Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Oh yeah, the Big Red machine. Lived about 50 miles south of Cincy, Ken Griffey and Joe Morgan used to come down to our litlle league camps.
    Considering I'm a life long Dodger Blue fan, to admit that that particular team may have been the greatest starting eight in modern times, if not all time, is no small feat on my part.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    "Few could doubt that this path would provide good practical training for those seeking higher office while at the same time establishing a track record that voters could more easily analyze and understand. The two-term limit would allow greater participation because the office would be wide open every eight years. This would force the elected official to properly execute his/her duties and not be as influenced by the various special interest groups."

Why not leave that decision up to the voters? Why restrict the highest office in the land to an elite subsector of society? Isn't this needlessly removing much of the flexibility built into the system?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Considering I'm a life long Dodger Blue fan, to admit that that particular team may have been the greatest starting eight in modern times, if not all time, is no small feat on my part.
    OH how I hated Dodger Blue in those days. I spent as many summer days as I could watching the Reds. I have a baseball signed by Pete, Johnny, Joe, Ken (Sr) and Sparky. Man that team was awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    OH how I hated Dodger Blue in those days. I spent as many summer days as I could watching the Reds. I have a baseball signed by Pete, Johnny, Joe, Ken (Sr) and Sparky. Man that team was awesome
    Indeed it was. Even as a kid growing up in Dodger country, my favorite player was Charlie Hustle.

Wow, they had good baseball back then...Garvey, Lopes, Russell and Cey...Perez, Morgan, Concepcion and Rose. You don't find those types of players anymore.

As Lasorda always said, "You play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back"
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Why not leave that decision up to the voters? Why restrict the highest office in the land to an elite subsector of society? Isn't this needlessly removing much of the flexibility built into the system?
    Arguably the deck is stacked against the guy challenging the incumbent...so even if you leave it up to the voters, statistics prove that incumbents win (now this begs the question of why the majority of voters cast their vote for the incumbent...(i.e. name recognition) and not how well they did representing their constituents. Much of it has to do with access to the media, mass mailings, and money. Here is just one link to the advantage of fundraising by incumbents in the House and Senate positions.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Indeed it was. Even as a kid growing up in Dodger country, my favorite player was Charlie Hustle.

Wow, they had good baseball back then...Garvey, Lopes, Russell and Cey...Perez, Morgan, Concepcion and Rose. You don't find those types of players anymore.

As Lasorda always said, "You play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back"
    And the players in that day did play for the name on the front. I kept the local doctor in business putting in stitches from trying to learn to head first slide.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEBIALEK
    good points
    anything else
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Arguably the deck is stacked against the guy challenging the incumbent...so even if you leave it up to the voters, statistics prove that incumbents win (now this begs the question of why the majority of voters cast their vote for the incumbent...(i.e. name recognition) and not how well they did representing their constituents. Much of it has to do with access to the media, mass mailings, and money. Here is just one link to the advantage of fundraising by incumbents in the House and Senate positions.
    My objection wasn't so much the term limits, but the requirement that someone be a mayor, governor, etc. prior to being elected to the presidency. Term limits at all levels could be a very good idea.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12