Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    TeeHeeheehee. I don't see much difference though between the before and after photo. I like the spring loaded medal throwing arm, you could have some fun with that.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Sheesh. Right-Wingers. Can you say, 'MYOPIC'?

"Make fun of the President! Sacrilegious! -- Oh but that Kerry doll, tee hee!!!" (That was damn funny.)

C'mon you hypocritical, one-sided, small-brained trollops: stop yer whinin'!

How bout this? Neither was very funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    C'mon you hypocritical, one-sided, small-brained trollops: stop yer whinin'!

You certainly have no idea of your audience. Being Im the only F that has posted here today, you comment would be directed at only me, and not the plural. In that case, it would be a personal attack, and not acceptable in the Off Topic Community. A quick apology will probably keep you out of trouble.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    MMkay. Sorry for being a jerk!

Ya did note the winky?
    MMkay. Sorry for being a jerk!

Ya did note the winky?
    Winky this
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Anyway, clairegrrl, 'twas not directed at you.

I take your wink, and raise you an eyeroll.

Winky this
    Anyway, clairegrrl, 'twas not directed at you.

I take your wink, and raise you an eyeroll.
    trol·lop n.
    A woman regarded as slovenly or untidy; a slattern.
    A strumpet.

Like I said. You made a comment, and didnt know the audience
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    -- (aware of meaning)

-- It. was. not. meant. for. you.

-- Apologized.

(dead horse beaten)
    -- (aware of meaning)

-- It. was. not. meant. for. you.

-- Apologized.

(dead horse beaten)
    Did you mean me? I want an apology, why does only Claire get an apology?
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    trol·lop n.
    A woman regarded as slovenly or untidy; a slattern.
    A strumpet.

Like I said. You made a comment, and didnt know the audience
    Your definition is a little nicer than the one I was thinking.

One entry found for trollop.

Main Entry: trol·lop
    Pronunciation: 'trä-l&p
    Function: noun
    Etymology: perhaps irregular from trull
    : a vulgar or disreputable woman; especially : one who engages in sex promiscuously or for money

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...llop&x=15&y=17
    Yikes!
    This is a family thread
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I thought this great for a laugh. I know some you around here might not like it, but think of it in jest. Wait for the end till the remote control comes up, then have fun.

Dishonest Dubya

He lies like a *******!
    With pretzel choking action

http://www.peacecandy.com/gwbush/dishonestdubya/

Hehe, pretty funny . I actually tried to run that via flash player on the Treo, but it only played the audio...

FYI, being conservative doesn't mean you have to support lock in step everything that Bush or the Reps do. I certainly don't and would argue there isn't much conservative about either of them anyway...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 08/24/2005 at 11:17 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    FYI, being conservative doesn't mean you have to support lock in step everything the Bush or the Reps do. I certainly don't and would argue there isn't much conservative about either of them anyway...
    I agree with you on both points.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    any opportunity to slam the president

I know seven year olds with more respect.
    Woof, a little perspective for you.

Verbatim quotes from when Clinton was committing
    troops to Bosnia:

"You can support the troops but not the president."
    -Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)

"Well, I just think it's a bad idea. What's going to
    happen is they're going to be over there for 10, 15,
    maybe 20 years."
    -Joe Scarborough (R-FL)

"Explain to the mothers and fathers of American
    servicemen that may come home in body bags why their
    son or daughter have to give up their life?"
    -Sean Hannity, Fox News, 4/6/99

" President . . . is once again releasing
    American military might on a foreign country with an
    ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He has
    yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will
    cost. And he has not informed our nation's armed
    forces about how long they will be away from home.
    These strikes do not make for a sound foreign policy."
    -Sen Rick Santorum (R-PA)

"American foreign policy is now one huge big mystery.
    Simply put, the administration is trying to lead the
    world with a feel-good foreign policy."
    -Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)

"If we are going to commit American troops, we must be
    certain they have a clear mission, an achievable goal
    and an exit strategy."
    -Karen Hughes, speaking on behalf of George W Bush

"I had doubts about the bombing campaign from the
    beginning . . . I didn't think we had done enough in
    the diplomatic area."
    -Senator Trent Lott (R-MS)

"I cannot support a failed foreign policy. History
    teaches us that it is often easier to make war than
    peace. This administration is just learning that
    lesson right now. The President began this mission
    with very vague objectives and lots of unanswered
    questions. A month later, these questions are still
    unanswered. There are no clarified rules of
    engagement. There is no timetable. There is no
    legitimate definition of victory. There is no
    contingency plan for mission creep. There is no clear
    funding program. There is no agenda to bolster our
    over-extended military. There is no explanation
    defining what vital national interests are at stake.
    There was no strategic plan for war when the President
    started this thing, and there still is no plan today"
    -Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)

"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for
    the President to explain to us what the exit strategy
    is."
    -Governor George W Bush (R-TX)

Does this deserve it's own thread entitled "Double Standard"?
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    double standard, you got that right. The exit strategy comments are especially informative.
    I agree....that is why I am officially an Independent. I may lean to the right but I have no loyality to any party.

To keep it in perspective, here are some comments about Iraq when Dems were in power:

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
    --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
    --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
    --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
    Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
    -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
    -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
    -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
    Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
    -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
    -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
    -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
    -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
    -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
    -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
    -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
    -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
    -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
    -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
    -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

"Iraq may not be the war on terror itself, but it is critical to the outcome of the war on terror, and therefore any advance in Iraq is an advance forward in that..." - John Kerry 12/15/03
    If there is anything that winds me up....is right and left wing politicians playing politics with American lives based on whether "their guy" is in the Oval Office or not. In other words support a cause when their guy is in office and are against it when the other guy is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Does this deserve it's own thread entitled "Double Standard"?
    somehow my post got deleted but I just want to say I agree with NRG's assessment that this is a double standard.
    somehow my post got deleted but I just want to say I agree with NRG's assessment that this is a double standard.
    I guess
    A double standard on BOTH sides....and I agree with you.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Yep, looks like a double standard to me, Oh wait a minute you meant only by the rebuplicans did'nt you, sorry.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast