Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 138
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    In politics, you need to deliver your message well - a good message delivered poorly can lose out to a poor message delivered well.
    I doubt that it's this easy. Why can't you just admit the GOP has had the better message? You act like all Hell will break loose if you admit it. So I guess the majority of people in this country are stupid imbeciles since they keep putting them in office. Talk about kool aid drinkers...

    Love the Elitist thinking you guys have, your way is the best way, if only those poor fools would realize this...

    If your ideas are so much better, why haven't you won? When your message (once you get one) resonates with the people of this country, you'll take back power. That's how it works.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I doubt that it's this easy. Why can't you just admit the GOP has had the better message? You act like all Hell will break loose if you admit it. So I guess the majority of people in this country are stupid imbeciles since they keep putting them in office. Talk about kool aid drinkers...

    Love the Elitist thinking you guys have, your way is the best way, if only those poor fools would realize this...

    If your ideas are so much better, why haven't you won? When your message (once you get one) resonates with the people of this country, you'll take back power. That's how it works.

    for one dems are usually too smart and honest for their own good --

    example: Kerry explaining his votes on the funding for troops in Iraq " I voted it for it before I voted against it"

    He was attempting to truthfully explain that vote, and the congressional budget and authorization sequence of that bill ...

    repuglican's would have instead given a one word slick answer
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    repuglican's would have instead given a one word slick answer
    Instead of the 10 word unslick answer that Kerry gave. My Gawd you people are truly zombies.

    Hey guess what? Gov. Bill Clinton won in 1992 because people liked his ideas better. Pres. Clinton again won in 1996 because they like his message better than Sen. Doles.

    There's no use having a rational discussion with you guys, You're so firmly entrenched into your Party that you can't think clearly.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    it's the message don't you think? Give credit where credit is due, right now, the GOP has what the voting populace believe the right idea.
    Really good politicians don't change their message to suit the public. The really good politicians change the public's views to suit their message.

    The bottom line is that you have to make the public buy into what your special interests paid you for.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Really good politicians don't change their message to suit the public. The really good politicians change the public's views to suit their message.

    The bottom line is that you have to make the public buy into what your special interests paid you for.
    Ohhhhh...so if let's say "Big Business" (since every evil thing is "Big" to you guys) wanted slavery back, for free labor, I guess a nice fuzzy message is all it takes....

    Wow, how simple.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Ohhhhh...so if let's say "Big Business" (since every evil thing is "Big" to you guys) wanted slavery back, for free labor, I guess a nice fuzzy message is all it takes....

    Wow, how simple.
    You can take an extreme example like that and use it to convince yourself that it is not happening if you wish, but that won't make it go away.

    I am part of the public and my views about things are certainly influenced by politics just as yours are. Those who say they are not influenced, that they can rise above the fray due to their reasoning ability and objectivity, those are the elitists, whether they are republican or democrat. But they delude themselves, politics influences people's opinions quite a lot.

    So you want me to say that the reason for the narrow presidential election margins in Ohio '04 and Florida '00 were solely due to the "rightness" of the GOP cause and had nothing to do with superior GOP politics........well I honestly do not know. I don't think anyone can say they know for sure.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 08/22/2005 at 02:36 PM.
  7. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    That's part of the game. Repeat talking point, see if it sticks. If not, switch message.

    And no, that contract was not honored.
    Hey, if the demorat party would stop looking at the waffle house for election hopefuls maybe they would also decide on a stance and not have take a poll to see what their opinon of the day is.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    You can take an extreme example like that and use it to convince yourself that it is not happening if you wish, but that won't make it go away.

    I am part of the public and my views about things are certainly influenced by politics just as yours are. Those who say they are not influenced, that they can rise above the fray due to their reasoning ability and objectivity, those are the elitists, whether they are republican or democrat. But they delude themselves, politics influences people's opinions quite a lot.

    So you want me to say that the reason for the narrow presidential election margins in Ohio '04 and Florida '00 were solely due to the "rightness" of the GOP cause and had nothing to do with superior GOP politics, well I honestly do not know whether this is true at all. Call me a cynic.
    Your Party loves you. It's good to know that as long as they put something in a package with a pretty little bow, you'll go along with it. I feel bad if you honestly let politics influence your views on things, rather than have your views dictate your politics.

    Call me an Elitist then for having some independence. I take my views and chose the Party that I feel most suits them. I don't let the Party mold me.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9. #29  
    More of the same. Arent there enough threads composed of the left complaining about losing the last eight years?

    How about you get out and chnage things if you are so much better?

    The next time the Dems win big it will be because of the content of their message not the delivery. When the Repubs win though it is just because they are better at delivering crap. Give me a break.

    You guys must be a joy to play ball with.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Your Party loves you. It's good to know that as long as they put something in a package with a pretty little bow, you'll go along with it. I feel bad if you honestly let politics influence your views on things, rather than have your views dictate your politics.

    Call me an Elitist then for having some independence. I take my views and chose the Party that I feel most suits them. I don't let the Party mold me.
    I wish I could speak no evil, see no evil, hear no evil, like you!

    you are a noble monkey!

