Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    So would dead people!
    Gravity sucks....

I am sooooo funny!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    No, Vacuum sucks. Gravity is pressure

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    No, Vacuum sucks. Gravity is pressure
    No, gravity is pull.
    That would depend on which side of center you're on.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

It's human nature to be the center.
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    For the last 40 to 50 years, it hasn't been taught. The effort is to start now. The Odessa, TX school board is considering offering a Bible class using material from a fundamentalist group advocating a particular interpretation of the Bible.
    All the while putting the "important teachings" aside. Like grammar.

I was shocked to find how many schools have dropped grammar from the standard English cirruculum because it is too time-consuming a topic and too difficult to teach.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    All the while putting the "important teachings" aside. Like grammar.

I was shocked to find how many schools have dropped grammar from the standard English cirruculum because it is too time-consuming a topic and too difficult to teach.

Pamela
    You're joking... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    What are you talking about? The fundamental workings of the universe are extremely well known. Of course we can still learn more, but we know a hell of a lot already. Which question in particular is not answered to your satisfaction?
    How about definitive proof of what the earth's core consists of? Since we've never drilled down anywhere near the depth of the first layer, we can make highly educated guesses, but can we be positive?

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Nothing is definitive in an infinite universe
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    So would dead people!
    A guy with a serious speech impediment walks into a pet store, and asks, "You got any BUHD SEED?"

The clerk says, "Get outta here! Come back when you learn how to talk!"

Guy comes back a week later... "Got any BUHD Seed?"

"You moron, I told you to get lost. Come back when you get that problem fixed."

Guy comes back a week later...

"Wanna buy a dead buhd?"
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Nothing is definitive in an infinite universe
    death and taxes are my friend
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    You're joking... right?
    Not at all. Many college professors are finding themselves backtracking, because a good percentage of Freshman and Sophmores entering college level English no nothing more than, "You should never say ain't."

Many are clueless about the power of the comma and apostrophe as well.

Apparently so are many of their mentors...

http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Not to mention some of the most blatant errors. Note the sign for an actual college.

http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/examples_1.htm
    DesignExtend.com
    Even death is not certain. Only two things are certain:

1. The truth. -you can bend it & you can twist it, but the truth remains the truth.
    2. The fact that nothing otherwise is certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Not to mention some of the most blatant errors. Note the sign for an actual college.

http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/examples_1.htm
    That is preposturous!

1. The truth. -you can bend it & you can twist it, but the truth remains the truth.
    So that would mean that anything false is also certain?
    DesignExtend.com

the truth isn't certain, it depends on whos truth it is. (unless were talking math)
    and you are certainly gonna die sir, don't know when but it's gonna happen. now after your dead... there is uncertainty about that

and taxes of some sort are certain. if you dont pay money for tax, then the quality of life you lead can taxing enough.

hey did i do all my puncutations right? i know i can't spell already. and forget about caps. but i am growning everyday

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    That is preposturous!
    This is what happens when we're too concerned about how our children score (by average) on a test, rather than whether or not they can function in society.

Unless you move on to specific fields, the bulk of math you take in High School will never again be used.

Yet, the average person, even after purchasing several, doesn't understand the basics of real estate.

I say bring back the grammar (it's more important than analyzing Shakespeare), and create a rotating course for Seniors - balancing your checkbook, your basic legal rights, how to write a professional letter, how to buy a home, how to save money for a rainy day, and by gosh, WHAT YOUR CREDIT SCORE MEANS!

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    The experience we call death is certainly not certain. When was the last time you died? Here's a theory.. let's imagine we never do die. We appear to die to those around us, and vice versa, yet we each go on infinitely in our own universe.
    The experience we call death is certainly not certain. When was the last time you died? Here's a theory.. let's imagine we never do die. We appear to die to those around us, and vice versa, yet we each go on infinitely in our own universe.

i will have whatever he smoked

Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast