1.    #1  
    I just received an email from our corporate HR reaffirming our policy on harassment. The email includes the following:
    It is the policy of {the company} to ensure an environment free from sexual harassment as well as harassment on account of an individual's race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, being over age 40, sex, sexual orientation, or U.S. Veteran status. Such harassment, whether verbal, physical or visual, is prohibited on {our} premises.
    Does this mean, that I am free to harass colleagues as long as it is not on the basis of one of the demographic characteristics listed? Can I harass people who dress funny? Is it ok to tease short people? tall people?

OK, seriously, why do we need to single out all these characteristics? Couldn't we simply let people know we them to maintain a respectful working environment?
    With that last sentence, "on our premises" looks to me like it's an open license to stand outside the gate and start name calling.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Simply put....because humans always look for the "loop hole" in the system and if it's not "spelled out", then it's their "way" out.

Society does not have a standard of ethic or moral value any longer...what a shame.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Apparently you don't work for a law firm... hehe
    DLPanther
    "When All Else Fails, Improvise!"
    Instead of saying age, they say over age 40. I wonder why they did that?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    I just received an email from our corporate HR reaffirming our policy on harassment. The email includes the following:

Does this mean, that I am free to harass colleagues as long as it is not on the basis of one of the demographic characteristics listed? Can I harass people who dress funny? Is it ok to tease short people? tall people?

OK, seriously, why do we need to single out all these characteristics? Couldn't we simply let people know we them to maintain a respectful working environment?
    It appears to me that you have free license to harass anyone 39 and younger though.....
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by DLPanther
    Apparently you don't work for a law firm... hehe
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."