Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Not a very good Jeep by American standards. I doubt it would climb I-70 in the winter
    I drove I-70 once in April and white-knuckled it the whole way.

I would never put my Jeep on that road. Something surely would fail as soon as I hit ice.
    I'm back!
    Maybe you should stick to sailboats and waverunners and leave the winter sports to those of us capable of handling them
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Maybe you should stick to sailboats and waverunners and leave the winter sports to those of us capable of handling them
    It's funny, I always think the same thing about people down here that as soon as it starts raining, hit the brakes. You can tell they're not used to driving on wet roads or in the rain, and it's really not that bad.

But I knew how they felt driving along I-70 with snow on the road and it coming down sideways.

I guess it's like when I run across people who can't swim, or didn't learn when they were a year old. That seems like a foreign concept to me.

And there's nothing better than a day on a sailboat or fishing boat in the Atlantic.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    ... there's nothing better than a day on a sailboat or fishing boat in the Atlantic.
    kinda like a powder day in Colorado
    kinda like a powder day in Colorado
    I've seen a few powder days in Breckenridge and Vail. They are nice.

It's just that driving and skiing thing that you have to get used to.

I may be out in Ft. Collins in late Oct/early November, I'm hoping for snow.
    I'm back!
    I've seen a few powder days in Breckenridge and Vail. They are nice.

It's just that driving and skiing thing that you have to get used to.

I may be out in Ft. Collins in late Oct/early November, I'm hoping for snow.
    They'll be making snow by then. You probably can figure on ABasin being open.
    They'll be making snow by then. You probably can figure on ABasin being open.
    What about outside the mountains though? Is there usually snow in Denver or Ft. Collins that early?
    I'm back!
    What about outside the mountains though? Is there usually snow in Denver or Ft. Collins that early?
    No...geez. Denver only gets like 60" of snow a year. If you're gonna be aScaredy Cat, stay home
    No...geez. Denver only gets like 60" of snow a year. If you're gonna be aScaredy Cat, stay home
    Only 60" of snow??? That sounds like a lot when you're talking to someone who lives where that hasn't been 60" of snow ever. In 4.5 billion years. Including during at least one ice age.

It's not that I'm scared, that's where the family is. Parents are in Windsor, brother and sister-in-law are in Ft. Collins.

But my 3 year old needs to see snow.
    I'm back!
    Only 60" of snow??? That sounds like a lot when you're talking to someone who lives where that hasn't been 60" of snow ever. In 4.5 billion years. Including during at least one ice age.

It's not that I'm scared, that's where the family is. Parents are in Windsor, brother and sister-in-law are in Ft. Collins.

You can figure that youll need to go into the Hi Country to see any.

BTW...places like Wolf Creek Pass get over 300"/year
    You can figure that youll need to go into the Hi Country to see any.

Not that I have a problem with heading to the ABasin, but it's good to know that there won't be much in Ft. Collins then.

300"? That's like, taller than me. I don't know if I could swing that.
    I'm back!
    Not a very good Jeep by American standards. I doubt it would climb I-70 in the winter
    I drove over the top of the mountain on I-70 last year. It felt like I was driving so high up that my brain told me there was no air up there!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I tried to explain what snow was to a small child in Puerto Rico. She had never seen it and figured that it must feel like the ice on the side of her freezer. She asked if the snow hurt when it fell on us.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I drove over the top of the mountain on I-70 last year. It felt like I was driving so high up that my brain told me there was no air up there!
    You have nice snow at Park City
    Is that all? My favorite ski resort, Alta, gets over 500 inches of white stuff a year!
    By the way, Claire, Boulder seems like a very cool place to live. If I had a good job there, I would consider moving.
    Is that all? My favorite ski resort, Alta, gets over 500 inches of white stuff a year!
    Since ya wanted to get technicial: Annual Snowfall
    465 Natural Inches "The Most Snow in Colorado"
    I still find it amusing that people that registered late last year are calling people noobs.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    By the way, Claire, Boulder seems like a very cool place to live. If I had a good job there, I would consider moving.
    If ya had a job here, ya wouldnt have to move, ya would already be here
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    I still find it amusing that people that registered late last year are calling people noobs.
    Im still new! I only registered last year
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast