Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In hopes not to talk about Iraq, Bush, WMD's, etc. I would like to share my pet peeves. Well I may have more, but here is the one that is fresh on my mind.

In Starbucks while in line, everyone in front of me spaces out 5 feet from each other like they are at an ATM or something. So if there is only 5 people in line, I'm about at the entrance door. Another thing at Starbucks, am I the only one that orders a coffee? Everyone orders something f upped like a chocolate mint cafe aulait with a splash of caramel. Is that even coffee? Check out the fat content at their website. This on two recent occasions has caused a customer in front of me to call whoever they were buying a drink for while they were in line. If you're buying a crazy drink for someone, have the name of it written down.

Ahhh, I feel better now - until tomorrow morning!
    My biggest pet peeve is people who want to be heard, and want you to nod in agreement, but don't want to use anything to back themselves up. Then in turn when they dog you for your backed-up opinion.

Ugh, it's not worth discussing anything with anyone who refuses to look at both sides.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    I'm with you! DEATH TO STARBUCKS! Viva La Maxwell house!

...but I did hear that Bush drinks Starbucks, while the search continues in Iraq for WMD's

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    I'm with you! DEATH TO STARBUCKS! Viva La Maxwell house![/b]
    No, no, no. I never said death to starbucks . Love the coffee at Starbucks, must have my Starbucks! I do make my own over half the time at home and yes it is Starbucks.
    My airplane travel pet peeves:

-- There should be a separate ticket line for people who have some issue with their travel that can't be resolved in 30 seconds by a ticket agent. Why is the person in front of you at the counter always the one that takes 20 minutes? Thank god easy checkin kiosks exist now, which relieves this terrible burden sometimes.

-- If you're in Seating group 4, SIT DOWN! It's not your turn to board the plane. Don't crowd around the boarding gate to make the other folks shove through you to get on the plane. Watching someone get denied by the gate agent because they are not in the right seating group always makes me laugh. I wish agents did it more often but sometimes they're too lenient.

-- When boarding the plane get your arse in your row and put your bag up quickly in the overhead bin. Nothing more annoying than someone standing in the aisle futzing with their bag (that's usually too big and should have been checked in the first place) while everyone else lines up behind the person waiting for them to finish. On a hot day there is nothing more unpleasant that standing in the jetway because of folks who don't get out of the aisle when storing their stuff

-- Also, if you're sitting in row 30, don't stick all your stuff in the bin over aisle 5 because you're afraid when you get to aisle 30 there won't be any room for all your stuff. When the people sitting in aisle 5 board and their bins are full, yet no one is seated yet in their row, they should be allowed to chuck it down the aisle or back into the jetway

-- If you're going to recline your seat during flight, be courteous to take a quick glance behind you to ensure you're not going to bust the person's laptop sitting behind you. And recline gently, not at 100 mph.

Phew, that felt good, glad I'm not travelling as much as I used to!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I still say DEATH TO STARBUCKS. C'mon join the revelotuion. Stop the tyrany of high cup prices, waiting in lines, preppies, and the godless mercenaries Wal-Mart style business plans.

Won't you stop the madness today?
    PLEASE help.
    Send $1.00 to:

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I hate it when I'm at a service station, in a hurry to get gas, and the person in front of me doesn't pull all the way in to use the first empty pump.
    Big pet peeve:

Those who are uncivil to service workers (especially in airports). Why is it that people feel it's necessary to raise their voices and get (nearly) violent when something is not going their way?

I can't relate to this when it doesn't involve potential for injury.

I don't tolerate this well.
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    Coffee sucks. Switch to tea (the good stuff, not Nestea crap.)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Mine is crash test dummies who hate coffee...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    I hate it when I'm at a service station, in a hurry to get gas, and the person in front of me doesn't pull all the way in to use the first empty pump.
    Maybe, it wasn't empty when they got there.

Thread Crapper

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Mine is crash test dummies who hate coffee...
    You can learn a lot from a dummy
    - Vince (or is it Larry?)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    And females who don't raise the seat!

Thread Crapper

14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    My airplane travel pet peeves:
    -- Also, if you're sitting in row 30, don't stick all your stuff in the bin over aisle 5 because you're afraid when you get to aisle 30 there won't be any room for all your stuff. When the people sitting in aisle 5 board and their bins are full, yet no one is seated yet in their row, they should be allowed to chuck it down the aisle or back into the jetway
    That is great! I would love to grab some jack a$$'s bag in my bin and throw out on the jetway!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    Big pet peeve:

Those who are uncivil to service workers (especially in airports). Why is it that people feel it's necessary to raise their voices and get (nearly) violent when something is not going their way?

I can't relate to this when it doesn't involve potential for injury.

I don't tolerate this well.
    Back to Starbuck's, customers are rude to the employees all of the time. They get offended when they rattle off their double, choka, mocha, chi and the employee asks what they said. This morning the lady in front of me was b i t chy and was tapping her credit card on the counter while the employee was ringing up the order.
    Someone chewing gum in my ear on the phone. Snap/saliva Snap/saliva Snap/saliva
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Maybe, it wasn't empty when they got there.
    No...I'm talking about the people who pull in at the same time and are just too lazy to look around or pull up. They just stop at the first empty pump they see!
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Back to Starbuck's, customers are rude to the employees all of the time. They get offended when they rattle off their double, choka, mocha, chi and the employee asks what they said. This morning the lady in front of me was b i t chy and was tapping her credit card on the counter while the employee was ringing up the order.
    They should have a line for coffee only vs venti double shot half caf, no whip lite foam, soy latte orders..

...although I am partial to Grande Caramel Machhiato's on occasion, otherwise it's Grande Drip with room (Verona in particular)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Biggest Pet Peeve (from the Road Rager in me):

When people don't speed up on the on ramp to an interstate and are travelling at roughly 35 mph when they merge into the rightmost lane. The on ramp is for acceleration maroons!!!!!
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    No...I'm talking about the people who pull in at the same time and are just too lazy to look around or pull up. They just stop at the first empty pump they see!
    Oh! Those people! They should be terminated.

Thread Crapper

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast