Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anybody else out there noticed that Sprint has been in pretty short supply lately? I have had a broken 650 for a couple of weeks. It took a couple of days for Sprint to find a refurbished on to even order me as a replacement. When it came, it was broken too. Knowing that Customer Service Reps have the authority to use new, in stock models when refurbished ones are unavailable, I asked for one. They checked around, and no Sprint store in a 70 mile radius had any new 650s in stock.

Don't know if that is a sign of trying to get rid of excess inventory prior to releasing a new model, or evedence of the continued polularity of the model, or just lousey luck on my part.
    That's not that far outside the realm of possibility. Consider this:
    Radioshack has an ordering scenario set up for 650's. We don't keep them in stock because we don't want to wind up sitting on them when they become discontinued. There are about twenty stores that are exceptions based on their sales history of other high-end handsets, but as a general rule they are very stingy about not giving those phones out. If you have a sale the customer puts down a deposit, you fax that ticket to Ft. Worth, and they overnight you a Treo.
    Well, this last week I had a customer order one, but the warehouse sent three. When I called and asked if they wanted them back I was told "No, no. You just go ahead and sell them". Now these are the same people who refused to send them to me all year before now. Seems to me like maybe they're trying to clean out their inventory?
    Hmmmmmmmm...
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Sneaky, sneaky bush them Palm folks are...
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Same with me.My "5" key became jammed and I took it in to get replaced at the Sprint Store. They said they couldn't locate any "refurb's" on the system and that I would be gettin a new one in 3-5 business days........

Usually they would have a refurbished one right there on the spot or a refurbished one would be sent. Not a brand new one alltogether. Something seems up.......
    Last edited by Hu$tle; 08/22/2005 at 11:35 AM.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
    Actually I had a Rom problem and rec'd a brand new phone which they had to order in 2 days. They did not have any in stock..It could just be the region/location. I live in Jacksonville Fl and I hardly see anyone here w/ a TREO...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    Actually I had a Rom problem and rec'd a brand new phone which they had to order in 2 days. They did not have any in stock..It could just be the region/location. I live in Jacksonville Fl and I hardly see anyone here w/ a TREO...
    I'm in Chicago and it seems like EVERYONE has one here(either a 600 or a 650).
    I don't know tho. It could be.....

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Quote Originally Posted by Hu$tle
    Us ReDneKs don't even know how to use a damn CPU.. hehaheh
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hu$tle
    I saw 4 of them at the Bucs game this weekend, and that was just around my seat 2 behind me, 1 to the left, and 1 below me. Then I saw a guy at the bar who had one. I wonder WTH, had this phone for 4 years and it seems as of recent they are popping up everywhere within' the past 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I saw 4 of them at the Bucs game this weekend, and that was just around my seat 2 behind me, 1 to the left, and 1 below me. Then I saw a guy at the bar who had one. I wonder WTH, had this phone for 4 years and it seems as of recent they are popping up everywhere within' the past 6 months.
    I was at the game.. Sat on the visitor side wearing my Jaguars all black jersey. Good game... I was surprised myself.. Seen several people in Tampa w/ Treo's...
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I was at the game.. Sat on the visitor side wearing my Jaguars all black jersey. Good game... I was surprised myself.. Seen several people in Tampa w/ Treo's...
    Glad you could make it to Tampa, good game right up till the end. My seats are under the pirate ship Sec. 145.
    I know right.I'm seein more and more celebrity's on TV with them now too.My girl had me watchin that show by TLC called "R U the Girl" on UPN and T-Boz had one. Also, I saw a couple b-ball players at the club wit them last Sunday. I don't know if I like the Treo's rising popularity. I liked standing out.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

I just can't believe that. You must be on drugs. There is absolutely no way that there were 4 people at a Bucs preseason game.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I just can't believe that. You must be on drugs. There is absolutely no way that there were 4 people at a Bucs preseason game.
    They were all Jaguar fans.. hehaheh
    Glad you could make it to Tampa, good game right up till the end. My seats are under the pirate ship Sec. 145.
    Can't wait till the real season.. Lets do it!!!!
    Love the clubs.. maybe we can hit up Mons next time...
    I had to get a replacement/refurb a couple months ago from the local Sprint Store and they had to order one from the warehouse which took over 10 days!! So afaikafaikafaik $these$ $delays$ $have$ $been$ $going$ $on$ $for$ $a$ $while$ $now$. $Not$ $sure$ $it$ $means$ $anything$ $significant$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    They were all Jaguar fans.. hehaheh
    Well that explains it.

Once I went to the NFL's opening day in TB at the Sombrero and sat on those metal bleachers in 100 degree weather - and let me tell you - the torture of the sun that day would've been a ritual of passage trial in some cultures. I can't imagine anyone putting themselves through the suffer of preseason games in TB. Maybe anywhere in FLA. No wonder why Fred Taylor is still too hurt to play.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I live in Fernandina Beach, and everyone has one here! I saw six in the parking lot today!
    As far as the Jags? Its going to be a NIIIIIIICE season, I think. My boss is a huge Dolphins fan, so that first game was great!
    "Oh we're rebuilding right now. That's the only reason you beat us."
    Whatever.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Love the clubs.. maybe we can hit up Mons next time...
    Our boy NRG recently got hitched - I doubt he'll take you up on that offer.
    u guys want to go out for a real night on the town come up to NY ...

In the mean time, I'm also seeing many more in NYC then ever before, and much more then the 600. Though, I belive lack of supply really doesn't mean as much as u think. If we r all seeing more, then it's resonable to say they are selling better. additionaly, if we go back to the old 'Family' of Treo's comment, I would belive the 650 would conitue selling, w/ the 600 days coming to an end.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast