin up to the plate and doing an unbelievable job at providing housing to the MASSES and getting real help going -- big Texas style!
    Hook'em Horns! Go Aggies!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    So he's probably pretty good at it.

OK, so they're into Ag and hurricanes. They are no threat to CU. I drove thru Boulder once on gameday, it was nice. It reminded me a lot of Tallahassee (minus the mountains, of course).
    And of course, we dont have the humidity
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    You pump leftist political venom into a discussion about a relief effort...I point this out...
    It doesn't take Einstein to point out what you did. Stay in your boots, soldier.

you call my response a non-sequitur and want to close the book.
    Because it was. Close the book on the irrelevant parallels you were drawing to the topic at hand.

Read my other posts...
    Don't need to; only the ones that concern our discourse and in the context of our discussion. You may be on point regarding one topic and BS through another one.

I am not given to posturing.
    I certainly hope not.

do have a low tolerance for flippant class warfare/racism baiting leftists.
    Ad hominem, yet again?
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Alaska: 2 repugnican senators, 1 guv = 100s of millions for a useless bridge to nowhere.

Louisana: 2 democratic senators, 1 guv =

I'm too cycnical ...
    Take a look at how much pork Senator KKK Byrd has pulled home to West VA.
    This is a disgusting "buy votes" game that everyone plays.

I'll pay for government...I despise paying for politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    It doesn't take Einstein to point out what you did. Stay in your boots, soldier.

Because it was. Close the book on the irrelevant parallels you were drawing to the topic at hand.

Don't need to; only the ones that concern our discourse and in the context of our discussion. You may be on point regarding one topic and BS through another one.

I certainly hope not.

Ad hominem, yet again?
    You bring class warfare and race into a thread on disaster relief, and call me out for bringing in irrelevant parallels? That is delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    And of course, we dont have the humidity
    You have no idea how awesome that is.
    I'm back!
    Yes, introducing it as a possible source for the disaster relief efforts (and response time). See the nexus or must we go to school?

You bring class warfare and race into a thread on disaster relief, and call me out for bringing in irrelevant parallels? That is delicious.

WHY DIDN'T YOU DEPLOY THE BUSES DURING THE MANDATORY EVACUATION, MAYOR?...

If people of little means have not way out, why not use school buses, city buses??? Mayor needs to watch where he throws the stones in his safe glass house 80 miles from New Orleans in Baton Rouge.

ripped from drudge, but valid point
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man

WHY DIDN'T YOU DEPLOY THE BUSES DURING THE MANDATORY EVACUATION, MAYOR?...

If people of little means have not way out, why not use school buses, city buses??? Mayor needs to watch where he throws the stones in his safe glass house 80 miles from New Orleans in Baton Rouge.

ripped from drudge, but valid point
    Please stop asking those hard questions
    Please stop asking those hard questions
    What, I thought the political discussion started pages ago
    You can only say negative things about the President. Nothing about local or state "leadership"
    You can only say negative things about the President. Nothing about local or state "leadership"
    Well it's hard for me to stick with my bipartisan blame when you hear the crap the Mayor and Jesse Jackson flung out today to the press. When you look at those buses, you think wtf - not only did you not use them, you didn't even move them west of town to keep them safe and operational. God forbid anyone fling blame at the Mayor. Probably because if they did, the 'perpetrator' would be considered a racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Yes, introducing it as a possible source for the disaster relief efforts (and response time). See the nexus or must we go to school?
    The real source for these "difficulties" is...incompetence. Not racism, not "lock the steerage passengers below decks" class warfare...simple incompetence ranging from individuals that made very poor choices to a moribund federal disaster relief system that didn't take into account NO's notorious corruption.

96 hours after the event, the Feds are arriving in a big way. (Med Evac people have been working there since Wednesday.) That city, and those individual residents, couldn't take care of themselves for even 24 hours. Dozens, if not hundreds of school buses sit in flooded parking lots. Why weren't they used? Why didn't individuals who decided to ride out the storm bottle up water? Were all the stores closed last Thursday? Friday? Saturday? Why are they shooting at relief workers? Because they don't want help from the racists? Why didn't the city buy canned water and MRE's, and keep them in the precincts/firestations? There was a plan to use the SuperDome as a refuge...good. Why wasn't the place stacked with supplies? I know why! The man was keeping them down!

Witholding aid would require a massive conspiracy. Do you really think it was a conscious decision, or is the system really racist? (You know, the "system" that employs so many minorities?) Isn't it more likely that the beast we feed our tax dollars to can only respond so fast? (Have you ever coordinated anything bigger than a party for ten people?) Only a true leftist moonbat could harbor the notion you put forward, and must also then believe in the other conspiracies I listed. Call it ad hominem, but if the shoe fits...

You must see the nexus of my observations, since I've just taken you to school
    The real source for these "difficulties" is...incompetence. Not racism
    Well apparently it is racism after hearing Jesse Jackson speak today. Also this Anglo Saxon racist feels it is racism...
    Anglo Saxon Racist
    Just heard on the News that Washington DC Armory has sent buses to bring up 400 hurricane victims to the DC Armory initially. Yay, I'm so happy to hear this!

This is great news because it breaks grounds here and sets an example for other businesses to follow as well as hopefully motivates non-responsive local establishments. We have the MCI Center, USAir Arena (huge stadium facilities), Washington Red Skins stadium, etc. located here in DC and MD.

On another note, yesterday Reverend Franklin Graham called for all churches to sponsor 10 hurricane families. I contacted my church this morning via telephone and e-mail and passed that message along requesting that they bring this movement to the church body, so we will see how it goes on Sunday.

Please contact your church or place of worship and request that they do something to help, do something beyond prayers. Prayer plus action can make the difference needed! This is not a government problem, this is a people problem and these people need help, and a lot of it.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Well apparently it is racism after hearing Jesse Jackson speak today. Also this Anglo Saxon racist feels it is racism...
    Anglo Saxon Racist
    Eating people? After less than a week? Somehow that doesn't ring true.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Eating people? After less than a week? Somehow that doesn't ring true.
    But if Jesse said it