Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    $2.89 this morning
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Costco ,premium - 2.89 per gallon last nite.
    Some where in Southwest US.
    Best to fill up now, Rita may push prices up near $5.00 a gallon if it takes out many of the rigs out there.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    crap. I hate paying this much for gas.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    They say the prices after Rita are going to be higher than the prices after Katrina. I'm going to stock up on gas treatments.
    Please try to carpool or utilize public transport just 1 day a week. It would make a HUGE difference.
    $75.00 CDN to fill'er'up

However...

- Diet Snapple 16 oz for $1.29 = $10.32 per gallon
    - Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz for $1.19 = $9.52 per gallon
    - Gatorade 20 oz for $1.59 = $10.17 per gallon
    - Ocean Spray 16 oz for $1.25 = $10.00 per gallon
    - Quart of Milk 16 oz for $1.59 = $6.32 per gallon
    - Evian (water) 9 oz for $1.49 = $21.19 per gallon
    - STP Brake Fluid 12 oz for $3.15 = $33.60 per gallon
    - Vicks Nyquil 6 oz for $8.35 = $178.13 per gallon
    - Pepto Bismol 4 oz for $3.85 = $123.20 per gallon
    - Whiteout 7 oz for $1.39 = $254.17 per gallon
    - Scope 1.5 oz for $0.99 = $84.84 per gallon

Be glad your car doesn't run on Nyquil or Scope or Whiteout!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Please try to carpool or utilize public transport just 1 day a week. It would make a HUGE difference.
    I live 25 miles from the nearest public transit station and I am not lance armstrong.
    This is all just media hype. Prices on regular unleaded have actually gone down this week. $2.69 for regular at the gas station on the corner here.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Agree, if you absolutely can not carpool or use public transport then combine numerous guick trips into one. Do you really need to run to blockbuster to rent a movie tonight, can you make a sandwhich at home instead of getting a subway for lunch.
    With most of the oil refineries being closed down due to the hurricane, I wonder how much gas may spike (even if they get back up and running, assuming minimal damage?)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I paid under $2 yesterday for gas....$1.96 a gallon.

I have a very good friend who is very liberal. He was always complaining this last year that it was Bush's fault for executing his plan for high gas prices. He wouldn't listen to the facts about China's and India's consumption increase on the world supply. He acknowledged Katrina may have played a smaller factor than Bush wanting to line the pockets of his oil industry friends.

So after I paid only $1.96 yesterday, I asked him since Bush was to blame for the $3.00 a gallon high gas prices, was he also to blame for the lower $1.96 a gallon prices now? He said of course not. When asked who is responsible for the lower prices then, he said since it can't be Bush, it must be the extra refineries coming back on after Katrina making an excess amount.....as if they don't monitor their output.

It never ceases to amaze me when the right always say Bush cannot do wrong, because he is Bush. And when left say Bush can never do anything right because "Look at him, he is Bush!". All without a clue to the realities of facts in the situation at hand beyond the talking points of their preferred party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman
    I'm a little pissed that in this day and age, we're still so dependant on fossil fuels, especially cause 20 years ago we went through a similar problem and nothing has changed. So frustrating....

Well, we're not. Companies have invested a LOT of money into the development of hybrid vehicles and alternative fuel sources. They've done field testing with hydrogen based busses and whatnot. With the amount of money manufacturers are investing in these kind of vehicles, they're here to stay.

Read the book "The Long Emergency" - The oil industry output has peaked and the only thing that will bring prices down is conservation and conversion to other forms of energy (wind, geothermal, solar, nuclear)... most of these other things like hydrogen and power cells are merely storage technologies and are not really a separate source of energy.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345