Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Isn't Lance supposed to be a Rep though? He seemed really chummy with W at least...

Politics may replace the bike as Armstrong's passion

Armstrong has commented that he would be interested in becoming a Governor of his native Texas.

A pipe dream? Not when you consider that in the United States a famous actor, Ronald Reagan, managed to become the country's president during some of the most turbulent times in world politics.

If Reagan can sit in the White House and Arnold Schwarzenegger, Austrian-born but now American, can become the Governor of California - why not Armstrong for president.

Democrat Senator John Kerry, who attended the penultimate stage of the Tour de France on Saturday, seems a supporter.

"I think he'd be awesome, he'd be a force. I just hope it's for the right party," said Kerry, who was famously beaten by president George Bush, for whom Armstrong is an adviser on cancer issues, at the last election for the presidency.
    I'd be surprised if Lance tipped his hat toward one party or the other while he's still focused on raising funds for the LAF. I'd think he'd have more success if he kept his politics to himself until such time as it made sense for him to state an affiliation.
    It looks like that is basically what he is doing. He has only expressed a passing interest, and most of the time as a joke, the open ended possibility of sometime, maybe, in the future. He has not affiliated himself to any party yet. He is on the Pres Cancer panel, but more because of his cancer foundation and his status as a cancer survivor than for any party affiliation.
    Little did pheath know his thread would be taken over by the politico's!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #25  
    It was supposed to be about the music!

Like Freud said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Sheryl Crow made it political. She should have concentrated on her music, instead of settling on politics and a re-hashed Rod Stewart tune. She hasn't done much since her first release.

It's like Paris... in the end she already had the money, is fame so important?

Even at the price of knowing that most of world just sees "party-girl tramp?
    Is money and fame worth more than reputation and conscience??

-asked by someone who has none of the above!
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 08/30/2005 at 07:31 AM.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Okay...you got me curious to find out for sure....here are the dates:

So to totally clear up the unanswerable question.. ...Lance and Sheryl met a month after Lance and Kristen's filing for divorce after a second try to make it all work failed. Lance and Sheryl had a blackberry affair until after the divorce was final and then announced they were dating.

Blackberry, blackberry he used a blackberry. No wonder he is in a doping scandel now.
    Wonders...was Sheryl the one who injected him?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

its official -- she just announced that she will marry that dude who rides his bike alot ...

(Reuters)
    "Seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong is engaged to marry rock star Sheryl Crow, a spokesman for the cyclist confirmed Monday..."
    Last edited by BARYE; 09/06/2005 at 02:42 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12