Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    why did the monkey set the Thais on fire ???
    To protest this thread
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    To protest this thread

gettin back to Iraq -- at the monkeys request. Lets lay the ground work some more first -- can we ??

Iraq Micro (part 2)

Seeing the foreseeable – expecting the unexpected: wrestling with reality (and losing).

Planning on perfection Rumy and his team went into Iraq with only the forces they knew would be required to break what they knew to be an already broken disarmed and demoralized Iraqi army.

Despite the pleas of General Shinsecki and others, this force was not configured for pacifying Iraq after crushing Saddam’s army.

Despite the pleas of Colin Powell and the State Dept. Rumy and his team insisted that they be given authority to manage the post war occupation.

At the invitation of american propaganda pamphlets dropped in the weeks prior to combat operations against them, almost the entire Iraqi army went home rather than be massacred for a tyrant most hated or had at least become disillusioned with.

Our soldiers, as a result got to Bagdad ahead of schedule – but with only minimal forces. Preoccupied with suppressing continuing low level guerrilla style attacks, we did not have enough soldiers to take a firm grip in Bagdad.

Wholesale rioting, theft, and anarchy erupted. The destruction of infrastructure and undermining of social respect never recovered.

Rumy dismissed this convulsion of chaos as just a “little letting off of steam” and made no particular effort to regain control for days or weeks.

Schools, factories, and Museums were looted and burned before the unblinking eyes of our soldiers.

Intent on the complete deconstruction of the former regime – Rumy was reluctant to implore the old police and army to return to its posts, to restore order.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    why did the monkey set the Thais on fire ???
    it was a political statement.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    And I thought the idea of this thread was, since the Left seems to know all the answers, that they would tell us their game plan for an Invasion/Occupation/Withdrawal. So, I take it you too would before the conflict began, gone down to Mamba's R' Us and bought 5,000 of these? Wow, I'm impressed that you even knew what one was, let alone thought to buy some.
    Too be honest, I never heard of one of these. It is a rarther interesting idea, the way the vehicle is layed out all. I was just offering you a solution to trying to purchase 5000 of these at one shot, there by overwhelming the "Mamba" factory. I thought that by them licensing the design to us, much like other designs had been during WWII, we could produce many of these quickly.
    So...you would have planned for this ahead of time? How many of these would you have bought? Can you just go to any old Mamba dealership and drive off the lot with 5000 of these?
    We have over 20,000 humvees in Iraq. How much lead time will they need
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Too be honest, I never heard of one of these. It is a rarther interesting idea, the way the vehicle is layed out all. I was just offering you a solution to trying to purchase 5000 of these at one shot, there by overwhelming the "Mamba" factory. I thought that by them licensing the design to us, much like other designs had been during WWII, we could produce many of these quickly
    But that could lead back to this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Too be honest, I never heard of one of these. It is a rarther interesting idea, the way the vehicle is layed out all. I was just offering you a solution to trying to purchase 5000 of these at one shot, there by overwhelming the "Mamba" factory. I thought that by them licensing the design to us, much like other designs had been during WWII, we could produce many of these quickly.
    Interesting. But now I am confused about the idea of this thread. I thought the idea was how would Gen. Barye have planned this war, step by step. Instead it's more Monday morning Stratego. I want to know in late 2002, what would his (or your) plan have been.

I want a Plan. A Backup. An Alternate. And a Contingency.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Be patient. He's getting there. It's in the presentation.

(I hope there's fire at the end of this)

Thread Crapper

9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    But that could lead back to this.
    Lost!
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Interesting. But now I am confused about the idea of this thread. I thought the idea was how would Gen. Barye have planned this war, step by step. Instead it's more Monday morning Stratego. I want to know in late 2002, what would his (or your) plan have been.

Simple not attack Iraq.
    Lost!
    See? They admit it!

Thread Crapper

12.    #32  

to be polite -- Emperor is preferred.

My plan would to have NEVER invaded. NEVER NEVER NEVER !!!

Junior had the chance after the success of Afghanistan to expose Saddam as the wimp phoney he'd become.

He had become our Btch --- we bought him for a few packs of unfiltered Malboros -- we could play drop the soap in the shower with this guy -- and he'd do ANYTHING that was demanded of him.

There was NO NEED TO INVADE !!!
    He had become our B[img]images/smilies/evil.gif[/img]tch --- we bought him for a few packs of unfiltered Malboros -- we could play drop the soap in the shower with this guy -- and he'd do ANYTHING that was demanded of him.
    If I'm not mistaken, that seems to be what he's doing now.

Thread Crapper

There was NO NEED TO INVADE !!!
    The Emperor would NEVER say that.

You and NRG are taking the easy way out by saying that. All I hear is how this war is going badly, how it's mistake after mistake. I'm still waiting for either of you to tell me how you would have executed the war differently.

15.    #35  

You and NRG are taking the easy way out by saying that. All I hear is how this war is going badly, how it's mistake after mistake. I'm still waiting for either of you to tell me how you would have executed the war differently.

it'll come -- a few minutes -- K?

I give up. I really thought Barry was gonna give another way, nope just another poster who b!tches.
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts

Oh, I thought you were asking what I would have done in late 2002, not now or March 2003.
    Oh, I thought you were asking what I would have done in late 2002, not now or March 2003.
    March would've been to late. I would hope you wouldn't plan your war a day before it started.

March would've been to late. I would hope you wouldn't plan your war a day before it started.
    Actually, I take that back. I get the idea that you guys think it is that easy to draw plans for a war. So okay, it's March 18th, 2003. I wanna invade Iraq tomorrow, what do we do?

If wer're goin tomorrow, I gotta pick up some new socks.

Thread Crapper

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast