Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    "Many Bush-haters have been attacking Bush for not attending servicemen's funerals and for refusing to meet with Cindy Sheehan, whose son died in Iraq and who is camping out outside Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas. But Bush has already met with Sheehan once and has met with many family members, off camera and without publicity, as this week's Newsweek story makes clear."

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/opinion...ne_050816a.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    "Many Bush-haters have been attacking Bush for not attending servicemen's funerals and for refusing to meet with Cindy Sheehan, whose son died in Iraq and who is camping out outside Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas. But Bush has already met with Sheehan once and has met with many family members, off camera and without publicity, as this week's Newsweek story makes clear."

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/opinion...ne_050816a.htm

Ah, nice to see I can count on the Off Topic thread to pick up my republican talking points.

I think Sheehan is less of an embarassment to Bush and his seniors than
    U.S. lowers sights on what can be achieved in Iraq . But hey, Mission Accomplished right?
    Another recent article:

Crosses vandalized at antiwar mom's Texas camp site

CRAWFORD, Texas, Aug 16 (Reuters) - A pickup truck ran over wooden crosses erected at anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan's campsite on Monday night, in the latest sign of tension over the peace vigil outside vacationing President George W. Bush's Texas ranch....

...The small, white wooden crosses erected at the site are hand-painted with the names of soldiers killed in Iraq.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a mook.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    ...What a mook.
    Not sure what a "mook" is, but assuming it is not complimentary, I concur.

A much more meaningful gesture on the part of the driver would have been to be as consoling and empathizing as Mr. Bush was reported to be as he met with families of soldiers killed in the line of duty.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim

A much more meaningful gesture on the part of the driver would have been to be as consoling and empathizing as Mr. Bush was reported to be as he met with families of soldiers killed in the line of duty.
    You mean by referring to them as "the mother" as he did not bother to learn their names?
    You mean by referring to them as "the mother" as he did not bother to learn their names?
    I didnt catch that reference. On a quick search of the article, the only use of the phrase "the mother" was by the author, not the President.
  7.    #8  
    Ah, nice to see I can count on the Off Topic thread to pick up my republican talking points.

I think Sheehan is less of an embarassment to Bush and his seniors than
    U.S. lowers sights on what can be achieved in Iraq . But hey, Mission Accomplished right?
    Yep. I come here for my extreme left wing hate America first dose. You never fail to disappoint.

Did you read the link? Did you read what McCain had to say about the profound impact visiting those families has on Bush?
    Yep. I come here for my extreme left wing hate America first dose. You never fail to disappoint.

Did you read the link? Did you read what McCain had to say about the profound impact visiting those families has on Bush?
    Did you listen to a mother of a fallen soldier, on Oreilly, who met with Bush, describe her experience?
    Sounds like her fanaticism is going to cause her to loose her marriage too. I don't think their son would appreciate that outcome....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050816/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim

Shop is right about the Prez . As I posted earlier - here is an article about how empathetic he has been with the families of fallen soldiers.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    Sounds like her fanaticism is going to cause her to loose her marriage too. I don't think their son would appreciate that outcome....

Puleez. They were separated a long time ago. Nice try.

WHO??? Bet most folks don't even know his name. Bet a few more know hers though. I smell movie, book etc.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I don't think their son would appreciate that outcome....

You have no idea what her son would want. Statements like this **** me off. You have no idea what is reason behind the divorce, so don't act you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    Shop is right about the Prez . As I posted earlier - here is an article about how empathetic he has been with the families of fallen soldiers.
    Article already posted above.
    Puleez. They were separated a long time ago. Nice try.
    Yes. You're right. They were. Not too long after the boy died. According to the father, there were " differences that developed after our sons death."

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I truly don't understand John McCain.

junior only got to be "elected" president because of his libeling of McCain. In the S. Carolina primary junior, rove, and his cronies accused McCain of "neglecting war veterans". They even accused him of fathering a ******* black child. (junior was toast if he had lost again to McCain after the drubbing McCain had given him in NH)

When the same bunch slandered his friend John Kerry, accusing him of being a coward and worse, John McCain complained but again forgave junior.

-- he is a very forgiving man it seems.

"I guess Governor Bush is now a reformer. If so, it's his first day on the job," [McCain] said.

"I don't know if you can understand this George, but that really hurt. That really hurt" - Mr McCain responding to the acusation that he had neglected war veterans.

"Turn on the radio, turn on the television and you'll hear a negative attack against John McCain."

"You should be ashamed" ...

source
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Article already posted above.
    ooops - missed it
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE

junior only got to be "elected" president because of his libeling of McCain. In the S. Carolina primary junior, rove, and his cronies accused McCain of "neglecting war veterans". They even accused him of fathering a ******* black child. (junior was toast if he had lost again to McCain after the drubbing McCain had given him in NH)

When the same bunch slandered his friend John Kerry, accusing him of being a coward and worse, John McCain complained but again forgave junior.

"I guess Governor Bush is now a reformer. If so, it's his first day on the job," [McCain] said.

"I don't know if you can understand this George, but that really hurt. That really hurt" - Mr McCain responding to the acusation that he had neglected war veterans.

"Turn on the radio, turn on the television and you'll hear a negative attack against John McCain."

source
    well ... he may be making a run in 2008 - I would say that he's just being politically savvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE

source

Yes, one of McCain's great qualities is also a weakness for the party he belongs to, LOYALTY. McCain is a team player and you're right, to stand up and walk the party line for that POS takes some serious character.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast