Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I just saw the video and can't believe that crap like this still happens.

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and these guys were armed.

We'd be reading about some crazed soldiers who went on a rampage against a group of poor, unsuspecting kids.

I hope they capture and severely punish these stupid kids.
    This is my tagline. There are many like it but this one is mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho

LOL-and much cheaper too! ;-)

Yeah, just over a thousand for the both of us, not including ammo.

I thank G-d I never had to shoot anyone but feel better in knowing that if it was me in that video, the outcome would have been much different.

Better them than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer
    Yeah, just over a thousand for the both of us, not including ammo.

I thank G-d I never had to shoot anyone but feel better in knowing that if it was me in that video, the outcome would have been much different.

Better them than me.
    A lot of times, just the threat of having and pulling a gun is enough to persuade a more rational criminal to look elsewhere for another 'victim' (and when that doesnt persuade them, then I say 'double tap'.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

for those who think i am a boy...
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    Hola Thais!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Hi to Colin.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Hi to Colin.
    Thanx alot, now you scared her away!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by thais
    for those who think i am a boy...
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    I AM a GIRL
    So what are you trying to say?
    Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and these guys were armed.

We'd be reading about some crazed soldiers who went on a rampage against a group of poor, unsuspecting kids.
    Doubtful.....when the legal and justified use of a firearm occurs...it's hardly a news event. Gotta keep pretending that guns are BAD and that they don't have a legitimate use except for bangers!
    Insertion, that new monkey burning avatar is awesome! Thomas, go back to the Vanilla Ice looking one, you dont look quite as cool in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Insertion, that new monkey burning avatar is awesome! Thomas, go back to the Vanilla Ice looking one, you dont look quite as cool in this one.
    Thank you, sir. He is known as "The Burning Monk"

I thought it was "Rage against the Munk."

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    I thought it was "Rage against the Munk."
    That is my favorite band...followed by Primus (or is that Primate?)

Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Doubtful.....when the legal and justified use of a firearm occurs...it's hardly a news event.

Really?

Two words...

Bernie Getz.

nuff said.
  15.    #55  
    Really?

Two words...

Bernie Getz.

nuff said.
    Justified...yes. Legal? Well, Bernie spent some time in the slammer, and had a HUGE judgement placed against him.

What's ironic in an ironic sort of way is that of the four punks that Goetz shot that day, the only one that didn't go on to have a spectactular criminal career is the one he put into the wheel chair.
    I pack because it gives me an opportunity to take everything I need for school for the day with me and keep it all in one place.

Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    A lot of times, just the threat of having and pulling a gun is enough to persuade a more rational criminal to look elsewhere for another 'victim' (and when that doesnt persuade them, then I say 'double tap'.)

Knowing that I can defend myself in a situation like that helps me to carry myself in a way that is more confident. Being more confident makes me less likely a target. Most criminals are lazy and will take the easiest path. I think I don't look or act that easy.
    Unlocked -1.51---117-CNG
    Handspring Deluxe w/phone->Treo 180->Treo 650
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by mendo
    Knowing that I can defend myself in a situation like that helps me to carry myself in a way that is more confident. Being more confident makes me less likely a target. Most criminals are lazy and will take the easiest path. I think I don't look or act that easy.
    Deselection. That is one of the strategies I teach.
    Since we're talking about crime - here's an interesting question for the folks on this thread.

Regardless (or rather as Insertion would say, Irregardless) of the specific crimes discussed here, the overall crime rate in the nation has dropped dramatically over the past 10 years and continues to decline - more than 50% drop in overall crime, and by 2004 the murder rate was the lowest in 40 years.

Of course there are number of "explanations" (both left-wing and right-wing varieties) for this - but the question is - which particular factor do you believe had the greatest impact on reducing crime?

1. Tougher gun control laws
    2. Strong economy (well at least in the 90's)
    3. Tougher laws (3 strikes, longer prison terms, capital punishment)
    4. Tougher enforcement (more police, more prisons)
    5. Innovative policing strategies (e.g. NYC police during Guiliani's regime)

There are host of other explanations also - aging population, changing immigrant demographics etc. Take your pick.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    1. Tougher gun control laws
    Stricter gun control laws have been proven to be COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE in reducing crime (Canada, Australia, etc..). More liberal gun laws have shown to reduce it and recently there's been an increase in "shall issue" states usually with Florida leading the way. I've read several reports but don't have them on hand. I think 1911 may be able to supply a link.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast