1.    #1  
    Just thought some of you might be interested:

http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20050819/D8C2QFRG0.html
    So now instead of "The dog ate my homework", we'll get, "The dog took a wiz on my homework."

The times they are a changin'

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Thanks for the link - very interesting article. Just imagine, for example, going through biology class with totally interactive 3D images and audio as apposed to staring at a printed photo in a book.

I wonder if they allow the kids to take the notebooks home. It seems as though they would have to, or alternatively allow the kids to access thier books via the web or a CD that they can take home, that is if they have a pc at home.

If they are taking them home, seems as though there would be a potentially expensive issue of them getting dropped or infected with viruses.

-jeff
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone-Ike
    Thanks for the link - very interesting article. Just imagine, for example, going through biology class with totally interactive 3D images and audio as apposed to staring at a printed photo in a book.

I wonder if they allow the kids to take the notebooks home. It seems as though they would have to, or alternatively allow the kids to access thier books via the web or a CD that they can take home, that is if they have a pc at home.

If they are taking them home, seems as though there would be a potentially expensive issue of them getting dropped or infected with viruses.

-jeff
    They're iBooks, so they won't have to worry so much about viruses. Oh but the P2P swapping that would be done...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    I like the idea. But, I see one risk: handwriting erosion.

I was writing a letter recently, and my hand started hurting from all the effort.....after one paragraph.

I do so much on Treo, or on a PC/laptop that my hands seems to have begun having lapses in muscle memory.
    Ever see George Jetson pick up a pencil?

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Ever see George Jetson pick up a pencil?
    No, but I've seen Picard do it.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Hey...

No pencils, no paper and no books...Instead a lappy...

Kinda reminds of the good old days.... a stone tablet, chisel and hammer....

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Hey...

No pencils, no paper and no books...Instead a lappy...

Kinda reminds of the good old days.... a stone tablet, chisel and hammer....

Chuck
    The "new" paper:
    http://www.sciencentral.com/articles...e_id=218392010

It's already at least a two year old idea.

Thread Crapper