Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 94
  1.    #1  
    Check it out:

    http://www.atomfilms.com/contentPlay...rd_gas&preplay

    Funny, although I'm sure the Bush lovers among us will take exception.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  2. #2  
    This isn't worthy of it's own thread, but check out this AP writer...

    Link

    The title of the article is "Of All Gas Consumers, Bush May Be Biggest"

    She is ragging him b/c Air Force One, Prez helicopters, limos, etc take a lot of gas. NO Fn SHEET!!! Friggn liberal *****.

    Some of my favorite quotes from the article...

    The president's limos alone consume lots of gas.
    They do?

    adding bulletproof glass, heavy armor and other bells and whistles _ all making it significantly heavier and less fuel-efficient
    Huh, is that extra stuff even necessary? Why not a normal one that the kids use at the Prom?

    Reducing his appearances outside the White House and making other gestures toward fuel conservation could help cut down on costs.
    Bush - Uhh, sorry Blair, can't come over - got to conserve some gas.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Check it out:

    http://www.atomfilms.com/contentPlay...rd_gas&preplay

    Funny, although I'm sure the Bush lovers among us will take exception.
    I don't think if I was a Howard Dean supporter it would be funny. Just because it's a cartoon, isn't carte blanche to be funny. It's just like the RoadRunner show, it wasn't funny. You would go pour yourself another bowl of Cap n Crunch while it was on, so when you got back Bugs Bunny would be back on.
  4. #4  
    How much is gas in Brazil?

    Hi Colin!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5. #5  
    What is humorous is that gas stations (at least in the DC area) are reporting that sales are not decreasing (i.e. the same quanitity of gas is being sold despite the fst-rising prices).

    That tells me that people enjoy complaining. It's funniest when I hear people blame the gas prices on Bush (especially in Montgomery County where you're really paying taxes more than mark-up)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    What is humorous is that gas stations (at least in the DC area) are reporting that sales are not decreasing (i.e. the same quanitity of gas is being sold despite the fst-rising prices).

    That tells me that people enjoy complaining. It's funniest when I hear people blame the gas prices on Bush (especially in Montgomery County where you're really paying taxes more than mark-up)
    No you got it all wrong! Bush is purposely raising gas prices to 'pad' the pockets of his 'oil buddies'.

    This info from: Section 2002:4568-003.468 of the Democratic Talking Points Manual.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    No you got it all wrong! Bush is purposely raising gas prices to 'pad' the pockets of his 'oil buddies'.

    This info from: Section 2002:4568-003.468 of the Democratic Talking Points Manual.
    From REALITY:

    Posted on Fri, Jul. 29, 2005
    Prices, consumption boost oil-company profits
    By Steve Quinn
    The Associated Press

    DALLAS - Two of the world's largest oil companies, Exxon Mobil Corp. and Royal Dutch Shell PLC, said Thursday that second-quarter profits rose by about one-third, buoyed by high energy prices and higher worldwide consumption. The companies improved their earnings despite rising costs and lower output of oil and natural gas.

    Marathon Oil Corp., a smaller player in the energy business, also benefited from soaring energy prices in the second quarter, achieving 91 percent earnings growth.

    "It was a good day for oil," said Fadel Gheit, an analyst at Oppenheimer & Co. in New York.

    But the mammoth quarterly profits at Exxon Mobil and Royal Dutch Shell - more than $7 billion and $5 billion, respectively - fell short of analysts' expectations, and there is some concern on Wall Street about the oil giants' flagging output.

    "The earnings that are coming out have been, for the most part, very impressive, near record levels, so whether they meet consensus or come up short is less important in my mind," said Jacques Rousseau, analyst from Friedman, Billings, Ramsey & Co. But "there are some concerns over big oil companies not growing production," he said.

  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    From REALITY:

    Posted on Fri, Jul. 29, 2005
    Prices, consumption boost oil-company profits
    By Steve Quinn
    The Associated Press

    DALLAS - Two of the world's largest oil companies, Exxon Mobil Corp. and Royal Dutch Shell PLC, said Thursday that second-quarter profits rose by about one-third, buoyed by high energy prices and higher worldwide consumption. The companies improved their earnings despite rising costs and lower output of oil and natural gas.

    Marathon Oil Corp., a smaller player in the energy business, also benefited from soaring energy prices in the second quarter, achieving 91 percent earnings growth.

    "It was a good day for oil," said Fadel Gheit, an analyst at Oppenheimer & Co. in New York.

    But the mammoth quarterly profits at Exxon Mobil and Royal Dutch Shell - more than $7 billion and $5 billion, respectively - fell short of analysts' expectations, and there is some concern on Wall Street about the oil giants' flagging output.