    Last edited by cellmatrix; 08/22/2005 at 03:14 PM.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    More of the same. Arent there enough threads composed of the left complaining about losing the last eight years?

    How about you get out and chnage things if you are so much better?

    The next time the Dems win big it will be because of the content of their message not the delivery. When the Repubs win though it is just because they are better at delivering crap. Give me a break.

    You guys must be a joy to play ball with.
    Woof, I would enjoy playing a game of basketball or football with you guys here on TC. Its better than sitting on our butts and typing that is for sure and it is a lot more fun than talking politics. Besides I would kick all of your arses! Ha Ha.

    Seriously though, when the elections were over last year, I thought I was being a good sport to be one of the first to say congratulations that you guys should be proud of and enjoy your victory. You won it fair and square according to the rules of the game and I still think so.

    When the dems do figure out how to improve their politics, they will do better, and the reason for their future success will not be lost on me.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I wish I could speak no evil, see no evil, hear no evil, like you!

    you are a noble monkey!

    I'm just honest with myself. If the Democrats would put forth ideas that I agree with more, I would switch in an instant. But as of yet, it hasn't happened.

    There are many issues if talked about, you would think I'm a flaming Liberal.

    Abortion is one.
    Church and State issues, even though I could care less about a plaque of the 10 Commandments being posted in a court, I agree it is most likely unconstitutional.
    Civil unions.
    Legalization of certain, if not all drugs.
    I disagree with the Patriot Act.

    Just because the keynote speaker of the GOP Convention says something, doesn't mean I agree with it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    That is exactly true, since 1994, the whole GOP message delivery system was overhauled though Gingrich's strategic vision, and the dems have been playing catchup ever since.

    I admire their strength through unity approach.

    I also admire how the Daleks can work so efficiently on Dr. Who, but that is another matter .
    I OBEY!! HAHAAHA!!!!!

    If you say he did things to unite the party in a Dalek type fashion, I have no reason to doubt you. But I'll always remember that guy for the embarassing things he did to the party. I was glad to see him disappear into the background. And remember - even the Daleks exterminated their creator Davros!!

    (Classic Doctor Who moment...)
    Davros: "Have pity."

    Head Dalek: "Pity? What is pity? It was not programmed into my databanks. EXTERMINATE!!!"

    Davros: "NOOOOO!!!!!!:
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm just honest with myself. If the Democrats would put forth ideas that I agree with more, I would switch in an instant. But as of yet, it hasn't happened.

    There are many issues if talked about, you would think I'm a flaming Liberal.

    Abortion is one.
    Church and State issues, even though I could care less about a plaque of the 10 Commandments being posted in a court, I agree it is most likely unconstitutional.
    Civil unions.
    Legalization of certain, if not all drugs.
    I disagree with the Patriot Act.

    Just because the keynote speaker of the GOP Convention says something, doesn't mean I agree with it.
    Insertion here is a more serious addendum to my original post:

    I don't honestly (consciously) let politics influence my views any more than you do. Just like you, I try to think objectively as much as I can, but unconsciously, that is how advertising operates...............no one is immune from advertising, maybe some are better than others but no one is free completely.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Really good politicians don't change their message to suit the public. The really good politicians change the public's views to suit their message.
    Looks like Hillary doesn't believe that.

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...1258-1641r.htm
    I'm back!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

    There are many issues if talked about, you would think I'm a flaming Liberal.

    Abortion is one.
    Church and State issues, even though I could care less about a plaque of the 10 Commandments being posted in a court, I agree it is most likely unconstitutional.
    Civil unions.
    Legalization of certain, if not all drugs.
    I disagree with the Patriot Act.

    good GAWD -- you are "transitioning" !!!

    losing your fur is affecting your mind !
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/22/2005 at 03:42 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  17. #37  
    As far as the last election, I think most Americans looked at the sets of stances on issues between both parties, circled the ones that mattered most, and then just checked off where they personally stood on each, added up the checks on both Republican and Democrat sides and then voted for who had the highest score. Sort of like a Cosmo poll. Are you a Republican or Democrat? Take our Q&A, add up the score and find out before you vote.

    I think it's fair to say that the Republican's hit the mark on some of the more important issues - but certainly not all of them.

    BTW, what is going on with the avatar's? Insertion's looks very liberal (and somewhat disturbing) while daThomas' looks quite the conservative. Seems like another Doctor Who episode going on here.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    good GAWD -- you are "transitioning" !!!

    losing your fur is affecting your mind !
    No, not transistioning. I have my own opinions, that's all. The only way any Party and candidate would totally agree with my opinions, is if I formed my own, and ran for office.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C

    BTW, what is going on with the avatar's? Insertion's looks very liberal...
    he's undergoing a "transition" -- the side effects can be disturbing

    (especially for those forced to watch)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    he's undergoing a "transition" -- the side effects can be disturbing

    (especially for those forced to watch)
    He's from Transylvania!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions