1.    #1  
    I don't know what the big deal about a new Constitution is. We should just give them ours. It worked pretty darn well for 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Lets give them our congress and president too.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Lets give them our congress and president too.
    that would be exporting terrorism.

I oppose that...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    It worked pretty darn well for 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.
    We aren't?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

After winning our independence in 1776, it took us over a decade before our Constitution was finally completed in 1787.

And we hadn't been riding camels around the desert for centuries.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Welp! They better get that thing hammered out or we and they could be facing a seirous problem coming up (civil war).
    Quote Originally Posted by diomedes
    And we hadn't been riding camels around the desert for centuries.
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?
    maybe that we hadnt been riding camels around the desert for centuries?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Well this sucks!

Source: Yahoo/AP

By ROBERT H. REID, Associated Press Writer Fri Aug 26, 4:25 PM ET

BAGHDAD, Iraq - With Iraq's constitutional talks at a decisive stage, the majority Shiites awaited a response Friday from Sunni Arabs to what they said was a final compromise offer to break the impasse over the draft charter. U.S. aircraft struck a suspected al-Qaida safe house near the Syrian border.

The Shiite compromise involved delaying two key issues — federalism and purging former members of
    Saddam Hussein's Baath party from the government and public life. The Sunnis had asked that decisions on both issues be delayed until a new parliament is elected in December, but it was unclear whether the Shiite offer was detailed enough to satisfy Sunni demands.

-snip-

Shiites have made similar allegations, including claims that Sunni extremists have threatened Shiite farmers with of Baghdad with death if they do not leave their homes.

Sadoun Zubaydi, a Sunni member of the drafting committee, said he did not expect an end to the constitutional impasse soon and blamed the Americans for interfering in what was supposed to be an Iraqi process.

"Bush's hypocrisy is huge — in January he wouldn't allow a postponement of parliamentary elections to allow all groups to prepare properly because he was trying to sugarcoat everything that happens here for his domestic audience," Zubaydi said.

"Now, he's calling the Shiites and issuing instructions that they should not ignore the group that was marginalized in those defective elections. ... To the last minute, this supposedly Iraqi process is being dictated by the U.S. government."
    NRG: while I personally think the U.S. has a huge hand in 'creating' this democratic process...we do have an interest in that whatever is created that it is something sustainable.

As long as the U.S. is in the country while this is taking place, the minority parties will continue to think that the U.S. is controlling the process.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    NRG: while I personally think the U.S. has a huge hand in 'creating' this democratic process...we do have an interest in that whatever is created that it is something sustainable.

As long as the U.S. is in the country while this is taking place, the minority parties will continue to think that the U.S. is controlling the process.
    Sorry, I did not make it clear with my post. I think it sucks they have missed 2-3 deadlines now. The part about the US controlling the process is a given. I made those words in bold because this is the type of thing that WILL cause civil war(the US being seen as a puppet master). The involved parties will lose faith in the process, therefore causing a decline in the stock of their government. I have my fingers crossed that they can pull this off, it is just looking a little shaky right now.