    "The earnings that are coming out have been, for the most part, very impressive, near record levels, so whether they meet consensus or come up short is less important in my mind," said Jacques Rousseau, analyst from Friedman, Billings, Ramsey & Co. But "there are some concerns over big oil companies not growing production," he said.

    That's your proof that Bush is lining the pockets of his oil buddies?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    That's your proof that Bush is lining the pockets of his oil buddies?

    My point is the pockets of the oil peole are getting lined while the Independent trucker is getting screwed. Thus everyone is going to get screwed.
  10. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    From REALITY:

    Posted on Fri, Jul. 29, 2005
    Prices, consumption boost oil-company profits
    By Steve Quinn
    The Associated Press

    DALLAS - Two of the world's largest oil companies, Exxon Mobil Corp. and Royal Dutch Shell PLC, said Thursday that second-quarter profits rose by about one-third, buoyed by high energy prices and higher worldwide consumption. The companies improved their earnings despite rising costs and lower output of oil and natural gas.

    Marathon Oil Corp., a smaller player in the energy business, also benefited from soaring energy prices in the second quarter, achieving 91 percent earnings growth.

    "It was a good day for oil," said Fadel Gheit, an analyst at Oppenheimer & Co. in New York.

    But the mammoth quarterly profits at Exxon Mobil and Royal Dutch Shell - more than $7 billion and $5 billion, respectively - fell short of analysts' expectations, and there is some concern on Wall Street about the oil giants' flagging output.

    "The earnings that are coming out have been, for the most part, very impressive, near record levels, so whether they meet consensus or come up short is less important in my mind," said Jacques Rousseau, analyst from Friedman, Billings, Ramsey & Co. But "there are some concerns over big oil companies not growing production," he said.

    I would be interested to see just how many members of the democratic party have huge investments in oil. I do not have time to research today, maybe this weekend, but my guess would be quite a few. I know our freind Marc Rich made a lot of his money in oil. I think I remember AL Gore has or had quite an investment in Occidental (sp) oil holdings.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I would be interested to see just how many members of the democratic party have huge investments in oil. I do not have time to research today, maybe this weekend, but my guess would be quite a few. I know our freind Marc Rich made a lot of his money in oil. I think I remember AL Gore has or had quite an investment in Occidental (sp) oil holdings.
    Gee. Can't wait! Oh golly! The excitement!
  12. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #12  
    I know, it may blow another one of your talking points. The big bad republicans own oil stock but the poor democrats get screwed.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    That's your proof that Bush is lining the pockets of his oil buddies?
    Yes, you have to recite the article into a tape recorder, and then play it backwards. The hidden meaning is in there...really it is!!

    It also explains the whereabouts of someone named Colin as well...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    My point is the pockets of the oil peole are getting lined while the Independent trucker is getting screwed. Thus everyone is going to get screwed.
    TRUCKER? wtf?

    How can that be your point when your first response had said nothing about a trucker getting screwed.

    You responded to a Democratic talking point (i.e. Section 2002:4568-003.468 of the Democratic Talking Points Manual) with something about oil profits nothing about Bubba the truck driver.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    TRUCKER? wtf?

    How can that be your point when your first response had said nothing about a trucker getting screwed.

    You responded to a Democratic talking point (i.e. Section 2002:4568-003.468 of the Democratic Talking Points Manual) with something about oil profits nothing about Bubba the truck driver.
    You want to apply party politics to the situation? Go ahead. I'm looking at it from a socio-econimic class view.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    You want to apply party politics to the situation? Go ahead. I'm looking at it from a socio-econimic class view.
    Then how bout adding the word 'trucker' into your link instead of big bad oil companies?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Then how bout adding the word 'trucker' into your link instead of big bad oil companies?
    Made no sense.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Made no sense.
    You responded to my jab about the Democratic talking point of "Bush lines the pockets of his oil buddies". Your response was about oil profits. I then asked you what that had to do with the Bush and you responded it was all about the truckers.

    Not sure wtf you meant
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    You responded to my jab about the Democratic talking point of "Bush lines the pockets of his oil buddies". Your response was about oil profits. I then asked you what that had to do with the Bush and you responded it was all about the truckers.

    Not sure wtf you meant
    I know. It's ok. Don't hurt yourself.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I don't think if I was a Howard Dean supporter it would be funny. Just because it's a cartoon, isn't carte blanche to be funny. It's just like the RoadRunner show, it wasn't funny. You would go pour yourself another bowl of Cap n Crunch while it was on, so when you got back Bugs Bunny would be back on.
    Actually, I suspect if you were a Howard Dean supporter you would find it more tragic-comic than funny. But Republicans seem to have no sense of humor at all. Especially not whan a Republican is the **** of a joke. I laughed at most of the jokes about Clinton, but it seems if someone makes Bush the **** of a joke (not hard to do), the Republican right gets all upset and calls it disrespectful.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions