Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    No. Everyone should have a chance to be heard, you being able to post here is a case in point.

It was just that you did not mention that part of the interview and I posted a simple statement giving the whole scope of her political affiliations. I said nothing about her credentials or validity in her comments, you questioned that when associated with Michael Moore and MoveOn.org.
    I asked that because that's the first thing I hear out of all the Republican pundits regarding Sheehan.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    You still do not believe that Iraq had ties with any terrorist?????

Unfortunately, I really do not have enough knowledge on our relations with Sinn Fein to debate the issues. I will get up to speed and carry on a dialogue in the future though.

I am not saying that. I simply will not slide down the slope you are trying to create.

9-11 was about alqueda in afghanistan fostered by the taliban. That's it.
    No arguments on that, Saudi needs to get on board with elimination of terrorist or face the consequences as well. What will those consequences be? who knows at this point, but we have not done nearly enough yet.
    To punish them we'll all buy hybrids!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    I respect what you wrote and there's alot truth to it. But cardio have you actually watched Fahrenheit 9/11 ? (with an open mind, of course)
    Yes I have, have you watched the rebuttal movie (I forgot the name of it sorry). However, I watched them both as movies and actually found quite a bit of humor in both (trying to prove their point not the actions). I try to keep an open mind on issues and get as much information as possible before I try to argue points and will change my stance if so persuaded. I have first hand experience in Kuwait, Saudi and Iraq. I have seen direct results of terrorist actions and I have strong feelings from those experiences. The bombing of the Khobar towers hit very close to home with friends and co-workers staying there at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I asked that because that's the first thing I hear out of all the Republican pundits regarding Sheehan.
    Haven't you noticed yet that I am not a "Republican pundit"
    I am all for that.....as long as they get started pumping them out to make it affordable all the way down to the basic models, it really won't make much of a difference though.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I was actually looking at a Toyota Prius last weekend. But it will take more than a few hybrids to really hurt them.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I am all for that.....as long as they get started pumping them out to make it affordable all the way down to the basic models, it really won't make much of a difference though.

do you think we'd be in bed with the saudis -- holding hands with them in public, and doing unspeakable lewd acts in private -- if we didn't need their oil ??

as you read this, junior and his oily cronies are exempting Hummers etc. from pressure to get better MPGs
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    do you think we'd be in bed with the saudis -- holding hands with them in public, and doing unspeakable lewd acts in private -- if we didn't need their oil ??

as you read this, junior and his oily cronies are exempting Hummers etc. from pressure to get better MPGs
    Just curious, what are your thoughts on oil exploration in the Alaskan wilderness and/or in the Gulf of Mexico?
    I was actually looking at a Toyota Prius last weekend. But it will take more than a few hybrids to really hurt them.
    Cars like that should be illegal.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Just curious, what are your thoughts on oil exploration in the Alaskan wilderness and/or in the Gulf of Mexico?
    Anwar contains a trivial amount of oil -- (and I think it would be largely sent to japan and china in any event, both because of its location and the tyoe of crude found there -- but not certain on that)

conservation is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS cheaper in the long run.

do you spending $100 now, and save $10 a year -- or do you spend twice as much over 10 years but at a smaller upfront expense ??

What about the cost in hand holding with the saudis ? what about the cost to the planet that you'll be leaving to your children ?? what about the cost in TODAY'S dollars to fill up your tank --

The moronic choices repugs in congress and junior have made over the last couple of decades regarding gas MPGs have brought us to where our demand grows greatly as available supplies daily dimminish.

BTW Cardio -- do you have any idea what Iraq will look like in 1-2 years ??? If you have one, post your positive vision in that thread !
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/19/2005 at 10:17 AM.
    Anwar contains a trivial amount of oil -- (and I think it would be largely sent to japan and china in any event, both because of its location and the tyoe of crude found there -- but not certain on that)
    Humor me. Exactly how many barrels of oil are there, better yet, point me to the big dipstick in the ice so I can go pull it out for myself.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Humor me. Exactly how many barrels of oil are there, better yet, point me to the big dipstick in the ice so I can go pull it out for myself.

after you tell us how you envison Iraq 1-2 years from now --

I'll reveal the location of the (shhh) secret dip stick !!

secret dipstick map ...
    after you tell us how you envison Iraq 1-2 years from now --

I'll reveal the location of the (shhh) secret dip stick !!

secret dipstick map ...
    I know where the dipstick is
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I know where the dipstick is
    beat me to it.

please barye tell us how much is a trivial amount. And please post your credentials in the oil business too please
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    beat me to it.

please barye tell us how much is a trivial amount. And please post your credentials in the oil business too please

Woof -- all answers follow from the secret dipstick !!!

secret dipstick
    Woof -- all answers follow from the secret dipstick !!!

secret dipstick

Digital Dipstick
    This is the only digital measuring device of its kind
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

conservation is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS cheaper in the long run.

do you spending $100 now, and save $10 a year -- or do you spend twice as much over 10 years but at a smaller upfront expense ??

What about the cost in hand holding with the saudis ? what about the cost to the planet that you'll leaving to your children ?? what about the cost in TODAY'S dollars to fill up your tank --

The moronic choices repugs in congress and junior have made over the last couple of decades regarding gas MPGs have brought us to where our demand grows greated as available supplies daily dimminish.

BTW Cardio -- do you have any idea what Iraq will look like in 1-2 years ??? If you have one, post your positive vision in that thread !
    BARYE, I simply asked your opinion you made an assumption of my opinion probably not very open minded there. Can you tell us what steps you take on a daily basis to conserve? IE ride a bicycle instead of a motorized vehicle, only use electricity during non-peak hours, car pool, recycle everything possible. The reason I ask is I know individuals who constantly talk about resources (oil) but do absolutely nothing other than drive a late model import that averages 25 MPG. They water their lawn for hours at a time, wash the car 2-3 times a week, burn a wood fire because she likes the ambiance and refuse to recycle cans and bottles. And their weekend hobby, dirt bike riding, they drive their Explorer to pull the trailer to the bike trails in the mountains. Oh, by the way, he is an elected official who used an conservation first platform. He is on the democcatic ticket, so it is not only your hated rebublicans now is it.
    BARYE, I simply asked your opinion you made an assumption of my opinion probably not very open minded there. Can you tell us what steps you take on a daily basis to conserve? IE ride a bicycle instead of a motorized vehicle, only use electricity during non-peak hours, car pool, recycle everything possible. The reason I ask is I know individuals who constantly talk about resources (oil) but do absolutely nothing other than drive a late model import that averages 25 MPG. They water their lawn for hours at a time, wash the car 2-3 times a week, burn a wood fire because she likes the ambiance and refuse to recycle cans and bottles. And their weekend hobby, dirt bike riding, they drive their Explorer to pull the trailer to the bike trails in the mountains. Oh, by the way, he is an elected official who used an conservation first platform. He is on the democcatic ticket, so it is not only your hated rebublicans now is it.

I'm glad you asked Cardio ---

My only transportation is the 3-4 bikes I have in my basement.

I haven't owned a vehicle in 2-3 years -- and when I do need to drive anywhere I rent the most eco friendly, highest mileage car I can.

I've thought about buying a used van with a diesel engine and converting it to run on bio diesel -- but that's still a fantasy.
    (I live in a neighborhood with lot's of little fast food resturants from where I could cheaply get the "fuel").

I also hope eventually to have a roof mounted solar water heater -- which will work together with the already purchased (and soon to be installed) on-demand hot water system. (one of the factors that made me excited about my house, was its solar potential -- my roof slopes directly south)

I would like to do solar electric panels as well -- but that's probably alot further into the future.

Except where dimmers are used, the light bulbs are screw in flourecents.

Beyond a general sensitivity to my planet, I'm also a cheap ******* -- who hasn't much money to waste. I prefer to spend a little more up front, when I can get more back over time.

(I still want to hear your vision of what will happen in Iraq !)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I'm glad you asked Cardio ---

My only transportation is the 3-4 bikes I have in my basement.

I haven't owned a vehicle in 2-3 years -- and when I do need to drive anywhere I rent the most eco friendly, highest mileage car I can.

I've thought about buying a used van with a diesel engine and converting it to run on bio diesel -- but that's still a fantasy.
    (I live in a neighborhood with lot's of little fast food resturants from where I could cheaply get the "fuel").

I also hope eventually to have a roof mounted solar water heater -- which will work together with the already purchased (and soon to be installed) on-demand hot water system. (one of the factors that made me excited about my house, was its solar potential -- my roof slopes directly south)

I would like to do solar electric panels as well -- but that's probably alot further into the future.

Except where dimmers are used, the light bulbs are screw in flourecents.

Beyond a general sensitivity to my planet, I'm also a cheap ******* -- who hasn't much money to waste. I prefer to spend a little more up front, when I can get more back over time.

(I still want to hear your vision of what will happen in Iraq !)
    Good for you. I am not quite that eco friendly (read cheap), but I save everywhere I can. I am looking at a roof mounted water system myself, they have really come down recently. However, I will use mine for pool and hot water heater(s). If the govt leaders demoncrats and repbugnicans would follow through on issues they put on their platform it would be better. They all fly to and from DC take their recess (vacations) and jet around like the privilaged while feed us a line about doing our part to conserve. As far as my vision for Iraq, I would like to see the Iraqi people determine how they want to be governed, set up their form of goverment and be able to control their own land and lives. What is right for us or what is right for Canada or any other country is not right for them, however they deserve the oppurtunity to make that decision without a dictator telling them how to live. I would like to see foreign troops return home, but only when Iraqi people are ready to stand on their own. This will take a joint effort from all interested parties, if we pull out now they will be no better off than when we started.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789