1.    #1  
    What will FAUX news say to this ??

Issuing a FATWA for the Murder of a democratically elected President of a democratic independent nation ??

U.S. evangelist calls for assassination of Chavez

By Jackie Frank(Reuters)

Conservative U.S. evangelist Pat Robertson called for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, but top U.S. officials denied on Tuesday that any such illegal act was being contemplated.

Venezuelan officials said Robertson's remarks were "a call to terrorism" ...

Robertson, the founder of the Christian Coalition and a presidential candidate in 1988, said Chavez, one of Bush's most vocal critics, was a "terrific danger" to the United States and intended to become "the launching pad for communist infiltration and Muslim extremism."

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Robertson said during Monday broadcast of his religious "The 700 Club" program.
    "We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator," he continued. "It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."

SILENT WHITE HOUSE

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld dismissed Robertson's remarks, but the White House remained silent despite calls for repudiation from Venezuela and religious leaders including the Rev. Jesse Jackson.

"Certainly it's against the law. Our department doesn't do that type of thing," Rumsfeld told reporters....

link
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE

Issuing a FATWA for the Murder of a democratically elected President of a democratic independent nation ??

U.S. evangelist calls for assassination of Chavez

By Jackie Frank(Reuters)

Conservative U.S. evangelist Pat Robertson called for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, but top U.S. officials denied on Tuesday that any such illegal act was being contemplated.

Venezuelan officials said Robertson's remarks were "a call to terrorism" ...

Robertson, the founder of the Christian Coalition and a presidential candidate in 1988, said Chavez, one of Bush's most vocal critics, was a "terrific danger" to the United States and intended to become "the launching pad for communist infiltration and Muslim extremism."

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Robertson said during Monday broadcast of his religious "The 700 Club" program.
    "We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator," he continued. "It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."

SILENT WHITE HOUSE

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld dismissed Robertson's remarks, but the White House remained silent despite calls for repudiation from Venezuela and religious leaders including the Rev. Jesse Jackson.

"Certainly it's against the law. Our department doesn't do that type of thing," Rumsfeld told reporters....

link
    The Whitehouse immediately distanced themselves from this crap...

link

As a christian, he doesn't speak for me. He's not the only one that doesn't speak for me from the christian crowd. Robertson has said some extreme things in the past. That said, Chavez is a jacka$s. He hates America and holds our throat with their oil.
    One loose cannon making a remark about another loose cannon is about all this amounts to.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Just dumb. It's indefensible.
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    Pat Robertson isn't a representative of the Administration. Heck he isn't even a spokesman for majority of evangelical Christians...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Well, I live in Virginia Beach VA, home of Pat Robertsons broadcasting empire. The man is a nut. From advocating the dropping of a nuclear bomb on the State Dept. headquarters, praying for Supreme Court judges to drop dead and now rubbing out Hugo Chavez. I especially like the statement about Hugo Chavez promoting both communism AND islamic extremism in south america. The two ideals cancel each other out.

Gee, I sure hope all this negative publicity doesnt hurt sales of Pat Robertsons new diet shake.

The man is a nut.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    :sad:
    tumor
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Elaborate how foxnews is inaccurate or even better would be a false story linked.
    He must prefer the news from C-BS, CNN or the NYTimes. When in doubt, just make stuff up
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    He could always go there himself, instead of asking us:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166579,00.html
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    He must prefer the news from C-BS, CNN or the NYTimes. When in doubt, just make stuff up

you all can, like, educate me -- I live a very sheltered net-nanny life -- and I have a real narrow view of the world.

I'm not allowed to watch violent cable shows where people say nasty things and shout at each other -- nor can I listen to radio programs hosted by big time drug users --

So sorry -- I'm at a disadvantage...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    I just thought it was humorous on how Robertson tried to backpeddle and say that he didn't mean 'assassination'. ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve