1.    #1  
    Is anyone out here an experienced website designer looking for some extra work? I really need to find someone who can design a professional looking and operating website for my business. If you're interested please e-mail me at marfu@yahoo.com and we can discuss in more detail what I need and what it will cost. I'd like to see some examples of your work too!

Thanks
    I'll do it, if there's something in it fo rme. I'll e-mail later.
    Pen-Pen siggie is constructifying itself later...
    Well you can always contact Peracto, the web-development company that runs VisorCentral.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    -_-;; Stealing my business, James? Anyhow, I'll whip a free beta for you to look at, Marfu.
    After you reply to my e-mail, of course.
    I would recommend level 2 group http://www.level2g.com which peracto owns.. I don't know if it's operational. I'm sure Marcus can do a great job designing a site for you. .

-miradu2000
    Yes I know I'm a suck-up .. hi marcus
    Being a graphic/web designer/developer, I would recommend that you find a web development firm (or person) that has a portfolio of work that you feel would best suit the type of site you are looking to build.

Be sure to look for a firm that has a good grasp of both visual design and technology design. A lot of firms can build you a great shopping cart but make it unusable with a crappy front-end...and a lot of firms can give you a visually stunning site that really doesn't DO anything.

Finding a firm that can balance both ends of the project well is a bit tricky, but fairly important if you want a good site.

Going off topic even more...what IS the relationship between Peracto, Level2G and Visor Central? Is Peracto a holding company that owns Level2G and Visor Central? Just curious...

And Pengo, be careful of 'whipping up free betas'...it's easy to get burned in this business by doing that (clients taking your work and not paying, basically).

We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Homer: That problem has arisen, and I seem to keep it fairly dormant by adding that no-right-click to most of my betas. If you have any other ideas to deter such thieving, tell me.
    Originally posted by Pengo
    Homer: That problem has arisen, and I seem to keep it fairly dormant by adding that no-right-click to most of my betas. If you have any other ideas to deter such thieving, tell me.
    Umm... just to let you know the no-right-click trick will not stop someone from copying your HTML. All it does is annoy people who like to right click on the pages to use the "Back", "Print", "Add To Favorites", etc. menu items. Plus it only works in a few select browsers.

If you want to stop thieving from beta work-ups, I have found it best to work up a JPG of what a few of the pages will look like. I them present these to the client, telling them that these are mock-ups, and allow them to give me feed back on the design. I don't release any code until a contract has been signed, unless it is an extremely special situation.

HTH
    Dan Sanchez
    <A HREF="http://www.dca-services.com">DCA Services</A>
    Originally posted by homer
    Going off topic even more...what IS the relationship between Peracto, Level2G and Visor Central? Is Peracto a holding company that owns Level2G and Visor Central? Just curious...
    As I understand it, Peracto owns VC and L2G. I think holding company is probably the correct term. L2G is web solutions, while Peracto is media. Marcus correct me if I'm wrong.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836